NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Pokemon Home is still dead for me. Deleted and reinstalled the app on Switch, it didn’t fix it.

14 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Pokemon Home is still dead for me. Deleted and reinstalled the app on Switch, it didn’t fix it.

Well, that's worrying.

Stupid question, but just covering the bases. Do you have a physical copy of Sword/Shield and if so, is it in your Switch right now?

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it's relevant, but do you have a Switch Online Account?

Anyone doing that Zeraora raid event? I've been trying to get into one, but can't find it anywhere, and any I try to join are immediately filled.

Is it an Isle of Armour only thing?

EDIT: Ah, complaining on the internet, always works!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Yeah I've been doing my bit. :D

I'm also training a Rhyperior right now to make it easier, as none of my Pokemon really are suited to the task, and in general I've been neglecting actually training some battle-ready Pokemon outside my team anyways.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:46 PM, Glen-i said:

Well, that's worrying.

Stupid question, but just covering the bases. Do you have a physical copy of Sword/Shield and if so, is it in your Switch right now?

Also, I'm not entirely sure if it's relevant, but do you have a Switch Online Account?

Digital for both Sword and Shield.  Both installed and fully up to date.  Pokemon Shield has the DLC.  Yep I have an active Switch Online subscription.

It's very strange and it seems like this 9101 error only started this week.  It's only just starting to pop up on the internet.

Been getting back into this recently, I’ve not got the DLC though, so it’s cool how you can still get hold of the new Pokémon via trades or by joining other players Max raids. I already managed to get hold of Foongus, which I was quite happy about. :D 

Saw something really strange the other day when checking out the Y-Comm, someone had done a raid where they had successfully caught an “egg”, and the silhouette was of the Poké ball symbol. ::shrug:

Anyway, I also finally sorted out my Pokémon storage boxes, which took absolutely ages! :shakehead Yeah, was a right mess, with my own Pokémon, traded ones and lots of duplicates all over the shop. :laughing: Got there in the end though, have everything arranged by type now, which is cool. This also brought my attention to how little flying types there are! That, or I just don’t have many currently stored in boxes. :hmm: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

This also brought my attention to how little flying types there are! That, or I just don’t have many currently stored in boxes. :hmm: 

Most flying types are dual types. So if you are sorting by their first type, you wouldn't get many flying types, I guess?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Most flying types are dual types. So if you are sorting by their first type, you wouldn't get many flying types, I guess?

I did, yeah. Think there were only a couple of pure flying types, then a few that were dual type.
Either way, my flying type box is practically empty compared to all the others! 

Grass and water type on the other hand, well... I actually had to make extra boxes for those. :grin: 

OMG, after many failed attempts and trying different Pokemon and strategies, and with help from a pal, I FINALLY took down a Shiny Zeraora, woooo! :D

What worked in the end was training a Runerigus. I gave it 252 HP and 252 SpD (its base Def is already pretty high), Leftovers, and then just spammed Haze while my pal and the two other players (one Human, one AI) concentrated on attacks. I think Zeraora got mad at me though as it used all of its attacks in the final turn against my Runerigus lol. xD Really lucky I'd used a Max Potion that turn or we'd have lost the battle.

Edited by Sckewi
Bad apostrophe D: and wrong Pokemon name lol
  • Like 1

Wooooo!

complete-armor-dex-vsmall.jpg

All I have left to do on the Isle of Armor now is finish the Watts/Dojo quest. And then try my luck with Restricted Training.

I have really enjoyed the Isle of Amor, I wish the story was longer but overall I am definitely glad I bought it, and looking forward to The Crown Tundra.

Edited by Sckewi
Because I always think of something else to type after I click "Post"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sckewi said:

Wooooo!

complete-armor-dex-vsmall.jpg

All I have left to do on the Isle of Armor now is finish the Watts/Dojo quest. And then try my luck with Restricted Training.

