NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Oh I thought I'd missed that! Thanks for the reminder.

I shall claim that tomorrow. Man there's been a lot of event Pikachus in SwSh. I have almost half a box full of them now lol.

The recent Pokemon presentation got me in the mood to fire the game back up again. I ran out of things to do in the main game and so decided to finally pick up the DLC. Shopto were selling it for £20 which is a much better price than what it goes for on the eShop.

I started playing it this morning and would like to tell you how much I'm enjoying the story content but in all honesty I just went straight to the Dynamax Adventure area and have been playing that most of the morning. Apart from having a guy on my team who took AGES to pick his moves, my experience so far has been positive. Everyone I've played with seems to have picked their Pokemon in relation to what types are needed and that's meant lots of successful raids. I've still not found a shiny yet though, despite the rates apparently being much better. :( 

I quite like how passive the whole thing is. It means I can either watch something on TV or play something else while this is all happening in the background.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The recent Pokemon presentation got me in the mood to fire the game back up again. I ran out of things to do in the main game and so decided to finally pick up the DLC. Shopto were selling it for £20 which is a much better price than what it goes for on the eShop.

I started playing it this morning and would like to tell you how much I'm enjoying the story content but in all honesty I just went straight to the Dynamax Adventure area and have been playing that most of the morning. Apart from having a guy on my team who took AGES to pick his moves, my experience so far has been positive. Everyone I've played with seems to have picked their Pokemon in relation to what types are needed and that's meant lots of successful raids. I've still not found a shiny yet though, despite the rates apparently being much better. :( 

I quite like how passive the whole thing is. It means I can either watch something on TV or play something else while this is all happening in the background.

Dynamax Adventures is the best thing about the DLC, to be frank.

It's the kind of thing you'd see in the Battle Frontier, which makes it a lot of fun for me.

Six hours into this and I have to admit, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. 
Haven't even made it to the first gym battle yet. Just going around hunting out new pokeymans and trying to get used to the mechanics again. Have run through the wild area and first cave with three different teams now. The one thing I'm worried about is the game being far too easy, so I'm going to keep myself under-levelled and try out multiple combos of old and new 'mons. The game looks fine, feels old school in it's design and I am yet to decide whether that's good or bad. I can still feel the influence of the GB games, but that has been mostly warm and nostalgic so far. Looking at the map in SwSh, it looks pretty small and that has me worried in some aspects. However, coming out of the first cave and seeing the town / gym in the distance surrounded by yellow and green rolling hills is pretty sweet - definitely feels like a step up in that respect. The music is also really good, especially during the final battle at the cave exit. 

I booted up my 3DS today to start Oracle of Seasons and noticed I'd put 44 hours into Pokemon Y. I had no idea I'd played the game that long and have no memory of it to be honest, but I haven't beaten the game. Hopefully I'll manage it this time round. Overall positive so far.

Motostoke is the shittest name for a town in any video game I've ever played. WTH were they thinking? :laughing:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Motostoke is the shittest name for a town in any video game I've ever played. WTH were they thinking? :laughing:

I think they must've given naming responsibilities to the same person that names all the fruits.

Has anyone captured the giant Wailord at Workout Sea, saved the game, and then it respawn later on, on the same save?

Some say it never respawns, some say it has a small chance of respawning once a month/day/week.

Also, if it HAS respawned for you, did you ever alter the Switch's system time, since I'd imagine that might interfere with whether it was *supposed* to respawn or not.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm it respawning?

47 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Has anyone captured the giant Wailord at Workout Sea, saved the game, and then it respawn later on, on the same save?

Some say it never respawns, some say it has a small chance of respawning once a month/day/week.

Also, if it HAS respawned for you, did you ever alter the Switch's system time, since I'd imagine that might interfere with whether it was *supposed* to respawn or not.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm it respawning?

I mean, I just transferred my Wailord from the 3DS, so I dunno.

There are some people saying that it's respawned, but no concrete evidence.

There's nothing really special about this Wailord apart from the high level, so it's not really that big a deal if you knock it out. You can easily get a Wailmer and evolve it.

Have you tried beating Leon again? That tends to respawn any legendaries you failed to catch. It might work here too.

