NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

SNES Classic Mini

Amazon will put more up and the official Nintendo store hasn't even put theirs up yet. There'll be more chances...

I've ordered from Smyths for £69.99.. but with me moving house soon, my billing address will change before this is released. There's no option on the site for me to change this information so I don't even know if it will go through properly :hmm:

pre-ordered 2 from ShopTo by mistake, just a heads up i'm canceling that now so there will be one avalible lol.

14 minutes ago, Blade said:

I don't think this is good news for the Switch VC :(

I feel like we're almost certainly waiting until 2018 at this point, unfortunately. I just hope that the work that has gone into the mini versions of the NES and SNES is easily transferable to the Switch.

One crumb of encouragement, though, is that the prospect of Super FX chip games finally making it onto the Virtual Console feels significantly greater :hehe:

Honestly, even if I buy this I'm still going to buy every single one of those games again on the Switch :grin:

8 minutes ago, punio75 said:

Game back online for preorders.

Bagged one so let's see what happens!

Same here, though I'm not convinced they'll actually come through, in all the confusion I did end up with two in my basket, I took one out though just in case because I'm assuming it'll be one per customer anyway.

Yeah not holding out hope for Game.

If anyone sees any on Toys R Us or the Ninty store could you post here please !

• Like 1

This actually looks great, I wasn't fussed about the NES one but this is a collection of games I'd actually love to play. Definitely going to try and get one.

• Like 1

Managed to pre order with game. I have no confidence that they will actually honour it though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cube said:

Looking at the images...where exactly to the controllers plug in? 

The "ports" on the front don't look like anything can plug into them,

Found this image today:

xhk6ncq4ou5ygn93osn5.jpg

They look like Wii connectors to me, so that's great.

It's of the Japanese one but I assume it's going to be the same for us.

I'm still gutted I missed out on preorders. 😭

Edited by V. Amoleo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

I'm still gutted I missed out on preorders. 😭

They haven't even gone live on the Nintendo store yet have they?

Nintendo doesn't seem to have learned a thing.  They know there's a keen interest in the NES Mini, so they stop producing it instead of continuing manufacturing them.  Now the SNES Mini is due in September, and it seems it could be a similar situation in terms of stock.  Reading on different sources that online stores are not limiting orders to 1 per customer, so people have been snapping them up (some even getting as many as 10 pre-orders).  And then they are appearing on eBay for upwards of £100.

As much as i like the idea of Nintendo doing these retro consoles, i'll give it a miss.

37 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Found this image today:

xhk6ncq4ou5ygn93osn5.jpg

I'm just going to assume the cables won't be any longer than that :D

I'd be interested in the console if it wasn't such a hassle to get one. As it stands I have other means to play the games available on the SNES Mini ::shrug:

So, I kind of want to get the Japanese Super Famicom Mini, just for the box...

149855312599.jpg

I can feel the 90's bleeding through my screen right now :D 

Also worth mentioning that Japan has 21 games included also, but with five games exclusive to their version:

• Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • The Legend of Mystical Ninja
  • Panel de Pon
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

They get these games as opposed to the following five games, which are exclusive to the American and European versions of the microconsole:

• Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Street Fighter 2' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania 4
  • Super Punch-Out!!

Still surprised that Chrono Trigger is nowhere to be seen. If we do get Virtual Console for Switch, in whatever iteration that may be, I seriously do hope to see that game make its way onto it.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbob said:

Nintendo doesn't seem to have learned a thing.  They know there's a keen interest in the NES Mini, so they stop producing it instead of continuing manufacturing them.  Now the SNES Mini is due in September, and it seems it could be a similar situation in terms of stock.  Reading on different sources that online stores are not limiting orders to 1 per customer, so people have been snapping them up (some even getting as many as 10 pre-orders).  And then they are appearing on eBay for upwards of £100.

As much as i like the idea of Nintendo doing these retro consoles, i'll give it a miss.

It's not up to Nintendo to tell retailers to limit these things to 1 per customer. They'll be doing that on their own stores and have already said they'll be producing more SNES minis than they did NES minis.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's not up to Nintendo to tell retailers to limit these things to 1 per customer. They'll be doing that on their own stores and have already said they'll be producing more SNES minis than they did NES minis.

I know, but after the fiasco of stock with the NES mini, surely they'd be wiser and limit to 1 per customer.  It sucks that many (at the moment) will miss out due to others stocking up.

7 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

I know, but after the fiasco of stock with the NES mini, surely they'd be wiser and limit to 1 per customer.  It sucks that many (at the moment) will miss out due to others stocking up.

The retailers are the only ones who can limit it to 1 per customer, but they don't care as long as these things get sold.

8 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

I certainly agree with points made by both yourself and @Ronnie, but, at least from what I've seen in pre-ordering from a few places myself and poking around on some retailers' sites selling the SNES Mini in other territories, I ultimately think it's down to the retailer at this point as to whether or not it is 1 per customer, regardless of what Nintendo says, and I certainly expect to see Nintendo limit their official store sales to 1 per customer.

It's perhaps made a bit more confusing with the statement that they have plans to stock more SNES Minis than NES Minis, yet for roughly only half the retail time the NES Mini was on sale.

I think we'll see a lot of these "Sold Out" retailers suddenly have stock once customers have finalised at least one purchase of the microconsole (I mean, you've seen it here too, where because of the scarcity of the NES Mini, people are making 2/3 pre-orders of this thing!) in the coming days and weeks, and I certainly don't think any hardcore Nintendo fan - with their ears close to the ground - will be missing out on this Classic despite having a much shorter retail period. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

So, I kind of want to get the Japanese Super Famicom Mini, just for the box...

149855312599.jpg

I can feel the 90's bleeding through my screen right now :D 

Also worth mentioning that Japan has 21 games included also, but with five games exclusive to their version:

• Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
  • The Legend of Mystical Ninja
  • Panel de Pon
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

They get these games as opposed to the following five games, which are exclusive to the American and European versions of the microconsole:

• Earthbound
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Street Fighter 2' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania 4
  • Super Punch-Out!!

Still surprised that Chrono Trigger is nowhere to be seen. If we do get Virtual Console for Switch, in whatever iteration that may be, I seriously do hope to see that game make its way onto it.

Super Soccer.. my first ever game! I really wish we got that in our version :sad:

Hopefully this means it's possible to see it on Virtual Console in future!

Interesting that Japan get Super Soccer, considering that it has never been released on any console's VC service.  Nice to see another SNES game re-released for the first time ever!

Overall I'd say that our list of games is better than Japan's, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous that they get FE3 and PDP...

Good news, cable fans. Nintendo has confirmed that the SNES mini's controller cable is five feet long, up from the NES mini's too-short three feet.

Controller cable length was a common complaint among NES mini owners - and thankfully one which shouldn't be repeated.

"The controller cable on the Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES controller is approx. five feet long, which is about two feet longer than the cord on the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES controller," a Nintendo spokesperson confirmed to Eurogamer.

Quote from Eurogamer about the controller cable length

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Interesting that Japan get Super Soccer, considering that it has never been released on any console's VC service.  Nice to see another SNES game re-released for the first time ever!

Overall I'd say that our list of games is better than Japan's, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous that they get FE3 and PDP...

I didn't even think Super Soccer was possible due to Human Interactive no longer being in existence but this has given me hope :hehe:

If we get all of this on Switch, it'll be a dream come true :love:

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this