NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

SNES Classic Mini

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks. Managed to get through and preorder one. I'll probably preorder a second through Shopto or Nintendo just to be safe.

I'll be doing the same, don't trust GAME.

@kav has been harassing Nintendo about this! 🤣 He says they're ripping the consumer off. People in this thread feel devastated about this announcement clearly... 

Pre-ordered with GAME and going to keep an eye on Amazon and Nintendo's Official Online Store too. 

Amazing collection of games, but I do feel like there's one MAJOR SNES classic missing: Chrono Trigger. This is a game I absolutely wanted to see, but I suppose Secret of Mana makes up for that to some extent. 

I suppose it's also worth mentioning that this thing is dropping quite a ways out from the traditional Christmas shopping period. Could this mean that they are planning to get pre-orders out of the way first before selling this thing through March to bolster sales figures (and, you know, so people can actually get their hands on this Mini)? Or perhaps even that Switch VC is on the cards this Christmas with it being so far out? There's definitely something going on with that release date...

Edited by Julius Caesar

DDQ_h50XkAAwlCL.jpg

Fuck's sake! Nintendo haven't learnt a damn thing!! :angry:

Now's your only chance guys!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

DDQ_h50XkAAwlCL.jpg

Fuck's sake! Nintendo haven't learnt a damn thing!! :angry:

Now's your only chance guys!!

Got one pre-ordered and hoping for a price crash on the NES Mini's resellers (though I'm not holding my breath) upon release.

It makes perfect sense, though, for this to be more-or-less a short-term thing every time, at least in my opinion; this tides over those fans who, for whatever reason, don't want/will be unable to get a Switch come this Christmas period, and it means that they won't be cannibalising a potential Switch VC, or, at the very least, the Switch Classics Library, when it launches next year. 

Makes for a great collectible; how long does reckon before we hear about an N64 Mini? Will we even get one? Are people willing to purchase a great system with the knowledge that it comes with an extremely off-the-rails designed controlled?

Edited by Julius Caesar

Wow, much better selection of games than I was expecting. I still can't help but feel a little greedy after seeing Star Fox 2 though... They could've thrown in F-Zero 2 as well. :heh:

Will wait for the official site to put them up before I pre order one but I'm really liking the look of it. £80 is a bit steep but they were always going to charge more after the NES Classic was so sought after. I love that the controller ports are the classic shape, hope the cord is longer and the button are as springy as the original too.

I preordered one. I wasn't originally planning on it given how poorly I felt Nintendo handled the NES classic but it is a nice list and while I do already own a lot of the proper carts, it would be nice to have somewhere else to play them easily.

Although nice, I'd still prefer if they made more NES classics before they started with this one. I will be there for the N64 classic though. Also, with the Switch out, those controllers should be compatible.. I dunno if these are? Missed opportunity otherwise.

Apparently both Amazon and Game have stopped taking preorders now. Doesn't help when US gamers are snapping up our stock. 

Just stuck another preorder in at Shopto. Gotta make sure I get one of these.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently both Amazon and Game have stopped taking preorders now. Doesn't help when US gamers are snapping up our stock. 

Just stuck another preorder in at Shopto. Gotta make sure I get one of these.

Yeah I've seen a lot of US gamers on Gaf talking about importing. Given how hard these could be to get hold off its really annoying!

• Like 1

I'm trying to order one even though I'd much prefer to have EVERYTHING on Switch..

I'm trying to get one through ShopTo put the site is going hella slow!

EDIT: Just saying 'Notify Me' now, can't preorder. Looks like I missed out!

Just now, Eddage said:

I'm trying to get one through ShopTo put the site is going hella slow!

ShopTo has always been a problem for me. Any time I try try to log in, nothing seems to happen. I don't get it :hmm:

I've finally made it to my basket on GAME but I have 5 in it. Trying to remove them from my basket is painful!

I've managed to get a pre-order in at Amazon, but i'd rather not have to pre-order why can't there be actual stock!?

• Like 1

Jeez yeah, its sold out pretty much everywhere already. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon as soon as I saw the link here but that's nuts

2 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

I think I've missed it. :cry:

I think so too but I'm not that upset.. unless the Switch doesn't get a proper Virtual Console :blank:

Sign in to follow this