NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

5 hours ago, RedShell said:

Does this newfangled forum have an option somewhere to hide the ‘posts’ section, or better yet, a way to stop posts from specific threads appearing in it?

BTW, add me to the list of people that can’t see who thanked/liked stuff.

Sorry, I promised to look into this second part a while ago.  Seems some user groups, including staff, had a setting that prevented you from seeing who reacted (why this is a thing is beyond me).  That should now be fixed.  

In regards to the first part...

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Click the tab on the left of the screen and click forums. You can remove it from there or edit it from there.

I believe that's for forum staff to actually add/remove 'blocks', rather than individual user settings. 

We can't block certain threads, but we can block certain forums.  Is there a reason you don't wish to see it RedShell?

And welcome back by the way, good to see your name :)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

We can't block certain threads, but we can block certain forums.  Is there a reason you don't wish to see it RedShell?

And welcome back by the way, good to see your name :)

Not an important one, I’m just trying to stay clear of anything regarding Super Mario Odyssey until launch (not an easy task these days) and while I have enough will power to avoid the thread for it, my eyes are automatically drawn to that posts section. :heh: No big deal (pretty sure nobody would post anything major without a spoiler tag anyway) I’d just like to avoid the possibility of seeing something like that potentially showing up there.

:peace:

Edited by RedShell

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Not an important one, I’m just trying to stay clear of anything regarding Super Mario Odyssey until launch (not an easy task these days) and while I have enough will power to avoid the thread for it, my eyes are automatically drawn to that posts section. :heh: No big deal (pretty sure nobody would post anything major without a spoiler tag anyway) I’d just like to avoid the possibility of seeing something like that potentially showing up there.

:peace:

I'm not actually sure how it works with spoilers.  I can't say I've noticed one way or another!

Are you able to see who reacted now btw?

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Are you able to see who reacted now btw?

I am, yeah.

Cheers. :)

• Like 1

I'm going to assume the answer is no but I'll ask anyway. Do we know if there is a way to keep people who you have on your ignore list ignored on the right hand post section?

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'm going to assume the answer is no but I'll ask anyway. Do we know if there is a way to keep people who you have on your ignore list ignored on the right hand post section?

I'd tell you how to do it, but unfortunately I don't think you'd be able to see my post.

• Like 1

I'd tell you how to do it, but unfortunately I don't think you'd be able to see my post.
He'll see it in the right hand post section.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I've taped a sheet of paper over the right side of my screen for now

Phew, now I can talk about you again without you knowing.

17 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Can anyone advise me on how to embed YouTube audio into a post?

Cheers.

Don't think it's possible any more. :hmm: Well, previous posts that had embedded YT audio no longer display correctly. ::shrug:

Yeah previously the audio posts were just a really small iframe that embedded a YouTube video. 

Weird old ones are not working as they were just YouTube videos. Maybe it doesn't know what to do with the old tag. @Shorty is this perhaps something that can be done with regex?

Tbh I thought this had been impossible for a long time simply because YT made it so the players don't work that way anymore. They were l literally just tiny Youtube videos that were so small you could only see the controls. They weren't really proper "audio" players, you were just loading the video.

If you tried to make one now, it would just come out like this:

http://navarr.me/ytaudio/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0e4Crth_Hb8&s=on&psize=s&theme=dark

• Like 1

I know (well at least I know what they were doing). Could we convert the old bbcodes to standard YouTube ones in bulk?

Is there some sort of time restriction on editing now? I'm not seeing the option to edit old posts, just the MultiQuote and Quote buttons. :confused:

I can see an edit button on the first page of this thread for my post from June. What theme are you using?

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Is there some sort of time restriction on editing now? I'm not seeing the option to edit old posts, just the MultiQuote and Quote buttons. :confused:

There shouldn't be. I just posted in the Odyssey thread and immediately edited it straight after posting.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I can see an edit button on the first page of this thread for my post from June. What theme are you using?

Default theme, using Firefox. Just tried the other 2, but it makes no difference.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

There shouldn't be. I just posted in the Odyssey thread and immediately edited it straight after posting.

I have the option to edit posts just after posting, but not for long it seems. :blank:

Can no longer edit my previous post in here for example, even though the option was there initially.

4 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Default theme, using Firefox. Just tried the other 2, but it makes no difference.

I have the option to edit posts just after posting, but not for long it seems. :blank:

Can no longer edit my previous post in here for example, even though the option was there initially.

It may be a staff issue. For example, Eddage and other members of staff couldn't see who was thanking/liking posts.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

It may be a staff issue. For example, Eddage and other members of staff couldn't see who was thanking/liking posts.

Maybe.

Looks like the time limit is 5 minutes anyway, as the option has just gone from my last post in here.

Right.  I have now gone through all group-based settings (unless some are randomly scattered about) and compared a standard member to an N-E Staff member and brought them in line where expected (obviously staff can do a bit more).  Mind trying again @RedShell?  Sorry about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Right.  I have now gone through all group-based settings (unless some are randomly scattered about) and compared a standard member to an N-E Staff member and brought them in line where expected (obviously staff can do a bit more).  Mind trying again @RedShell?  Sorry about this.

Yep, it works fine now.

Thanks. :smile:

• Like 2

Just wanna say. I'm digging the new reaction icons. Also, how long did @RedShell have to nag you before the "weird" one was implemented?

• Haha 2
  • Weird 3

Sign in to follow this