NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

13 hours ago, Shorty said:

Your members should no longer be squashed on the default theme.

Can confirm this. Ta very much!

Quick question: can we still put titles in spoilers? I tried doing that earlier today, and couldn't do it.

It's a weird thing we came across during testing.  We can't seem to, but it does seem to have the option buried away somewhere which is how the Awards part of your signature is still working.

So short answer is no, unless someone figures out the magic :p 

On 17/09/2017 at 8:17 PM, Ashley said:

It's a weird thing we came across during testing.  We can't seem to, but it does seem to have the option buried away somewhere which is how the Awards part of your signature is still working.

So short answer is no, unless someone figures out the magic :p 

Yeah, I think it was the "multiple reactions" update that deactivated it for some reason. I could still do it when I posted that Fire Emblem review in the Game Diary thread (double-click the spoiler title, I believe that was), but now I can't.

A small point but would it be possible to remove the several point spacing after hitting return on a browser? For instance, type a line and hit enter and you'll see the caret has jumped what looks like two lines. It wasn't like this before.

Why I'm really asking is because on Tapatalk, spacing is still formatted the old way (no big point spacing between returns). So essentially, if I type a post on Tapatalk and want to break up paragraphs, I'll leave a blank line between them (as you would have before on PC). When these posts are viewed on PC these spaces between paragraphs look really big. Here's an example image of a post I did in Tapatalk but screen grabbed on PC. In Tapatalk I put a one-line space between my paragraphs which looked fine in the app (and is necessary otherwise there's no space at all between paragraphs on Tapatalk), but when viewed on PC (as in the screenshot) it's a really big gap as it's adding several points of spacing in addition to that line:

XBocgPK.jpg

Worse still, as the PC software is automatically adding spacing, people no longer press return twice to separate their paragraphs by a line. As such, in Tapatalk (which adds no spacing between paragraphs in the posts you view, aka 'the old way'), posts people have done on the PC have paragraphs bunched together with no spaces. This problem basically started following the move.

Consistency between both platforms would be great, and seeing as it used to be that there wasn't a high degree of spacing between paragraphs, any chance you could remove the spacing on PC?

Edited by Sheikah

I swear we spend 50% of our time looking at things so you can use Tapatalk :p

I'll look into it.  But it appears fine when using PC...

As I only hit enter there once.  Can you confirm this is only happening when you're using Tapatalk or am I misunderstanding your post?

Not sure if others agree but I really don't like not being able to see who liked a post, just getting a notification saying "somebody reacted to a post..." seems really weird.

I can understand why it might have been done - to avoid it seeming like the same group of people are ganging up on someone over and over (not sure if that is the reason), but as it stands now, with added anonymity, I feel it is a lot worse. Someone could potentially post something horrific and as many people could like it just because they're hidden.

I feel the internet needs a lot less anonymity, not more!

7 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Not sure if others agree but I really don't like not being able to see who liked a post, just getting a notification saying "somebody reacted to a post..." seems really weird.

I can understand why it might have been done - to avoid it seeming like the same group of people are ganging up on someone over and over (not sure if that is the reason), but as it stands now, with added anonymity, I feel it is a lot worse. Someone could potentially post something horrific and as many people could like it just because they're hidden.

I feel the internet needs a lot less anonymity, not more!

You can see who liked a post, can't you? Just click on the heart/trophy/smiley and it shows you who has reacted to the post.

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You can see who liked a post, can't you? Just click on the heart/trophy/smiley and it shows you who has reacted to the post.

Doesn't show anything for me.

If I hover over it just shows the number if I click on it it doesn't do anything.

1 minute ago, Eddage said:

Doesn't show anything for me.

If I hover over it just shows the number if I click on it it doesn't do anything.

Strange. You should be able to just click it and then a pop up will show you those who have liked the post.

Just now, Eddage said:

Maybe it's a browser thing? I'm using Chrome if that makes a difference.

I don't think it's that. I use Chrome on my laptop and Safari on my phone and it works with both.

1 minute ago, Eddage said:

Doesn't work on my phone either :/

Very weird. I wonder if there's a setting you have to activate or something?

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Shouldn't be.

@Eddage just to check, when looking this post you can't see who has liked it?  Or when looking in the notification 'drawer'?  Or both?

Both.

Looking at the post I can see one person has liked it but hovering over or clicking on it doesn't show any names.

The notification 'drawer' just says "somebody reacted to a post in a topic Destiny 2"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Both.

Looking at the post I can see one person has liked it but hovering over or clicking on it doesn't show any names.

The notification 'drawer' just says "somebody reacted to a post in a topic Destiny 2"

I'll try and have a look at it tomorrow evening (just off to bed now and out most of tomorrow) but on the off chance, can another staff member (such as @Dcubed, @S.C.G or @Josh64 off the top of my head) confirm if they can see who likes a response?  Just trying to establish if its a weird user group issue.

• Like 1

I can see who likes my stuff, I just clicked where it says ‘1 <3’ and then S.C.G’s name appeared 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, I can see that @S.C.G liked the above posts (and that he'll like this post too ;) )

I'm nothing if not predictable in my patterns at times. :p

Incidentally, I can't see who liked my posts but I do know or at least have an idea of who might like them. ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I'm nothing if not predictable in my patterns at times. :p

Incidentally, I can't see who liked my posts but I do know or at least have an idea of who might like them. ;)

Hmm that's weird.

16 hours ago, Josh64 said:

I can see who likes my stuff, I just clicked where it says ‘1 <3’ and then S.C.G’s name appeared 

Josh, can you see that I liked this post?

• Like 1

Does this newfangled forum have an option somewhere to hide the ‘posts’ section, or better yet, a way to stop posts from specific threads appearing in it?

BTW, add me to the list of people that can’t see who thanked/liked stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

+1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Does this newfangled forum have an option somewhere to hide the ‘posts’ section, or better yet, a way to stop posts from specific threads appearing in it?

Click the tab on the left of the screen and click forums. You can remove it from there or edit it from there.

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Click the tab on the left of the screen and click forums. You can remove it from there or edit it from there.

Must be missing something as clicking on that just reloads the forum for me. ::shrug:

Sign in to follow this