NEurope
Helmsly

Metroid Samus Returns for 3DS (2D Metroid game)

Just revealed on the Nintendo Treehouse stream

Edited by Helmsly

Should've been on Switch...

Edit: Should've been on Switch, as well.

Cool. It's a remake of the GameBoy game.

3DS stays winning. Nintendo shouldn't have bothered releasing the Switch. :D

I'm sure the majority of posts in here will be about how this should be on Switch. While I would like it there too, this will absolutely breath life back into my New 3DS.. along with Hey! Pikmin :hehe:

Argh on one hand I want to continue watching the Treehouse stream but on the other I don't want to see too much of the game!

Why is this exclusively on the 3DS?

Seriously, cancel the Kirby game, then have them port this for the Switch. And announce that Nintendo have officially filled their quota of 2D and minigame compilations for this gen... or at least the rest of the decade.

Seriously, cancel the Kirby game, then have them port this for the Switch. And announce that Nintendo have officially filled their quota of 2D and minigame compilations for this gen... or at least the rest of the decade.

Because they didn't know the Switch would succeed so had to shore up the 3DS to keep it going in case the Switch bombed.

It's simple.

I agree wholeheartedly!

Eurogamer are reporting that it's a remake of Metroid II. (I missed the start of the stream).

Wait ages for one and two show up at once.

Wish it was sprite based but I'll take it.

I don't know what the problem is with it being on 3DS.

Seriously: with close to 70 million units sold, why wouldn't you release a new entry in a beloved franchise? Not everyone is a hardcore Nintendo fan, and nowhere near all 3DS users are. This would be an excellent time to capitalise on an established franchise on an established console to promote a franchise giving a sequel to a game that came out a decade ago.

Not everyone has nostalgia for Metroid, and I'm all for more people getting into the franchise with a great new entry.

Because they didn't know the Switch would succeed so had to shore up the 3DS to keep it going in case the Switch bombed.

It's simple.

They should've made it for both. Or scrapped the Kirby game and remade Super Metroid for the Switch and make this for the 3DS.

In genereal, I think it's a crying shame Nintendo don't seem to want to port more of their 3DS games for the Switch.

Would LOVE to buy HD versions of the N64 ports. :love:

Just imagine a single pack containing OoT, MM and SF64 with the enhanced 3DS graphics, in HD and with a few tasty shaders thrown on for good measure :laughing:

They should've made it for both. Or scrapped the Kirby game and remade Super Metroid for the Switch and make this for the 3DS.

In genereal, I think it's a crying shame Nintendo don't seem to want to port more of their 3DS games for the Switch.

Would LOVE to buy HD versions of the N64 ports. :love:

Just imagine a single pack containing OoT, MM and SF64 with the enhanced 3DS graphics, in HD and with a few tasty shaders thrown on for good measure :laughing:

The Kirby game is by a completely different developer. Its existence is irrelevant to it. Just because you don't like Kirby doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Incidentally, Kirby games typically outsell Metroid games, so if anything this should be cancelled for another Kirby game.

The Treehouse stream is showing too much for me now.

They always do. I either don't watch them or just have it on in the background.

I need that Metroid amiibo.

EDIT: And that special edition.

They always do. I either don't watch them or just have it on in the background.

I need that Metroid amiibo.

EDIT: And that special edition.

Oh no I missed both of those by not watching the stream!

Oh no I missed both of those by not watching the stream!

The Metroid amiibo can be squished

DCOAcmFVoAAKvYb.jpg

Cool. It's a remake of the GameBoy game.

3DS stays winning. Nintendo shouldn't have bothered releasing the Switch. :D

That explains the slightly confusing name.

It's being made by MercuryStream who did Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

And that explains why it looked so similar.

God damn I went out after the direct! Well I'd have preferred a switch release as well, but I'll take it!