NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

New Software!

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Yeah, it should be keeping the aspect ratio.  I'm not sure if you can do anything on your end, but it would be much better if images wouldn't get distorted on mobile.

Ha yeah I kind of realised this is what you meant after I had begun posting but wanted to double check.  I had a quick look and nothing jumped out at me, but we're still getting used to the admin area.  @Shorty and I will look into it.

1 minute ago, DriftKaiser said:

@Ashley Love the Switch theme.  Already love the new features came with the update @Shorty. Yeah I have similar problem with the theme squashed on mobile Google Chrome but desktop mode fixed it. 

Cheers!  It's much easier to create themes on here than it was before!  

Also just noticed the tagging works dynamically.  No longer have to copy and paste usernames like @Kaepora_Gaebora!

• Like 2

If we can make theme requests, I wouldn't mind a darker one so I can read the forum at night and not strain my delicate eyes.

• Like 1

Weirdly I tried adding a big image and it worked fine on mobile.  I then tried adding the same Mario Kart image and it worked fine too:
fc1d71b6-4714-4ab0-9207-d266f585300d.jpg

I then edited @Glen-i's post using the same images and its fine now.

Let's blame the rebuild going on.

357506.gif?b64lines=IFJlYnVpbGQhIEkga25l

• Like 4

Looks good although harder to read than the previous version. It'll take some getting used to.

One suggestion I would make would be to cut down on the number of stickies in the Nintendo board. Means you have to scroll down just to access the new threads.

11 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

If we can make theme requests, I wouldn't mind a darker one so I can read the forum at night and not strain my delicate eyes.

Yeah that's fair.  Added it to the list.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Looks good although harder to read than the previous version. It'll take some getting used to.

One suggestion I would make would be to cut down on the number of stickies in the Nintendo board. Means you have to scroll down just to access the new threads.

Any particular parts you're having problems with?  May be able to address.

We do probably need to look into the number of stickies we have there.

• Like 2

Just now, Ashley said:

Yeah that's fair.  Added it to the list.

Any particular parts you're having problems with?  May be able to address.

We do probably need to look into the number of stickies we have there.

I guess the single column layout and bigger font meant the old board was quite easy to read, but it's not a big problem, just something to get used to. Maybe using a few more shades of grey/colour to box information blocks a bit more would help but I'm probably talking rubbish.

I was getting so confused then when the forum started beeping at me! I'd just turned my PS4 controller on at the same time and I thought it had a new wake up sound!

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I guess the single column layout and bigger font meant the old board was quite easy to read, but it's not a big problem, just something to get used to. Maybe using a few more shades of grey/colour to box information blocks a bit more would help but I'm probably talking rubbish.

It's been a long day so excuse me for my denseness but we currently have a one column layout when viewing posts (but not on the forum/thread listings) and I think the font size is the same but we currently don't have access to the old forum so I can double check, but will do when I can.

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I was getting so confused then when the forum started beeping at me! I'd just turned my PS4 controller on at the same time and I thought it had a new wake up sound!

I think that's Chrome notifications rather than the forum.  I say I think because I switched it on straight away so I have no way of testing it :heh:

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

It's been a long day so excuse me for my denseness but we currently have a one column layout when viewing posts (but not on the forum/thread listings) and I think the font size is the same but we currently don't have access to the old forum so I can double check, but will do when I can.

I think that's Chrome notifications rather than the forum.  I say I think because I switched it on straight away so I have no way of testing it :heh:

No I turned Chrome's off when it asked me, this is just the forum.

EDIT: And by Chrome I mean Firefox. Apparently I'm very easily led and just accept that I'm using Chrome even though I'm not.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

Yeah I turned it off. I was gonna leave it on but I'm just too damn popular so I know it would drive me nuts!

Sorry I meant two column view on the thread list, but as I said, no big deal. Plenty of benefits that are more obvious.

Edited by Ronnie

Loving the look of the new forums, any ideas when it'll work with Tapatalk again?

@Shorty was looking at that and I think it was just a case of changing where it redirects so I'm guessing it either takes some time to update or he got waylaid by something else.

• Like 2

Also just noticed polls can now have multiple questions.  

I've started updating the initial post of Shorty's with these new (built-in) features as I find them.

• Like 1

Is there a way to edit your posts?

Edit (heh): nevermind. I just can't seem to edit the latest post I made in the Nex Machina Thread.

Edited by drahkon

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Is there a way to edit your posts?

Edit (heh): nevermind. I just can't seem to edit the latest post I made in the Nex Machina Thread.

There is a time limit on it (an hour I believe).  We could probably change that, think its just default and it slipped through the net. 

Edit - oh it was 10 minutes.  Changed it to unlimited as I think that's what we had before anyway.

• Like 1

Tapatalk should be on, not sure if anything needs changing in the app though.

in the mean time consider the mobile site, it has lots of new features ;)

Do anyone have any idea what is the recommend size for the cover photos?

EDIT: It turns out you can use animated gifs in the cover photo and it's 1220 × 200 pixels incase if anyone want to know.

Edited by DriftKaiser
  • Like 2

Change is good.  First impressions, looks clean and fresh.  Loving the new look so far, will get used to it more.  Still used to seeing the VBulletin site.

What. The. 

I dont like change. 

10 years! 10 long years! What have you done!!!

Maybe I just need to get used to it, but is there any way you guys can add an icon/button that takes you to the last page and/or reply for threads? At the moment there's only a linked date that takes you to the latest reply. Obviously that's picky and not much of a priority for you right now, but I might not be the only one.

Also, maybe a theme that gives the topics a hard border would be good.

Edited by dwarf

I hope I'm not overstepping the mark, but I tested out the awesome new calendar tool by adding the next Mario Kart League night into the community calendar. Complete with cover photo. I really like this feature, can see it being very useful for remembering future directs, etc.

• Like 1

Nice work guys, I love this forum software so I'm glad we've finally upgraded. I'm sure it will be even more awesome once the content is worked through for a few weeks.

57 minutes ago, dwarf said:

Maybe I just need to get used to it, but is there any way you guys can add an icon/button that takes you to the last page and/or reply for threads? At the moment there's only a linked date that takes you to the latest reply. Obviously that's picky and not much of a priority for you right now, but I might not be the only one.

You can click on the circle to the left of the topic to go to the first new post in there.

Sign in to follow this