NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Ah, you can only keep note of 3 legends at a time.

Yeah, but don't worry, no matter how many times you encounter a legendary, you can always find it again randomly.

OK, that's all for me tonight. Thanks for the help, @Ike

Hopefully we can get a couple of other people for next week.

Edited by Glen-i

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, but don't worry, no matter how many times you encounter a legendary, you can always find it again randomly.

It was just useful to know, but I did hope you could just build a list of the legendaries.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, that's all for me tonight. Thanks for the help, @Ike

Hopefully we can get a couple of other people for next week.

No problem, thanks for the games. No shines so far.

42 minutes ago, markderoos said:

@Ike @Glen-i you’re both Sword right? If so, we should also find someone who owns Shield + DLC because some Legendaries are version exclusives

We should. That would be helpful for all of us.

I know! Let's ask @Glen-i! He has Shield!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh god, not @Glen-i again, he uses String shot in Dynamax battles far too often!!

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Huh? What's this? Yeah, I do have Shield. But I've only just started it and haven't encountered any Dynamax Adventure exclusives on my file yet, so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

But sure, I'll help when I do.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at the list on @Serebii's site. I already have a Lugia one saved. So that's neat.

41 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Oh god, not @Glen-i again, he uses String shot in Dynamax battles far too often!!

Slander! That wasn't me! That was that random dope I was playing with on Friday!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Just a reminder that time is nearly up for the Halloween max raid event and the increased chance of catching a shiny Gourgeist.

ElqvBm3UYAENKSI?format=jpg&name=large

I think it's up for another hour.

• Like 3

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Just a reminder that time is nearly up for the Halloween max raid event and the increased chance of catching a shiny Gourgeist.

ElqvBm3UYAENKSI?format=jpg&name=large

I think it's up for another hour.

You’re back!! :yay::bouncy:

Missed you, man. :hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone want to try and get a Kyurem in a raid who’s not a complete idiot ? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stuwii said:

Anyone want to try and get a Kyurem in a raid who’s not a complete idiot ? 

Can do some tonight.

Strangely so far, playing Sword, I haven't seen a single Shield Dyanamax Adventure exclusive, despite playing online, and I've caught 15 Legendaries in Dynamax Adventures. Not sure if the game prioritises the ones from your version or not. Or maybe you have to join someone with the other version via a Link Code or you just get paired up with your own version.

I also haven't seen a single duplicate Legendary yet, despite that apparently being possible. Perhaps you only start seeing duplicates once you've already caught them all?

Anyway, I think it's actually good fun using the rental Pokemon. Although the RNG can be really unlucky sometimes, it's a chance to use Pokemon you haven't yet used, gets you using different moves/strategies/etc.

EDIT!!!! Okay so the very next Legendary I encountered was Kyogre, which is a Shield Exclusive and I'm playing Sword. After the first three battles going very well with no fainting it proceeded to wipe out our entire team with its Surf attack in two moves lol xD. BUT, the good thing is the game let me note it down so I can get it again. This confirms it is both possible to encounter the other version's exclusives without a Link Code, and that if you fail to catch it, you can easily have another go.

SUPER EDIT!!!111 If you think you're up against Kyogre, try and catch a Pokemon with Wide Guard along the way, it's a life saver! :D

ULTRA EDIT!!!111Oneoneone I have now seen a duplicate Legendary. I guess the game doesn't wait until you've got them all to show you duplicates after all. Guess if the RNG gets too bad I'll have to use my Shield save to get all the Shield exclusive ones and transfer 'em through Home.

Edited by Sckewi

On 11/10/2020 at 12:26 PM, markderoos said:

No word on Zarude yet, right? Other than a code with your cinema ticket in Japan?

Here you go: https://zarude.pokemon.com/en-gb/

Add the Rogue Monkey Pokémon to your Pokémon Swordor Pokémon Shield game by picking up a code at a participating retailer website by 13 December. More information coming soon!

• Thanks 1

These are the retailers/sites that are dishing out codes.

UK: GAME stores (if they’re safe to open), GAME Online store soon
Ireland: Gamestop website
Germany: Gamestop stores, available online from 1st December
Austria, Switzerland: Gamestop stores
Italy: Gamestop
Belgium, Netherlands: GameMania, sign up on their website with codes sent out on Fridays
France: Micromania, sign up on their website
Portugal: FNAC stores
US: Sign up through the Pokémon Trainers Club newsletter, sign up before 20th November to receive it in December

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zarude GET!

now to get a dark form Urshifu, Glastrier and Regieleki to have a complete living dex again 💪🏻

Thanks @Ike and @Vileplume2000 for the heads up 👍🏻

Edited by markderoos

UK GAME website getting it soon?

Could someone give me a heads up when they do get it going? The internet where I am sucks and I don't want to wait for stuff to load unless I'm sure it's ready.

Yesterday, I spent around 2 hours in Ultra Sun, sorting out the Pokémon I'll transfer to Shield once December rolls around.

Normally, I'd just transfer everything and sort it out quickly afterwards, but noooooo. I have to do this because if I transfer everything this time, there'll be about 100 Pokémon stuck in Pokémon Home, unable to be used.

Anyway, as a keen battler, I've accrued quite the collection of battle-ready Pokémon that now can't battle because they're not allowed in Galar.

Spoiler

Some of my Pokémon that can transfer, but aren't viable any more because no more Mega Evolution, so what's the bloody point?

Pinsir, Heracross, Blastoise, Swampert, Kangaskhan, Lopunny, Audio, Manectric, Slowbro, Sableye, Abomasnow, Absol, Gardevoir, Mawile and Altaria.

Pokemon I properly trained that are stuck in crummy Alola.

Chesnaught, Simisage, Serperior, Carnivine, Ariados, Arbok, 2 Muks, Swalot, Seviper, Typhlosion, Infernape, Emboar, Samurott, Floatzel, Ursaring, Ambipom, Smeargle, Slaking, Zangoose, Kecleon (Bugger it all!), Yanmega, Toucannon, Eelektross, Gliscor, Breloom, Hypno, Cacturne, Granbull, Ampharos, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Houndoom, Medicham, Camerupt, Banette, Feraligatr and Grumpig.

Shiny Pokémon that'll go unseen by anyone now.

Carnivine, Granbull, Gulpin, Swalot, Medicham, Pidgeot, Croconaw, Feraligatr and the bloody Greninja that I spent over 3 painful months trying to get and train up properly!

Mythical Pokémon, AKA: Why did I demean myself by going to GAME for Pokémon I can't even use!?

Hoopa, Meloetta, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Deoxys, Arceus and Shaymin.

Yeah, Dex Cut kinda stings for me! Even more so, because I can remember where I got quite a lot of them. For example, I've had that Feraligatr ever since Soul Silver! That's 11 years ago! And now I can't continue that transfer streak and it's a tad upsetting. Waxing sentimental? Yeah, I probably am, but I've grown attached to that blue lug.

At least I can finally have a Krookodile again.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yesterday, I spent around 2 hours in Ultra Sun, sorting out the Pokémon I'll transfer to Shield once December rolls around.

I should do this as well. I never did catch the Ultra Beasts.

Still no shines from Dynamax Adventures, I swear my Shiny Charm is broken.

Transfers from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Home are live. Upon your first transfer you get a Melmetal capable of Gigantamaxing for Sword/Shield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Transfers from Pokémon Go to Pokémon Home are live. Upon your first transfer you get a Melmetal capable of Gigantamaxing for Sword/Shield.

Finally! Transferred my shiny Bulbasaur, and easy Melmetal!

• Haha 1