NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

It's for Kav not me. I still use the mobile version cos it's quicker than Desktop version on the phone haha. 

@flameboy there's a new theme "Nintendo Switch Grey" if you want a dark theme.

Let me know if there's any issues anywhere.

I like the Nintendo Switch (Grey) theme! 

And it also took me a while to find 'new posts' but the way it shows activity on a timeline seems a lot better

Edited by Agent Gibbs

5 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

I like the Nintendo Switch (Grey) theme!  took me a while to find 'new posts' but the way it shows activity on a timeline seems a lot better

The activity stream that exists on all themes...?

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The activity stream that exists on all themes...?

I think i missed the word AND between Switch theme and discussing the new new posts

Has anyone noticed on the main site, where it shows recent posts its not wrapping text right? the latest post was Happenstance, and his user name blurred into the text in the next column

4 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

I think i missed the word AND between Switch theme and discussing the new new posts

Has anyone noticed on the main site, where it shows recent posts its not wrapping text right? the latest post was Happenstance, and his user name blurred into the text in the next column

Presume you mean this:
lp1.png

Rather than this:

lp2.png 

Either way...no?

Or you really are trying to confuse me tonight.

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Presume you mean this:
lp1.png

Rather than this:

lp2.png 

Either way...no?

Or you really are trying to confuse me tonight.

I need to not post when i've been drinking, it comes out wrong

Like this

Name%20over_zpszqi9ua4g.png

So what's the new equivalent to the "New Posts" button? Really hoping it isn't Activity, because seeing a marker for every post in a given thread as opposed to just that a thread has new posts seems extremely tedious. 

I've been browsing mobile (nontapatalk) for a few years now, and this Switch has made it hard to parse which threads I want to focus my attention towards. Especially given that only a couple are displayed per screen size. 

Edit: just noticed the condensed version. And that I was reading things wrong and though activity showed per post. Oops. 

Edited by Nolan

Is there any way of making threads with unread posts standout more, or conversely, make threads with no new posts less obvious? The old board was great in that you could instantly tell what threads were new.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Is there any way of making threads with unread posts standout more, or conversely, make threads with no new posts less obvious? The old board was great in that you could instantly tell what threads were new.

There's either a circle or lit star next to it.

The ignore feature seems a lot better with this software. Quite a few times I haven't noticed people have posted at all until I've seen them quoted.

I haven't experimented with it but I believe there's a pretty comprehensive way to browse new posts using filters and all sorts. 

The background processes have completed at last so these features should be up and running.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nolan said:

So what's the new equivalent to the "New Posts" button? Really hoping it isn't Activity, because seeing a marker for every post in a given thread as opposed to just that a thread has new posts seems extremely tedious. 

I've been browsing mobile (nontapatalk) for a few years now, and this Switch has made it hard to parse which threads I want to focus my attention towards. Especially given that only a couple are displayed per screen size. 

Edit: just noticed the condensed version. And that I was reading things wrong and though activity showed per post. Oops. 

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

I haven't experimented with it but I believe there's a pretty comprehensive way to browse new posts using filters and all sorts. 

The background processes have completed at last so these features should be up and running.

Yeah for example this will show you threads (as opposed to calendars etc) that you have posted in that have unread content and the last post link will take you to the first unread post.  You can also save this (or any other combination) as your own stream.

https://forum.n-europe.com/index.php?/discover/unread/&stream_unread_links=1&stream_ownership=postedin&stream_classes[IPS\forums\Topic]=1

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

6 hours ago, Cube said:

There's either a circle or lit star next to it.

And the thread title is bold.

• Like 1

I know the threads with new posts are bold with a circle/star next to it, it's just not as immediately obvious as the old board. Maybe it's the smaller font size. Anyway it's a tiny nitpick, and doesn't really matter, I'm just struggling with the legibility of this new board versus the very clear and obvious old one. Great work otherwise.

Edited by Ronnie

Mind popping back in a week or so in case it is a "getting used to it" kind of thing. Of course we'll consider any specific suggestions anyone has (think someone, maybe you, previously mentioned clearer dividers), but some of it might just be adapting. 

Really like how responsive the the forum is now, great improvement.

The default themes are very white, any chance of introducing some darker shades while maintaining a 'light' theme? Currently it's all very light grey on white. I realise there's now a dark theme (good job on the quick turnaround), but would personally prefer a light theme that's a bit easier on the eyes.

57 minutes ago, Zell said:

Really like how responsive the the forum is now, great improvement.

The default themes are very white, any chance of introducing some darker shades while maintaining a 'light' theme? Currently it's all very light grey on white. I realise there's now a dark theme (good job on the quick turnaround), but would personally prefer a light theme that's a bit easier on the eyes.

That's pretty much my only grievance, so far.

Everything feels very new and sleek. Quite a sexy change! It'll take time to get used to it, but I think it's been a good move. Well done and thanks. :D

Edit: Noooo, my avatar doesn't look right! Maybe it's time for a change...

That's pretty much my only grievance, so far.
Everything feels very new and sleek. Quite a sexy change! It'll take time to get used to it, but I think it's been a good move. Well done and thanks.

Edit: Noooo, my avatar doesn't look right! Maybe it's time for a change...

But how will people know that you are excited to see Sin City, in cinemas now!
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2017 at 8:57 PM, Cube said:

@flameboy there's a new theme "Nintendo Switch Grey" if you want a dark theme.

Let me know if there's any issues anywhere.

Some issues I've noticed with the theme:

(quoting a post)

y4mbXx-510SqqWQDb1K3c9yvi6hgwDr9w40nLtkK

(Can't read who liked a post)

y4mES_qGBHX7HLlMN_6jLudQWi_MwKkYzq5AzFLA

We will look at tweaking the themes to make them a bit clearer/easier to read. I think at the moment we're all just taking the weekend off from that kind of thing!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

We will look at tweaking the themes to make them a bit clearer/easier to read. I think at the moment we're all just taking the weekend off from that kind of thing!

This will sound odd, but could we have a few retro themes? Like a classic Cube-Europe and then old N-E theme?

36 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is the old N-E theme just going to be pictures of @Mr_Odwin?

It took me a long time to understand this joke because I didn't think you'd ever be so mean.

• Like 3

Before we spend too much time on themes I'd like everyone to give the default a go for a bit. Most of peoples' aversions to it I think will just be because it's different. The old forum had very harsh, dated table-cell lines between posts that's been far from the norm for a long time.

Personally I find the new layout much more readable after giving it a chance for bit.

More themes can be added in the future of course but lets let the dust settle for a bit first :)

Sign in to follow this