If you already caught it though, I wouldn't expect it to show again.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Aye I already caught it sadly. I probably should have phrased it better in my post. What I meant was that I was wondering if another one would spawn. I just thought it looked cool in the ocean and regret catching it. xD Anyways thanks for the info! I think you're right in that it's most likely similar to a Legendary in that only one exists per game and once it's gone it's gone. :(

While looking for potential Nintendo news, I found that there seems to be a one day event Pokemon Torkoal being given away...

It ends some time today, maybe already expired?

In case it isn't...

Be sure to follow the steps below to claim Torkoal:

1. Launch Pokemon Sword/Shield
2. Select Mystery Gift on the X menu
3. Select Get a Mystery Gift
4. Select Get with Code/Password to connect to the internet
5. Enter your password (PJCS2020CHAMP)
6. Watch as the gift arrives in your game
7. Be sure to save your game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There seems to be another one day event Pokémon Porygon-Z being given away...

It ends some time tomorrow, apparently?

Be sure to follow the steps below to claim Porygon-Z:

1. Launch Pokemon Sword/Shield
2. Select Mystery Gift on the X menu
3. Select Get a Mystery Gift
4. Select Get with Code/Password to connect to the internet
5. Enter your password (1STPTCCHAMP)
6. Watch as the gift arrives in your game
7. Be sure to save your game

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

There seems to be another one day event Pokémon Porygon-Z being given away...

Thanks, needed a Porygon-Z, no idea where my good one is.

20 hours ago, Ike said:

Thanks, needed a Porygon-Z, no idea where my good one is.

Maybe its pory-gone. 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Good news! The Dada Zarude and Shiny Celebi Event distribution to tie in with the latest movie will be available soon!

Bad news! They're doing it via Pokémon Club newsletters again...

I'm sure some of you remember that some people had big issues trying to get Zarude last time, so if you want this, I'd double check if you are receiving them. You need to be in before the 25th of September.

Details here

• Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Ike said:

I am signed up (apparently), I've never got an email from them.

In the profile settings on the Pokémon Club site, there should be a check box where you can opt-in to their marketing e-mails. Don't forget to click save at the bottom.

Can't guarantee that will work, mind. I've always allowed those e-mails and I seem to have stopped receiving them in the past few months.

That said, the announcement for this just happened today, so I'd wait a week before getting concerned.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

In the profile settings on the Pokémon Club site, there should be a check box where you can opt-in to their marketing e-mails. Don't forget to click save at the bottom.

Can't guarantee that will work, mind. I've always allowed those e-mails and I seem to have stopped receiving them in the past few months.

That said, the announcement for this just happened today, so I'd wait a week before getting concerned.

I mean in general. It was/is ticked. I've changed my email address or I might just create another account to be sure.

I never get an email from them either, despite adding their email address to my whitelist, and the box being ticked. :(

Think I will also make a new account just for the code, and try a different email provider for that.

Emailed Pokemon support telling the issue since I'm lazy and don't really want to make a new account. Told them the problem and tried to pre-empt the canned response by supplying a screenshot of the checkbox and explaining it was already ticked/never had a single email and they still sent me a canned response. To be fair they responded pretty quick, but my issue has been "escalated" to the deleted folder.

I just don't see what's wrong with the standard method of giving out a Mystery Gift code.

After the utter shambles of last time, you'd think they wouldn't try that newsletter again...

Hopefully, other websites from different countries will pull through.

Edited by Glen-i

Have the Zarude codes been released now? Customer services said to reply to the support ticket if I didn't get the codes.

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Have the Zarude codes been released now? Customer services said to reply to the support ticket if I didn't get the codes.

Yeah I received an email with the codes yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

Nope, not on my end.

What's this support ticket you're referring to? Might have to do some whining.

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, not on my end.

What's this support ticket you're referring to? Might have to do some whining.

The support ticket about me not getting the emails. They said it got escalated to a different team, but to reply to the ticket if I don't get any promotional codes.

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

The support ticket about me not getting the emails. They said it got escalated to a different team, but to reply to the ticket if I don't get any promotional codes.

Ah, so I'd need to go to customer services on the Pokémon site first, then?

Man, I really wish they would ditch this rubbish newsletter method of distribution and just stick with Mystery Gift. That works perfectly fine, and Sword/Shield knows if you've got Trainer club account anyway.

Edited by Glen-i