NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Just wanna say. I'm digging the new reaction icons. Also, how long did @RedShell have to nag you before the "weird" one was implemented?

Well I asked him to design them and he threw that one in and I couldn't really say no :p 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well I asked him to design them and he threw that one in and I couldn't really say no :p 

raw

• Haha 1

Is there any way to get the old reactions back? E.g. are they attached to a theme or something? I'm not a fan of the new ones.

• Confused 3
  • Weird 2

22 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Is there any way to get the old reactions back? E.g. are they attached to a theme or something? I'm not a fan of the new ones.

No.

• Angry 1

So I kinda hate the way the "new" forum handles YouTube and Gfycat content. Not a fan of the way videos get stretched to fit the screen, but worse still is what it does with gyfcat stuff, as they often get completely messed up by the scaling process or simply fail to embed at all, meaning I end up using the .gif version instead which is both crappy quality and about 10 times the filesize. :shakehead

I noticed that in threads I posted (before the forum update) using the old method of embedding vids and gifs, they still display like before, but it seems trying to embed stuff now in those ways doesn't work (i.e. [YOUTUBE]vid_id[/YOUTUBE] and I think it was [GFYCAT]link[/GFYCAT]?). ::shrug:

Here's an example using the old method:

And how that same content displays on the current system:

Actually, apart from the scaling that gif doesn't seem to go weird like most do, so I'll post this one too:

See? Loads of extra empty space above and bellow the actual image. :hmm:

The .gif version for comparison:

GenerousCompleteElephant-size_restricted

Correct proportions, but worse quality/larger filesize.

So yeah, just wondering if it might be possible to enable those options again, or perhaps alter the way the current method works?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to change the font colour for the spoilerbox when you are actually writing in it? At the moment its white on a black/dark grey background when reading which works fine but when writing the spoiler the font is black so barely visible.

Example:

HpKu8Ln.png

On 03/05/2018 at 12:30 PM, RedShell said:

So I kinda hate the way the "new" forum handles YouTube and Gfycat content. Not a fan of the way videos get stretched to fit the screen, but worse still is what it does with gyfcat stuff, as they often get completely messed up by the scaling process or simply fail to embed at all, meaning I end up using the .gif version instead which is both crappy quality and about 10 times the filesize. :shakehead

I noticed that in threads I posted (before the forum update) using the old method of embedding vids and gifs, they still display like before, but it seems trying to embed stuff now in those ways doesn't work (i.e. [YOUTUBE]vid_id[/YOUTUBE] and I think it was [GFYCAT]link[/GFYCAT]?). ::shrug:

Here's an example using the old method:

And how that same content displays on the current system:

Actually, apart from the scaling that gif doesn't seem to go weird like most do, so I'll post this one too:

See? Loads of extra empty space above and bellow the actual image. :hmm:

The .gif version for comparison:

GenerousCompleteElephant-size_restricted

Correct proportions, but worse quality/larger filesize.

So yeah, just wondering if it might be possible to enable those options again, or perhaps alter the way the current method works?

Sorry, I did look at this at the time and forgot to respond.

Unfortunately the video embedding is not something we have control over as far as I can see, and I've looked around and it seems like something that isn't available on the software itself at the moment.

I'm not sure why ones from vb are displaying okay, other than perhaps its something to do with the data conversion process.  Unsure if @Shorty knows any more about that from a technical POV, but that might not even be something that the supplier documents anyway.

And gifycat et al are all displayed as videos, which is why that is doing the same.

4 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Is it possible to change the font colour for the spoilerbox when you are actually writing in it? At the moment its white on a black/dark grey background when reading which works fine but when writing the spoiler the font is black so barely visible.

Example:

HpKu8Ln.png

That should be fixed for the Switch Grey theme.

• Thanks 2

That was always custom in the first place :) Not sure I have anything to hand though...

It would need some degree of... design :p

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this