NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

5 hours ago, Aperson said:

Another Level 100 team amassed. That's it, I'm done with Gen 8 for now >.>

Did you... Do that through battling alone?

Because oh dear if so, using the candy you get from Dynamax raids is far more efficient once a Pokémon is past Level 60.

Anyway, a free G-Max Melmetal for anyone who transfers from GO? Might have to pester @Dcubed's mum to let me take one of her no doubt infinite junk Pokémon so I can nab myself one.

Edited by Glen-i

I think some of the levels gained were from using candies so not entirely through battling. However it was also my intent to used the candies to help evolve Pokemon for my Pokedex and also help get my competitive team to Level 100 so that they can undergo Hyper Training.

Guess I'll have to boot up Pokemon GO as well, though not sure if I'll be able to transfer when I don't have Premium Account on Home.

Just a heads up, GAME still haven't made Zarude available via the website, their last tweet mentions nothing about it. This is what someone got told via email, but take with a grain of salt.

You can get one online by signing up for a newsletter via: https://www.gamestop.ie/pokemon for those are in tier 3 (or would just rather not go to a GAME store :heh:). Deadline is the 13th.

• Thanks 1

Or do what @Dcubed did and use a VPN to get a code from France.

Worked a treat, that did.

Edited by Glen-i

On 09/12/2020 at 7:14 AM, Glen-i said:

Or do what @Dcubed did and use a VPN to get a code from France.

Worked a treat, that did.

How long did it take for you to get the code, I've still got nothing? @Dcubed

3 hours ago, Ike said:

How long did it take for you to get the code, I've still got nothing? @Dcubed

Took me a couple of days.  Can supposedly take 2-3 days from what I hear.

With Calyrex caught, I've delved back into Dynamax Adventures.

First group has two people choose water Pokémon (One Water/Ground) and then the group decides it'd be a great idea to fight the Grass type first.

Idiots...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

With Calyrex caught, I've delved back into Dynamax Adventures.

First group has two people choose water Pokémon (One Water/Ground) and then the group decides it'd be a great idea to fight the Grass type first.

Idiots...

Given the popularity of the series, not to mention who it's really aimed at, you have to remember that a lot of players will be kids, probably mostly just happy to be playing Pokemon in any way they see fit.

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Given the popularity of the series, not to mention who it's really aimed at, you have to remember that a lot of players will be kids, probably mostly just happy to be playing Pokemon in any way they see fit.

I don't buy that.

I know a lot of kids and they are a lot smarter than you'd think. I'm not expecting some epic strategic plays, I usually have that covered, but I at least expect people to go with the Super Effective label when it's there. The amount of times I've seen non-sensical attacks chosen is maddening.

I'm paying attention to every moveset that people choose in these things. I know their options.

That said, I do enjoy it in a sort of masochistic way.

It's happened a lot with me. Particularly when they choose a type that x4 strong against my 'mon and I get OHKO'd.

That said, for all the headdesk moments Dynamax Adventures with randoms has, it's a fantastic feeling when you run into someone who employs some strategy.

I had a Sceptile with X-Scissor and was fighting a Psychic Type. Someone with a Mr. Mime noticed this, realised I was more useful for that fight and switched their strategy up to start using Helping Hand on me instead of doing chip damage with Psychic.

Expert shift there! Massive thumbs up!

Edited by Glen-i

I dunno why they can't just distribute the thing via the Mystery Gift option. It's ridiculous having to keep signing up for newsletters and visit random sites just to get a Pokemon. I think I signed up on 3 different sites and I still didn't get a code. 

I've just gone to...

h t t p s://club.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-trainer-club/edit-profile/

And ticked the "I would like to receive marketing communications" box.

Am I all set for a Zarude now or is there some different newleterry thing I need to tick? xD

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

This might be good news for @Ike (or other UK folk who still need a Zarude):

Thanks for the heads up, I signed up via other means and got nothing.

21 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

I've just gone to...

h t t p s://club.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-trainer-club/edit-profile/

And ticked the "I would like to receive marketing communications" box.

Am I all set for a Zarude now or is there some different newleterry thing I need to tick? xD

That's what I've done so I think so. Serebii's page links to that page so it should be correct.

• Thanks 1

Zarude code just came through from GameStop Ireland.

Edited by S.C.G

37 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Zarude code just came through from GameStop Ireland.

Yup. I got mine from them as well. They could have used a better font for the code. I dunno whether they were trying to be festive or just annoying. Maybe both? :p 

• Haha 1

Same, so I have a spare code if anyone needs one.

Got my first Dynamax Adventue Shiny, a Grovyle! Not Suicune, but I'll take it.

8 hours ago, Ike said:

Got my first Dynamax Adventue Shiny, a Grovyle! Not Suicune, but I'll take it.

Fun fact, Grovyle is one of very few Pokémon that have been depicted in three different colour schemes. And if you count slight differences, then it's four.

Peony wanted to see a Necrozma, so I tried to be clever and showed him the one I caught in Ultra Sun. Apparently, it's not good enough, because he only wants to see one caught in Galar.

You'd think when it comes to prismatic abominations from another dimension, he'd be less fussy about it...

Considering I'm aiming for a Shiny one through Dynamax Adventures, that might take a while.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Second shiny get! Hitmonchan. The shiny just makes it look like it’s ill.

• Haha 2

So I've started doing some raids online because I actually ran out of Dynamax Candy, and I need to ask something.

What's with this weird trend of people nicknaming their Pokémon website addresses?

Just looks very tacky. Saw nothing like this before the DLC dropped.

Edited by Glen-i