NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

20 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

@Glen-i Don't want mine then I take it? I forgot I actually traded it in another suprise trade, but I actually got a 3rd one back. Personally I don't find him all that great though.. He only starts evolving at level 50, is pretty weak until then, and I feel he's still weak eventhough he almost caught up with the rest of my team. Maybe it's the stats I don't know about, maybe it just happens to be the part of the game I'm in. Lots of ice types before the 7th Gym leader, and he had a ghost Pokémon that totally demolished my Evolved Dreepy.

I also got multiple Sobbles.. I think i got 3, and traded back 2 of them. I have one spare if anyone wants it. Also got a Grookey, so all I need is the bunny. I have no idea what the stats are though.

I'm on my way to the last gym now. I'm deciding if I should try my luck with whatever I have now, or try to find and train something I like and has a type advantage in the last gym. I have no ice or fairy type Pokémon (or moves) currently. Only Dreepy, but he's probably not going to work.

I wouldn't be too worried about hitting Dragon type weakness on the gym leader

25 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

@Glen-i Don't want mine then I take it?

Nah, it's cool, thanks anyway.

Dreepy's evolution has insane Speed and really good Attack, it's an amazing glass cannon. It'll struggle against Fairy types, but that's what U-Turn is for. I also like the design, which is always important.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got a stupid amount of Sobble Pokemon in my box if anyone wants one. Each of them have 5 perfect IVs.

I might as well take one of those as well. Cheers!

I'm still focusing on completing the Pokédex, so it'll be helpful to get a boost start on my competitive teams.

Edited by Glen-i

No problem.

Did the maintenance update the servers/stamps? When I attempt to join ones that have finished I'm now getting a message saying that the raid is over and my stamps will be refreshed. It doesnt actually refresh my stamps ( :p ) but I don't recall seeing that message all this week.

57 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, it's cool, thanks anyway.

Dreepy's evolution has insane Speed and really good Attack, it's an amazing glass cannon. It'll struggle against Fairy types, but that's what U-Turn is for. I also like the design, which is always important.

Ha, I do kind of like the look of the evolution with the little Dreepy on top of his head (he has more in Dynamax form).

I guess that's also a bit of a downside to the raid battles, "spoilers". I don't mind them too much, but I did already see the ehh what's his name. Sword dog.

Update on the sales figures: turns out it was 6 million units sold in the first three days (Friday 15th - Sunday 17th).

• Like 1

Insane numbers.

Stupid question but can you automatically reorganize your box of Pokemon? With me breeding them, my box is in a right state and I'm hoping there's a quick way to sort them out.

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Insane numbers.

Stupid question but can you automatically reorganize your box of Pokemon? With me breeding them, my box is in a right state and I'm hoping there's a quick way to sort them out.

Yeahhhh. Nope.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeahhhh. Nope.

Well that sucks. I've got 14 pages of chaos to sort out. :( 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well that sucks. I've got 14 pages of chaos to sort out. :( 

If you're still online, I can hop on to do those trades now before I get some sleep.

35 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you're still online, I can hop on to do those trades now before I get some sleep.

Sorry, just seen this now. Doesn't matter anyway as the severs are busted again. The online portion of the game has been a right mess today.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sorry, just seen this now. Doesn't matter anyway as the severs are busted again. The online portion of the game has been a right mess today.

Well, we'll try again tomorrow then.

15 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, we'll try again tomorrow then.

Oh, you're still up. We can try it if you want. The severs seem stable...for now.

I wish the mints were obtainable at the start of the game. I just reset SEVENTY times on my Shield save for an Adamant Scorbunny lol. Needed to start my Shield save so that I could claim my Meowth on there lol. Anyway, the process is complete now. Phew!

Edited by Sckewi

So I'm in Wyndon now. I also ended up being massively overlevelled due to my OCD of wanting to get the best movesets possible and also have everyone be exactly the same level as each other. Whoops...

So, um, just exactly when do you catch Zacian and Zamazenta? I thought it was going to be after the 7th gym and that didn't happen, then I thought it was going to happen after the 8th gym but no, that didn't happen either. It seems every time something big seems like it's going to happen, you're told "let Leon deal with it and focus on your own gym challenge" or something along those lines. It has got to the point where I got through the semi finals of the league and only now does it seem like the story's about to kick into high gear. Eh? After effectively two of this game's Elite Four? OK, odd time to include something like that.

Also, the chairman and his Macro Cosmos organization are the real villains. What a surprise... not really.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I just found and caught one of those new, rare shiny Pokemon that are in this game. :yay:

Shiny (Hide contents)

Did you catch that shiny in the wild? Because if so, it's not as rare as you might think. From @Serebii's site.

With breeding Pokémon, static encounters and Max Raid Battles, when you encounter a Shiny Pokémon it will have a 15/16 chance of being a Pokémon with the Stars sparkle and a 1/16 chance of having the Squares sparkle. However, due to a programming quirk, at time of writing when you encounter a shiny Pokémon as a standard wild encounter, this is essentially inverted with a 4095/4096 chance of the Pokémon having the Squares sparkle and a 0.9375/4096 chance of it having the stars one when encountering a Shiny Pokémon.

That would explain how @Emerald Emblem discovered one as well.

Still, it is a shiny and still pretty damn rare, so congratulations!

Anyway, I'm gonna nab those spirits from Smash Bros and then carry on with filling my Pokédex.

Yeah, I caught it in the wild. I was very surprised to come across it. I wasn't even paying attention and it was the sound that gave it away.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I caught it in the wild. I was very surprised to come across it. I wasn't even paying attention and it was the sound that gave it away.

Seems the servers are up at the moment, you free to do that trade?

Gamefreak got their logic wrong? I am shocked. Shocked!

Probably should shiny hunt before they patch it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Seems the servers are up at the moment, you free to do that trade?

Yup. 

Good and fair review, Glen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Seriously, @Hero-of-Time why have I found myself in this group who are all using the same Pokémon!?

Haha! I knew that would annoy you. It's too OP not to use. :p There's a nice variety in my current raid though.