I have really enjoyed the Isle of Amor, I wish the story was longer but overall I am definitely glad I bought it, and looking forward to The Crown Tundra.

Do you get anything for completing the Armor 'dex?

You have the end of tomorrow to claim your Zeraora. You receive it via Mystery Gift from the mobile Home app. If you don' have it, you need to deposit a Pokemon from Sword/Shield into Home.

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

You have the end of tomorrow to claim your Zeraora. You receive it via Mystery Gift from the mobile Home app. If you don' have it, you need to deposit a Pokemon from Sword/Shield into Home.

Yeah this wasn't clear at all to me.

I do not have the mobile app. How can i get this Pokémon? And why is't it simply available as an in-game mystery gift?

7 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah this wasn't clear at all to me.

I do not have the mobile app. How can i get this Pokémon? And why is't it simply available as an in-game mystery gift?

Underhanded tactic to get people to download the app.

Do you not own a smartphone? Maybe try an Android emulator like https://www.bluestacks.com/? You don't need to use the paid version or anything.

44 minutes ago, Ike said:

Underhanded tactic to get people to download the app.

Do you not own a smartphone? Maybe try an Android emulator like https://www.bluestacks.com/? You don't need to use the paid version or anything.

Oh, it was smart when it was new in 2011.

I'm not downloading an android emulator so I can download another app so I can download a virtual creature. That's too much effort. I'll just wait until it's available through other means.

Edited by Sméagol

7 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

That's too much effort. I'll just wait until it's available thorugh other means.

Yeah, that ain't happening in Sword and Shield.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, that ain't happening in Sword and Shield.

Well, that's a shame.

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Well, that's a shame.

Generally speaking, Mythical Pokémon never get a second appearance during one game.

And TBH, Zeraora isn't exactly one of the more popular ones. (Appeared right at the end of the Sun/Moon generation, when most people who aren't me stopped caring) So who knows when it'll show up again?

I wouldn't advise missing this if you want one.

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Generally speaking, Mythical Pokémon never get a second appearance during one game.

And TBH, Zeraora isn't exactly one of the more popular ones. (Appeared right at the end of the Sun/Moon generation, when most people who aren't me stopped caring) So who knows when it'll show up again?

I wouldn't advise missing this if you want one.

I don't care for "popular", I want them all as many as possible (eventually). He looks cool enough. I mean, I've stopped playing the game, but I'll continue at some point. But it seems I can't have this one unless I go through unnecessary hoops. I'm not a fan of that, so I won't bother.

If you'd like something official from Google, https://developer.android.com/studio also has an Android emulator. I used it a few months back when I needed to get Pokemon Home working and received the Pokemon available through it at the time. Since then I've managed to get Home working on my old phone.

I totally agree with what others have said though, it would be a lot better if all of Pokemon Home's functionality was available on the Switch too.

42 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I don't care for "popular", I want them all as many as possible (eventually). He looks cool enough. I mean, I've stopped playing the game, but I'll continue at some point. But it seems I can't have this one unless I go through unnecessary hoops. I'm not a fan of that, so I won't bother.

Look up what you have to do to get Melmetal 😉

On 6/22/2020 at 8:29 AM, V. Amoleo said:

Digital for both Sword and Shield.  Both installed and fully up to date.  Pokemon Shield has the DLC.  Yep I have an active Switch Online subscription.

It's very strange and it seems like this 9101 error only started this week.  It's only just starting to pop up on the internet.

Just an update on this in case anybody else is getting Error 9101.  You have to contact Pokemon Support to get it fixed.  I asked them if it was anything I'd done on my end and if there were steps to avoid it in the future and they said no.

31 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Just an update on this in case anybody else is getting Error 9101.  You have to contact Pokemon Support to get it fixed.  I asked them if it was anything I'd done on my end and if there were steps to avoid it in the future and they said no.

So you're good now?

BTW, just a heads up. From now until July 20th, there's a 2% chance to get a Shiny Wailord from Max Raids.