Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Recommended Posts

After I’ve caught all Legendary birds I guess I’m done with the story part of the DLC. Looking forward to dip into Dynamax Adventures with you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next 3 Pikachus in a hat:

P1KABESTW1SH

KAL0SP1KA

ULTRAP1KA

1 more to go.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Legendaries found in Dynamax Adventures really 100% Capture Rate if you defeat them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sckewi said:

Are Legendaries found in Dynamax Adventures really 100% Capture Rate if you defeat them?

@Serebii implies that it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caved. Got @Dcubed to borrow me some money.

Dynamax Adventures is fun, but geez, random people are such dumbos!

But yeah, anyone want to help me not play with dumbos, give me a shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who uses String Shot?

WHO USES STRING SHOT TWICE!?

I'm floored, the sheer stupidity from this person was staggering!

My Falinks fainted because of that bozo!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Pikachu with Old Hat code is up.

K1NP1KA1855

Unlike the other ones, this one has a Light Ball. So free easy Light Ball for you Pika nuts out there.

Anyway, I'm up for Dynamax Adventures until 6pm-ish, if anyone wants to get some N-E Adventures going.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm up for Dynamax Adventures until 6pm-ish, if anyone wants to get some N-E Adventures going.

I do but I'm busy until 6pm and I've not even started the DLC. :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ike said:

I do but I'm busy until 6pm and I've not even started the DLC. :cry:

Ah, that sucks. I can also do 9:30-ish tonight after the Animal Crossing party.

(Getting to Dynamax Adventures literally takes 15 to 20 minutes once you arrive in The Crown Tundra. A mandatory trainer battle, running in the Wild Area a tad before the game screams "Hey, go here!" and forces you in a cave where you do an adventure with some CPU's and then you can go online)

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Ah, that sucks. I can also do 9:30-ish tonight after the Animal Crossing party.

Yeah, I can do that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right, one thing I forgot to mention.

Pokémon have a much higher chance of being shiny in Dynamax Adventure. (1 in 100 if you have the Shiny Charm) This even applies to every legendary Pokémon. It only shows up at the end results screen, so have a look at every Pokémon whenever you finish one.

There's an unfortunate catch to this though. Each Legendary can only be caught once.

So for example, if you catch a Suicune and then decide to keep it, you can never catch another Suicune through Adventures, even if you fight another one.

Simply put, this is a golden opportunity to get some Shiny Legendaries (Like the Sun/Moon legendaries and Ultra Beasts, which couldn't be shiny until now), but if you decide to go for it, you'll have to hold off on keeping any legendaries until you luck out.

It's what I'm doing because I already have every legendary Pokémon on my 3DS.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, one thing I forgot to mention.

Pokémon have a much higher chance of being shiny in Dynamax Adventure. (1 in 100 if you have the Shiny Charm) This even applies to every legendary Pokémon. It only shows up at the end results screen, so have a look at every Pokémon whenever you finish one.

There's an unfortunate catch to this though. Each Legendary can only be caught once.

So for example, if you catch a Suicune and then decide to keep it, you can never catch another Suicune through Adventures, even if you fight another one.

Simply put, this is a golden opportunity to get some Shiny Legendaries (Like the Sun/Moon legendaries and Ultra Beasts, which couldn't be shiny until now), but if you decide to go for it, you'll have to hold off on keeping any legendaries until you luck out.

It's what I'm doing because I already have every legendary Pokémon on my 3DS.

Doing the tutorial now, I’m assuming the legendary is Suicune, so if I choose not keep it, I can encounter it again to keep and keep retrying to get a shiny one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ike said:

Doing the tutorial now, I’m assuming the legendary is Suicune, so if I choose not keep it, I can encounter it again to keep and keep retrying to get a shiny one?

Yep. Exactly.

Anyway, just finished up in AC. Gonna boot up Pokémon. We'll both have to enter the same code at around the same time, so I'll post the Link code when you're ready.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yep. Exactly.

Anyway, just finished up in AC. Gonna boot up Pokémon. We'll both have to enter the same code at around the same time, so I'll post the Link code when you're ready.

I’m ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ike said:

I’m ready.

Right the code is 5656 3232.

You might have to pick 'Anything is fine' to join me.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ike said:

We're gonna get wrecked by this Palkia.

Yeah, not the best team for this. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

Same code again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I should've kept that Tauros... I regret everything...

It sucks they don’t show what you will get.

i should have taken the Marshtomp...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ike said:

It sucks they don’t show what you will get.

But that's half the fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ike said:

That Indeedee stole the glory.

It was her evil plan all along. So selfish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that is some horrendous luck!

EDIT: Yeah, I don't fancy our chances much.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Wow, that is some horrendous luck!

I seem to have none tonight.

I took Dragonair because it had blizzard and of course it's Articuno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites