NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Oh, apparently you can get the Galarian starters with their HA from Pokemon Home if you deposit a Pokemon from SwSh.

• Thanks 1

So will there be a review embargo lifted before the release of The Isle of Armor, or will reviews come post-release?

Excited for Wednesday either way!

5 minutes ago, Tim B said:

So will there be a review embargo lifted before the release of The Isle of Armor, or will reviews come post-release?

Excited for Wednesday either way!

I don’t think Nintendo normally send out review copies of DLC expansions; so I wouldn’t expect any reviews until after it’s release.

• Thanks 1

I got a review copy of the Expansion Pass for BotW when that came out. I also seem to remember some other DLC that I have reviewed at some point. But with Pokémon, Nintendo is very protective and only gives a few review copies so i wouldn't expect many reviews before release.

Edit: Ah, that was Mario + Rabbids Donkey Kong DLC that I got to review. But I didn't get either of them before release.

Edited by MindFreak

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I don’t think Nintendo normally send out review copies of DLC expansions; so I wouldn’t expect any reviews until after it’s release.

You literally watched me play a review copy of the Captain Toad DLC!

• Haha 2

Apparently trainers scale up to level 100 in the DLC.

I was going to say keep expectations uncheck but that sounds good if true.

• Like 1

Didn't know whether to put this in this thread or the eShop one, but I figure it's best placed here. According to this article from VideoGamer, Nintendo won't be offering refunds for customers who bought the wrong version of the DLC. 

All this excitement has led to errors, though. Nintendo has seen a rise in players purchasing the incorrect DLC for their version of the game. Meaning, Sword players have been purchasing the DLC for Shield and vice versa. The company has warned players that they should check which version of the game’s DLC they’ve selected before checking out, because these mistakes won’t be refunded.

When I purchased the DLC, I was petrified that I’d somehow selected the wrong one, and to be honest, I’m still worried now. The words “Pokémon Shield” really needed to be bolded, italicised, underlined, and surrounded with neon flashing lights to quell my fear. Well, in any event, players should now be doubly encouraged to double check before they purchase access to the upcoming content.

Hope they do a U-turn on this if that really is the case, because that's bordering on stupid in the case that it is true.

What harm does it do them refunding, knowing full well that the customer is going to just use that refund for the other version of the DLC (and again, let's not forget just how silly this sounds in the first place)? It's such a shady move, basically hoping players buy the wrong DLC and have to purchase it again. 

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You literally watched me play a review copy of the Captain Toad DLC!

Isn't that some NDA violation?

Jeez, bit worried now. I just heard the information about people buying the wrong DLC. I bought mine from ShopTo, and the old email just says "Pokemon Sword OR Shield DLC". So not sure what happened there... Guess I'll find out tomorrow lol. xD

20 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Isn't that some NDA violation?

Not when he helps me test multiplayer features.

Anyway, he's N-E staff too, so he knows to keep quiet.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sckewi said:

Jeez, bit worried now. I just heard the information about people buying the wrong DLC. I bought mine from ShopTo, and the old email just says "Pokemon Sword OR Shield DLC". So not sure what happened there... Guess I'll find out tomorrow lol. xD

Yeah, I imagine it's because there'll be exclusive Pokémon between each version. So you're technically downloading different content depending on which one you have.

Some people are saying the story for this DLC is really short. Can anyone clarify?

8 hours ago, Tim B said:

Some people are saying the story for this DLC is really short. Can anyone clarify?

Probably, I always got the impression it was "take that new Pokémon up a tower and get it to evolve."

And that's all I expect.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Probably, I always got the impression it was "take that new Pokémon up a tower and get it to evolve."

And that's all I expect.

Same. That's why I was hinting at keeping your expectations in check.

Apparently you can get some pretty good rewards though.

As usual I got distracted and was just exploring/catching Pokemon, so I didn't progress the story much.

Caught a

Spoiler

Scizor 

from a 5 star raid, so happy they back. No one joined though, thought people would jump at the chance.

Phew it's working, on both Sword and Shield. Was really worried I might have got the wrong one or something after the news the other day lol. xD

Anywho, had a quick go, seems alright so far. The story so far has made me laugh a few times, and it's nice seeing Pokemon I haven't caught in SwSh yet. I enjoy completing the dex so I'll have a good time even if there's not much story. I haven't really played it enough yet to analyse it much more than that. xD But I'm glad it's here. :D

11 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Phew it's working, on both Sword and Shield. Was really worried I might have got the wrong one or something after the news the other day lol. xD

Anywho, had a quick go, seems alright so far. The story so far has made me laugh a few times, and it's nice seeing Pokemon I haven't caught in SwSh yet. I enjoy completing the dex so I'll have a good time even if there's not much story. I haven't really played it enough yet to analyse it much more than that. xD But I'm glad it's here. :D

You bought 1 DLC pack, or 2?

I like the new character, her cutaways are pretty funny.

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Caught a

Reveal hidden contents

Scizor 

from a 5 star raid, so happy they back. No one joined though, thought people would jump at the chance.

Can people who didn't buy the DLC join your raids? I imagine that might hurt your chances.

I'm still not sold. I need a proper battle facility to really test me for me to buy it. I've already got every Pokémon on my Sun/Moon game, so I'm gonna need more than "catch all new, but actually old Pokémon"

On 17/06/2020 at 7:22 AM, Glen-i said:

Not when he helps me test multiplayer features.

Anyway, he's N-E staff too, so he knows to keep quiet.

Yes @Dcubed, you know to keep quiet right?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Haha 3

Anybody else getting Error 9101 when trying to login to Pokemon Home on the Switch?

I also can't get into it on mobile but that's because it says I'm using it elsewhere.  I think it's unrelated to the above though because I've had that before when I've forgot to close it down properly on the Switch.

2 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

Anybody else getting Error 9101 when trying to login to Pokemon Home on the Switch?

I also can't get into it on mobile but that's because it says I'm using it elsewhere.  I think it's unrelated to the above though because I've had that before when I've forgot to close it down properly on the Switch.

Both working for me, unless they sorted whatever was wrong by now.

2 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

You might have to update the software, both on phone and on the Switch. That's what I had to do.

Edited by Glen-i

Oooooh rats. I really wish I'd been writing down which areas I'd found all the Digletts in... there doesn't seem to be a way to check afterwards. Edit: Nvm I got them all. xD

Edited by Sckewi