NEurope
Helmsly

Metroid Samus Returns for 3DS (2D Metroid game)

Awesome. I have a 3 hour plane journey the day this comes out so I know how I'll be whiling the hours away :p

Wow, fantastic reviews.

I love how this game was announced at E3 and out three months later. Same with Mario + Rabbids.

Good scores. I'm more happy for Mercury Steam than anything else. I feel they were harshly done by when they released Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on the 3DS.

N-Europe Review

content-2-35235-metroidsamusreturnssidebox.jpg

The N-E review written by yours truly is now up! I really enjoyed it, and am happy to answer any questions you may have!
Thanks to @S.C.G for uploading it as I'm busy with work today!

• Thanks 5

54 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Good scores. I'm more happy for Mercury Steam than anything else. I feel they were harshly done by when they released Castlevania: Mirror of Fate on the 3DS.

I loved the game!

I wonder if they'll port this to Switch in a couple of years, I may hold off on getting it for 3DS for that very reason.

I have to admit, it's reviewing better than I expected.

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I suspect they had some help/supervision from Nintendo with this.

Regular edition with T-Shirt dispatched from Nintendo Store UK. :)

Limited Edition from GAME still awaiting dispatch though. :hmm:

It looks like I should be playing it tomorrow either way though hopefully, just that Nintendo seems slow on the dispatch with this title for some reason.

Usually games from them arrive the day before release but anyway, launch day it is! :D

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

It looks like I should be playing it tomorrow either way though hopefully, just that Nintendo seems slow on the dispatch with this title for some reason.

They shipped my Limited Edition yesterday, but it didn't arrive today unfortunately.

• Like 1

I ordered the Limited Edition and the Amiibo at different times from Nintendo so they count as two separate orders. I received a dispatch email for both, about half an hour apart yesterday but only the Amiibo has tracking info, the one for the game itself has none. Is it possible that they could have seen sense and sent both out in the same box or have they just forgotten to include tracking info for the limited edition? Anyone had anything like this crop up with orders from the UK store?

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

I ordered the Limited Edition and the Amiibo at different times from Nintendo so they count as two separate orders. I received a dispatch email for both, about half an hour apart yesterday but only the Amiibo has tracking info, the one for the game itself has none. Is it possible that they could have seen sense and sent both out in the same box or have they just forgotten to include tracking info for the limited edition? Anyone had anything like this crop up with orders from the UK store?

They quite often group them together when they can but it depends, usually if you've ordered them seperately then they will come seperately but they might choose to bundle them.

Either way, I would look out for two small to medium sized boxes which will likely arrive by the same courier. :)

I hope they all arrive safe and sound. :peace:

The amiibo were sold out by the time I got round to ordering so I had to go with Amazon Germany in the end, no shipping info from them but I'm hopeful they will turn up in a few days.

• Like 1

@Dcubed and I have been having a lot of fun using the Samus Returns 3DS Theme and opening the 3DS while we're on an incredibly inappropriate game/app.

Having the over-the-top start game jingle play while this appears on the top screen is very funny.

DJvu6XuVwAACWWH.jpg:large

New Style Boutique was a funny one as well. Yes, we're very easily amused.

• Thanks 1

My copy of the game turned up in the form of the Legacy Edition this morning. :)

So I decided to take a few pictures while I was unboxing it all... :D

Metroid: Samus Returns

Legacy Edition

content-2-35241-metroidsamusreturnslegacyeditionsidebox.jpg

:peace:

Enjoy! I'm off to finally play the game. :grin:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 3

I did have a delivery earlier but I missed it so will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it's just the amiibo or if the game would have arrived today too. Still got a couple of chapters of The Evil Within to get through so wouldn't have been able to play it today anyway so i'm not too bothered about missing it.

Mine arrived around 11am this morning from Base.com.. but life just gets in the way. I haven't even been able to open it yet :blank:

Wow, this is a good game.  This is the sort of game you know is going to be great just from the beginning.  I appreciated not having to watch too many story scenes; just the traditional Metroid intro with that spine-tingling music.  I'd have preferred 2D graphics but that doesn't mean the polygon graphics are bad, they're just not my personal preference.  They are, however, the best the 3DS can do and I must admit they help with the atmosphere.  Darn, it's spooky.

I'm not far in and already it's thrown so many endorphin-boosting moments at me - not necessarily "thrills", but just the way you learn how it's played and even get a few upgrades.  Why can't all games be like this?

Metroid: Samus Returns is indeed pure gaming gold confirmed thanks to this one simple test...

I just looked to my left to find a stone cold cup of tea, completely untouched after looking up from my New 3DS XL after an hour or so. :blush:

On the upside though, I'm really enjoying it and I hope that it arrives soon for everyone. :)

If it had not been for my Legacy Edition which arrived from GAME of all places - never thought I'd be thanking GAME for delivering on release day! - then I'd be in the same position. ::shrug:

Maybe there were just so many orders for it? Even so though... they usually manage to get all games out for either the day before or launch day.

*goes off to make another cup of tea* (hopefully I'll get to drink this one) :p

• Haha 1

Any word on if this game runs better on the 'New' 3DS models? I'm still rocking the original 3DS so I might upgrade before buying this

Received my Legacy Edition from the Nintendo Store today.  Unfortunately I haven't had chance to play it but I have spun the audio CD.  I love the music of Metroid so much.

I'm not usually one for liking covers of video game music but I highly rate this:  Metroid Metal.