NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I've got the fire starter on lvl 72, then Lance on 70, Paroxic on 66, Major Tom and Eternatus on 64, and Hank on lvl 62. I would doubt there's anything in that range in the boxes.

Wait, your Pokémon aren't level 100?

Then the AI is gonna be even lower then 60! You're really fighting a hopeless battle there.

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Wait, your Pokémon aren't level 100?

Then the AI is gonna be even lower then 60! You're really fighting a hopeless battle there.

No. Didn't seem necessary. ::shrug: Thought I was overlevelled as it is, tbh. Think the only part that was a close call for me was the fairy gym.

I gave the Venusaur a couple more goes yesterday and had it down to a sliver once. If any of the others had got an attack in it would have been done! But no, one of them had to faint again and let the storm bring it to an end. It was being dealt an AI Weavile that made the difference as it was able to do some super effective hits against the force field. 

2022internationalchallengemarch.jpg

Registration for the next competition is now live.

This time, entering and completing 3 battles will get you a Chocobo Shiny Galarian Zapdos.

The format is current VGC rules. Double Battles, 2 normally banned legendaries (Mewtwo, etc.) allowed on each team.

Registration closes on the 11th of March, with battles taking place that weekend. Register now, don't leave it until the last minute.

Today is the last day to register for this month's legendary bird tournament.

The actual battling begins tomorrow.

No, it's not Moltres time, don't get too excited.

But also, GET EXCITED!

worlds2022.jpg

It's 3 years late, but Pokémon World Championships is finally getting the London event we were promised back when Sword/Shield was released.

It'll happen at the ExCeL London, from August 18th to the 21st. The games featured will be Sword/Shield, the real life Trading Card Game, GO, Unite, and Pokkén Tournament DX.

There'll also be a temporary Pokémon Center Store opening there from the 17th of August to the 21st.

26 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

No, it's not Moltres time, don't get too excited.

But also, GET EXCITED!

worlds2022.jpg

It's 3 years late, but Pokémon World Championships is finally getting the London event we were promised back when Sword/Shield was released.

It'll happen at the ExCeL London, from August 18th to the 21st. The games featured will be Sword/Shield, the real life Trading Card Game, GO, Unite, and Pokkén Tournament DX.

There'll also be a temporary Pokémon Center Store opening there from the 17th of August to the 21st.

I can't believe that it's actually finally happening! Honestly thought that they had forgotten all about it!

This probably should be its own thread though.  There will no doubt be some who will want to go and will never read this thread; would be a great opportunity for an NE Meetup! :D

• Thanks 1

2022internationalchallengeapril.jpg

Registration for the next online competition is live. Anyone who enters and completes 3 battles, win or lose, will get a Shiny Galarian Moltres.

The format, once again, is current VGC rules. Doubles format with up to 2 normally restricted Pokémon allowed.

Registration closes on the 15th of April, the actual battles start then.

Two days until the registration for the Moltres Online Competition ends, so if you haven't done so yet...

You can collect the Moltres now if you did your 3 battles.

I wanted to nickname the Zapdos, thinking that the whole "You can nickname Pokémon if the OT didn't do so" thing applied, but I guess that's not applicable here.

I wanted to make an obvious Chocobo reference...

Think I prefer normal Galarian Moltres, but the Shiny is good too.

11 hours ago, Ike said:

Think I prefer normal Galarian Moltres, but the Shiny is good too.

Agree with you on that, something about it's design just doesn't look quite as appealing with the Kantonian colour scheme as the other two.

Remember last year, where we got a Mystery Gift of a competitive Porygon2 that the current world champion used?

Well, they're doing it again. This time with a Dracovish some bloke called Marco used. He's kinda decent at Pokémon, I suppose.

You still have to apply the EV's yourself.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. The EV's are already applied. It's literally a free competitive Pokémon, no need to tweak it. (Although I prefer it to have Psychic Fangs instead of Dragon Rush)

Edited by Glen-i

Have you ever been working on something, only to realise midway through, that you are utterly boned in regards to completing it?

So yeah, anyone here with Sword/Shield that got the single Type:Null in the game, and hasn't evolved it yet?

EDIT: Yep, @Ugh first aid's laziness has saved me! She just got me to do a tradeback with my Silvally back when we were completing the Pokedex, so I just used hers!

Back on track!

Edited by Glen-i

We have a couple more competitive ready Mystery Gift Pokémon giveaways.

First is a Grimmsnarl used by last year's Korean Champion. The code for that is K0REACHAMP10N21 

The second one is a Sableye from Japan's Champion. That code is 21JAPANCHAMP10N

Act quickly though, these stop being available at 4pm (UK time) today.

• Thanks 1

Would've been nice to be able to catch the Urshifu style you didn't choose...

For most people, anyway. I already have both. Don't have a separate Kubfu though...

The items are pretty sweet! Guaranteed Choice Bands, Armorite/Dynite Ore, and a very easy way to get Max Mushrooms, so if you were too lazy to get some Gigantamax forms, now's a great chance!

• Thanks 1

Another competitive Pokémon giveaway. This time it's a shiny Clefairy used by the Asian Champion. Be quick though, it's only available until Monday.

The code is APC2021CHAMP

Edited by Glen-i

On 17/06/2022 at 10:27 AM, Glen-i said:

Would've been nice to be able to catch the Urshifu style you didn't choose...

For most people, anyway. I already have both. Don't have a separate Kubfu though...

The items are pretty sweet! Guaranteed Choice Bands, Armorite/Dynite Ore, and a very easy way to get Max Mushrooms, so if you were too lazy to get some Gigantamax forms, now's a great chance!

I haven’t claimed Kubfu yet so once I do you can borrow it to register in Home.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

I haven’t claimed Kubfu yet so once I do you can borrow it to register in Home.

Oh really? That would be great! Thanks a million!

On 18/06/2022 at 4:19 PM, Glen-i said:

Oh really? That would be great! Thanks a million!

I have the Kubfu now so whenever you're available we can do the trade back.

27 minutes ago, Ike said:

I have the Kubfu now so whenever you're available we can do the trade back.

Thanks, but I won't be able to go online until Wednesday now.

Hope you don't mind waiting.

Alright, @Ike. I'm available for the next 4 days. So let me know when you're free to lend me the Kubfu.

Edited by Glen-i

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Alright, @Ike. I'm available for the next 4 days. So let me know when you're free to lend me the Kubfu.

I’m free now until 10, and probably around the same tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Ike said:

I’m free now until 10, and probably around the same tomorrow.

Oh no! I was playing Turtles!

If you're not free now, then 9pm tomorrow would be best.

@Ike, I'm ready to borrow your Kubfu now.

The link code is 1534 4444

EDIT: OK, gimme 5 minutes, tops, and I'll come back to trade back. Same code.

Edited by Glen-i