NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

I had a couple of goes at beating Mewtwo last night but was not successful. I decided to have another crack at him before heading to work this morning and managed to get the win.

ER15EcpVAAAXFKj?format=jpg&name=large

I ended up defeating him with an AI and two random players. He wasn't that difficult and my Golisopod ended up wrecking him with his bug moves.

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

OK, yeah. Hydreigon was a mistake, the Mewtwo has blizzard as well as a fighting move.

I've also seen Fire Blast, Psystrike, Earthquake, Rock Slide as well as nasty setup moves like Nasty Plot, Bulk Up and Calm Mind.

Bulky Ghost Pokémon are probably the way to go here. Corsola, Eviolite Dusclops, Sableye and the like. Moves that remove stat increases like Clear Smog and Haze will be helpful as well as long as you're careful not to reset a stat drop.

I love this. There's you trying to come up with certain strats and best Pokemon to use and here's me just thinking about what Mewtwo was weak to back in Red and Blue and then just going all in on attack moves. :laughing:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I ended up defeating him with an AI and two random players. He wasn't that difficult and my Golisopod ended up wrecking him with his bug moves.

I love this. There's you trying to come up with certain strats and best Pokemon to use and here's me just thinking about what Mewtwo was weak to back in Red and Blue and then just going all in on attack moves. :laughing:

Really? I mean you used a bulky bug Pokémon, while I'm planning on using a bulky Ghost Pokémon, sounds like we're using similar strategies.

Golisopod is a fine choice, assuming you don't run into the Mewtwo that runs Rock Slide.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Really? I mean you used a bulky bug Pokémon, while I'm planning on using a bulky Ghost Pokémon, sounds like we're using similar strategies.

Golisopod is a fine choice, assuming you don't run into the Mewtwo that runs Rock Slide.

I had no idea if he was bulky or not. I just seen he had Leech Life and figured that was the way to go. :laughing:

Also, I don't need to worry about Rock Slide anymore. I just wanted to defeat him the once, which i've now done. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I had no idea if he was bulky or not. I just seen he had Leech Life and figured that was the way to go. :laughing:

Max raids are probably the one place Golisopod shines. That ability is more of a hindrance in normal fights, but when you can't switch, it's no longer a problem.

I might have to train one up myself for Max Raids, been meaning to do so.
I'm genuinely impressed you pulled that off with a CPU trainer though. They can never be above Level 70, so they can't have been any help.

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thinking about what Mewtwo was weak to back in Red and Blue and then just going all in on attack moves. :laughing:

He was weak to nothing in gen 1. :heh:

• Haha 2

Just now, Glen-i said:

I'm genuinely impressed you pulled that off with a CPU trainer though. They can never be above Level 70, so they can't have been any help.

It knocked a couple of bars off his shield and was also a nice punching bag for Mewtwo, allowing me to get my attacks off.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

He was weak to nothing in gen 1. :heh:

No, not quite. Leech Life was super effective.
That whopping 20 base power move that no good Pokémon could learn.

I did a couple of Mewtwo raids with some randoms, failed both times. :laughing: 

It was fun seeing someone’s Zacian get instantly KO’d though, while my little Corsola took the hit with around 30% HP to spare. :D 

But yeah, Mewtwo hits hard! :o 

Not sure it’s worth it for those rewards... At least throw a gold bottle cap in there. :heh: 

15 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I did a couple of Mewtwo raids with some randoms, failed both times. :laughing: 

It was fun seeing someone’s Zacian get instantly KO’d though, while my little Corsola took the hit with around 30% HP to spare. :D 

It's nice to see people get punished for using Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus. Those are not great choices, one Earthquake and you're done.

I plan on attempting it with either Dusclops or the Golisopod I'm currently training sometime over the weekend. Should be do-able.

39 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's nice to see people get punished for using Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus. Those are not great choices, one Earthquake and you're done.

I plan on attempting it with either Dusclops or the Golisopod I'm currently training sometime over the weekend. Should be do-able.

Hey, get your own strat! :p 

A team consisting of at least one Grimmsnarl (or whatever he's called) works well. If his speed is higher than Mewtwo's then he can hit him with Thunder Wave straight off the bat. After that, it's a question of him using Light Screen and healing. Most people will already have a decent version of him thanks to the raids, so then it's just a question of levelling him up and giving him the correct moves.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hey, get your own strat! :p 

A team consisting of at least one Grimmsnarl (or whatever he's called) works well. If his speed is higher than Mewtwo's then he can hit him with Thunder Wave straight off the bat. After that, it's a question of him using Light Screen and healing. Most people will already have a decent version of him thanks to the raids, so then it's just a question of levelling him up and giving him the correct moves.

Grimmsnarl can have Prankster as an ability, so it doesn't even need to be faster than Mewtwo to get a status effect in there. Probably why people are using it.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Grimmsnarl can have Prankster as an ability, so it doesn't even need to be faster than Mewtwo to get a status effect in there. Probably why people are using it.

Yeah, I think seen that mentioned elsewhere. Hitting him with that status effect helps massively during the course of the fight.

I have a competitive Grimmsnarl, I just to alter it a bit and feed it exp candies. I have a competitive Dusknior as well on some other game I think, so could transfer that over.

I'm up for some raids tonight though.

5 hours ago, Ike said:

I have a competitive Grimmsnarl, I just to alter it a bit and feed it exp candies. I have a competitive Dusknior as well on some other game I think, so could transfer that over.

I'm up for some raids tonight though.

Dusknoir has the same problem that Cursola has. With Eviolite around, Dusclops getting an evolution only made Dusclops more viable.

I'd be happy to do some raids later though. Hopefully we can get a full N-E room going.

EDIT: I just asked @Ugh first aid if she's interested in helping out and she is. She's gonna dig out her competitive Sableye from last generation.

Edited by Glen-i

Nicely played @Ike. That's my third Mewtwo beaten. I was worried we were going to pick the same move at the start but thankfully it worked out well.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nicely played @Ike. That's my third Mewtwo beaten. I was worried we were going to pick the same move at the start but thankfully it worked out well.

I figured you'd go for Thunder Wave since it's best to get it off store the shield goes up.

• Like 1

Gonna jump on and do some raids and a bit. Suddenly felt quite tired last night so I didn't play much.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Gonna jump on and do some raids and a bit. Suddenly felt quite tired last night so I didn't play much.

Yeah, I had the same kind of thing. Weird.

I'll jump on as well in about 10 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I think we could do it without a CPU Throh @Ike

Got unlucky there.

I don't get why they didn't make the CPU players scale.

Well I know why, but still.

Nicely done, even with that other person refusing to use items.

That was close though!