NEurope
Helmsly

Metroid Samus Returns for 3DS (2D Metroid game)

I really want to the DLC but I don't want to pay £40+ or particularly have any plastic figures or whatever, what do :(

I hope there's still things to unlock in the game, at the very least there better be different endings for different completion %s as that's just classic Metroid.

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Hilarious how unlocking all this content costs the same as the game itself.

Not quite as bad as Fire Emblem Echoes where the DLC costs more than the actual game. (Or was that Fates? It was definitely one of them)

Not gonna lie, this news worries me a lot. I want to get the limited edition (haven't bothered to check the pre-orders much, gotta check if German retailers have them), but for reasons largely unrelated to the Amiibos. A different playstyle altogether is a lot to lock behind one of those things, and I don't want to encourage that, either.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Not quite as bad as Fire Emblem Echoes where the DLC costs more than the actual game. (Or was that Fates? It was definitely one of them)

It was Echoes. Shortly before launch, they announced a season pass that costs more than the game itself. And that's without counting the Amiibo.

(Fates is a bit more complicated, since it's one of those "game with 3 versions" dealio, and instead of buying all of them separate, you can buy one version and get the others as "expansion packs". And there was also "traditional" DLC on top of that. So, whether all of that counts as DLC or not is debatable)

• Like 1

On 03/08/2017 at 10:58 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

For those who missed the first wave of preorders, the special edition is back up over on Nintendo UK store.

Here

I've been so busy that I've missed it.. though I'm likely to just preorder the game itself as cheaply as possible!

Regarding Metroid, I see the trilogy on Wii U has a My Nintendo discount available, something which I'm finding very tempting as I want to play the original again :smile:

I'd prefer a Switch version but I feel like I'm putting off replaying so many games right now in the hope we'll see a remake or an eventual Switch Virtual Console version..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Is it also coming to Europe?

Looks to be. In their Gamescom announcement Nintendo UK mention how the system will be released alongside the game on 15th September.

• Like 1

Reaction to this seems very very positive from the various previews.

That's an amazing 3DS, and I don't have a NEW XL (wanted those face plates...) If Nintendo allowed your account to be on multiple devices I wouldn't even think about buying this!! Nintendo are mental in this regard!

4 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

RIP @Ike's wallet. 

Hah! I actually don't really like the design, so I'll pass on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Hah! I actually don't really like the design, so I'll pass on this one.

AHH I love this design! Won't pick it up though. 

I've put a pre-order down on that New Nintendo 3DS XL.  I really don't need yet another one but I love Metroid.

I just pre-ordered. Every sale of this game is important. More so than other games, that is.

Edited by FalcoLombardi

New trailer, a little bit spoilery on upgrades mind.

Love it when the main theme kicks in when the logo is shown at the end.

Fairly interested in this. As much as I enjoyed the prime games, I think I prefer the 2-d metroid games.

Sorry if this is a daft question but will this be on the eshop on release day for the same price as the physical copy on the nintendo store?

It's usually the same price.

BTW, does anyone want to buy the special edition for RRP plus postage?

51 minutes ago, Cube said:

It's usually the same price.

BTW, does anyone want to buy the special edition for RRP plus postage?

I might, yes :smile:

Can I get back to you after 4pm when work finishes today when I have more time?

Just now, nekunando said:

I might, yes :smile:

Can I get back to you after 4pm when work finishes today when I have more time?

Sure, that would be fine. 

5 hours ago, Cube said:

Sure, that would be fine. 

Sorry to keep you waiting!

I had a look at the contents of the Limited Edition when I got home there and figured that while I may like the contents, I can't really justify spending the extra £30 or so just to have it, especially when I already have it ordered with a t-shirt for £34.99.. even if the t-shirt is probably too big :blank:

Thanks for the offer, though. Hopefully someone else will jump at the chance :hehe: