NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

So I've started doing some raids online because I actually ran out of Dynamax Candy, and I need to ask something.

What's with this weird trend of people nicknaming their Pokémon website addresses?

Just looks very tacky. Saw nothing like this before the DLC dropped.

I've had a few from lucky trades which are named like that. They're clearly hacked shinys with perfect IVs. I guess it's convenient to use them instead of training up stuff and they can't be renamed?

• Thanks 1

This will compliment the blue Dinosaur Toy I got in Animal Crossing today beautifully!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Tyrunt and Tyrantrum have good shinies.

Yeah, it's such a rich blue. Definitely one of the best looking fossil Pokémon with that colour scheme.

Back when this game was new, I had made it my goal to find a group that is cool enough to go along with an all Toxtricity raid and I was so close just now!

It's really hard to do this ever since the influx of legendaries happened. Less and less people with style and flair just use lazy Legendary choices.

One day I'll pull it off...

Soooooo I started up my shiny wooloo hunt again...I had previously hunted for a few months using the masuda method. I did well over 2000 eggs with no luck...I then moved into Galarian zigzagoon... Again well over 2000 eggs with nothing. After a long break I decided to try for Wooloo once more. This time with wild encounters! Now that I have the mark charm and all. Day one  no luck... Then on Tuesday BAM!

After freaking out to @Glen-i I found new confidence...I decided to go a little crazy and I used a beast ball... Why? Because why not? 

After this I decided to move onto The Galarian zigzagoon. Again wild encounters... 5 encounters later and BAM poor @Glen-i  had to deal with me freaking out again

Then with this new found confidence I decided to give Dynamax adventures another go. I've haf no luck with this either... Then... Today... In the early hours of the morning...

<3 the rng God's are smiling upon me...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Space Pikachu to co-inside with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency livestream.

• Thanks 2

Worth noting that the Pikachu has Celebrate, a move that you can only get through events.

No-one's impressed by your Shiny Zeraora, Timmy! Everyone has one!

Maybe don't bring an Electric Pokémon to a Ground type raid! Then I'll be impressed.

• Sad 1

1 down...

y4m0sTuj5OpFZZ0jzIeCMLJ0gm3r2dSQE2nA5AKt

On 01/01/2021 at 3:28 PM, Glen-i said:

No-one's impressed by your Shiny Zeraora, Timmy! Everyone has one!

Maybe don't bring an Electric Pokémon to a Ground type raid! Then I'll be impressed.

I had teamed up with Bruce Wayne for one battle, who brought a fire type against Suicune. Batman would be ashamed.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, Ike said:

1 down...

y4m0sTuj5OpFZZ0jzIeCMLJ0gm3r2dSQE2nA5AKt

I had teamed up with Bruce Wayne for one battle, who brought a fire type against Suicune. Batman would be ashamed.

Congrats on the Suicune! I really should start getting on that, but I desperately need Dynamax Candy for all my competitive Pokémon I transferred.

Teammates: Let's take a Rhydon, Charmeleon and Jigglypuff into a Polka battle. What's the worst that can happen?

*Palkia used surf and ends the runs*.

Palkia runs aren't going so well because of it, although you don't really get that many Pokemon that are good matches for it which doesn't help, but people keep picking types that are weak against it.

13 hours ago, Ike said:

Teammates: Let's take a Rhydon, Charmeleon and Jigglypuff into a Polka battle. What's the worst that can happen?

*Palkia used surf and ends the runs*.

Palkia runs aren't going so well because of it, although you don't really get that many Pokemon that are good matches for it which doesn't help, but people keep picking types that are weak against it.

My guess would be they chose "Anything is fine" and the type on the map screen indicated it was Dragon type. It's happened to me a few times, there are so many Dragon legendaries that if that's the type on the map, you can't really plan around it.

Water/Dragon is an amazing defensive typing. If you can't grab a Fairy type that can take Surf's, you're in trouble. Water Absorb isn't even viable because it only protects one Pokémon. And then there's Spacial Rend and it's bonkers power and crit rate! Which means using Palkia's other weakness, Dragon, is really dangerous.

Failing that, if you find something with Light Screen, grab it and never let go.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

My guess would be they chose "Anything is fine" and the type on the map screen indicated it was Dragon type. It's happened to me a few times, there are so many Dragon legendaries that if that's the type on the map, you can't really plan around it.

I was wondering if it did that, but I wasn't sure. That would make sense.

I haven't encountered one that knows Spacial Rend, so far only Slash, Dragon Claw, Surf, Water Pulse and Ancient Power (and of course it got the stats boost). Still hits like a truck.

6 hours ago, Ike said:

I was wondering if it did that, but I wasn't sure. That would make sense.

I haven't encountered one that knows Spacial Rend, so far only Slash, Dragon Claw, Surf, Water Pulse and Ancient Power (and of course it got the stats boost). Still hits like a truck.

Huh, maybe they thought Spacial Rend would be a bit too mean? (Still preferable to Surf though, that's a consistent run killer)

Unfortunately, Palkia also has a good Attack stat as well. But seeing as it's not as good as it's Sp. Atk, perhaps focusing on resisting Surf might be for the better.

If I was able to get online, I'd offer to help out. Maybe get @Ugh first aid to jump in as well. Even with a CPU, having three people knowing there's a Palkia at the end would no doubt help.

2 hours ago, Sckewi said:

Are we supposed to have received our Zarude codes via email yet? 🐵

Probably, I received my code for Zarude just over a month ago, though I haven't redeemed it, and probably won't.

Would you like my Zarude code? Assuming it's still valid, of course.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both very much for that! But it's okay, I'll have another dig through my emails just in case but if I can't find it I'll just give it a miss, since it will just end up perma boxed anyway haha! xD

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Thank you both very much for that! But it's okay, I'll have another dig through my emails just in case but if I can't find it I'll just give it a miss, since it will just end up perma boxed anyway haha! xD

If it's from the UK Pokémon newsletter, I don't think they've gone out yet.

• Thanks 1

A Shiny Toxtricity event is currently running through a variety of outlets. No UK yet though. Just put in my details on the Dutch Game Mania website, it was the same method as with Zarude last time.

From serebii.net:

Today marks the start of the Shiny Toxtricity event running globally in conjunction with the release of the TCG set, Shining Fates. This Toxtricity is Level 50 and comes with a Throat Spray and the moves Overdrive, Sludge Wave, Boomburst and Rising Voltage. It runs until March 19th in the following locations:
US - At Gamestop using the Pokémon Pass app
Canada - At EB Games
Germany & Italy - At Gamestop's online website
France - On Micromania's online website
Belgium & Netherlands - On GameMania's online website
Codes from online websites may take a few days to be sent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1