NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Wow, you can Dynamax legendary Pokémon from other games.

@Mokong just Dynamaxed his Necrozma in a Max Raid.

That seems broken as hell.

I'm also gonna get even more annoyed when someone just chooses a legendary for a Max Raid, so boring.

Edited by Glen-i

It's quite impressive the amount of sources you can now get your Pokémon from.

SZLaNmv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

You just know some nutter has a Pokémon from the GameCube titles in Sword/Shield. Not all of them, that's impossible, but still.

EDIT: Spoiler alert, it's not me... Yet... I still have a Togetic from Coliseum (Although it's a Togekiss now) in my Ultra Sun game.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm starting to get real tired of people sending blatantly hacked shiny legendaries out against Max Raids where the type is an awful choice.

The last thing I need is more dopes in these battles. The CPU's are bad enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I'm starting to get real tired of people sending blatantly hacked shiny legendaries out against Max Raids where the type is an awful choice.

The last thing I need is more dopes in these battles. The CPU's are bad enough.

With Home now out though, I’ve transferred my shiny Nuzleaf over to Sword so you’ll be meeting us soon! He’s far more epic than any Legendary ;)

Just now, markderoos said:

With Home now out though, I’ve transferred my shiny Nuzleaf over to Sword so you’ll be meeting us soon! He’s far more epic than any Legendary ;)

As long as you don't just send it out against any old Pokémon...

I'm coining the term "Shiny Dopes" People who are dumb because they have a shiny.

Surrounded by them now! Thankfully, @Sprout was there with a Sudowoodo, helping to maintain some IQ in the group.

• Haha 2

afb.gif

Or all weekend, whatever.

Time to work on a competitive Incineroar now. Thankfully, I prefer the normal one's colours so it shouldn't take long at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2020internationalchallengefebruary.jpg

Registration for this online competition has started. Join in and you get a new in-game shirt. It's Doubles Format with some Gigantamax Pokémon being banned. (Toxtricity is unfortunately one of them... Bugger.)

Also, if you want to qualify to collect Championship points, which go toward earning an invite to the World Championships, you'll need to link your Nintendo account to your Pokémon Trainer Club Account on the Pokemon.com website. You don't need to do this to join the competition and get your shirt.

For the first time ever, I've actually signed up to the World Championship program. Who knows? You might see me battling at the World Championships.
Spoiler Alert: No, you won't.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

After a bit of a break from the game I decided to go back recently and start raising a more competitive team to participate in online battles. Well, in terms of training up in terms of EVs that is. I haven't decided what the whole team is going to be yet but my first port of call is to train up an Eiscue and am raising a Lv.1 Eiscue's Attack. Though, I've been putting it on Attack Seminars as I don't have enough money to buy 25 Proteins. And hey, had no idea they lifted the restrictions on those items as I recall you could only use 10 maximum of each and had to gain the rest of the EVs by other means.

2 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

After a bit of a break from the game I decided to go back recently and start raising a more competitive team to participate in online battles. Well, in terms of training up in terms of EVs that is. I haven't decided what the whole team is going to be yet but my first port of call is to train up an Eiscue and am raising a Lv.1 Eiscue's Attack. Though, I've been putting it on Attack Seminars as I don't have enough money to buy 25 Proteins. And hey, had no idea they lifted the restrictions on those items as I recall you could only use 10 maximum of each and had to gain the rest of the EVs by other means.

Yeah, it's a much welcome change to vitamins.

(BTW, 26 Proteins to max out attack. And I hope you have another stat you plan on training.)

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, it's a much welcome change to vitamins.

(BTW, 26 Proteins to max out attack. And I hope you have another stat you plan on training.)

Yes, but I'm not entirely sure yet. Might be Speed. The general strategy is going to be to take advantage of the ability to set up a Turn 1 Belly Drum and maximise Attack. Then proceed to Sweep until I get KO'd

So, remember that Shiny Litten I got? I think he's defective.

Spoiler

I left him while I made this post, he's still going.

I knew that lucky shiny Litten was too good to be true, I have the dumbest Incineroar ever!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

From now until the 1st of March, there will be Dynamax raids for Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle and Wartortle.

As well as that, there's also a special Max Raid for Mewtwo, It's Level 100, so it's gonna be pretty tough.

Before you get your knickers in a twist though, be aware that Mewtwo is impossible to catch. Instead, you'll get really valuable items for beating it, such as Ability Capsules, PP Ups and PP Maxes.

I'm definitely farming that over the weekend. Still won't use legendary Pokémon though, I'm not lame.

Today is also the last day to register for the February International Challenge Online Tournament.

Even if you're not interested in competitive battling, I recommend entering anyway and completing one battle.

That way, you'll get the Ball Guy Casual T-Shirt for doing so.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

As well as that, there's also a special Max Raid for Mewtwo, It's Level 100, so it's gonna be pretty tough.

Just been reading about this, apparently it’s insanely difficult!

Sounds like fun, if you’re not playing alongside the CPU or randoms that is. :laughing: 

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I'm definitely farming that over the weekend. Still won't use legendary Pokémon though, I'm not lame.

I’ll try to join you for that if there’s room. I might have to be lame though, don’t think Pikachu is gonna cut it. :heh: 

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Even if you're not interested in competitive battling, I recommend entering anyway and completing one battle.

That way, you'll get the Ball Guy Casual T-Shirt for doing so.

Do you get the T-Shirt right away, or at the end of the tournament?

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Just been reading about this, apparently it’s insanely difficult!

Sounds like fun, if you’re not playing alongside the CPU or randoms that is. :laughing: 

I’ll try to join you for that if there’s room. I might have to be lame though, don’t think Pikachu is gonna cut it. :heh: 

Do you get the T-Shirt right away, or at the end of the tournament?

Don't you have a competitive Corsola? I think that would do well. It definitely ain't getting one shotted.

I'm sure a 4-man Level 100 team of smart type choices can get through it. Ironically, Dark types are going to shine.

Well, unless the Mewtwo has a smart moveset and is packing Aura Sphere.

In that case, Sableyes all round!

I imagine you'll get the shirt shortly after the competition ends. Much like the BP prizes for the last two competitions.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Don't you have a competitive Corsola? I think that would do well. It definitely ain't getting one shotted.

Oh yeah, indeed I do. Thanks for reminding me. :hehe: 

Wouldn’t be able to do too much damage, but it looks like survival is the name of the game with this particular Max Raid. Will take a look at my other Ghost/Bug/Dark Pokémon as well, see if there’s anything else that might be good for it.

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Oh yeah, indeed I do. Thanks for reminding me. :hehe: 

Wouldn’t be able to do too much damage, but it looks like survival is the name of the game with this particular Max Raid. Will take a look at my other Ghost/Bug/Dark Pokémon as well, see if there’s anything else that might be good for it.

I mean, the hardest part in most Max raids is surviving until the two shield phases are done, then you're golden. As long as you do damage, you get rid of a shield part. My Hydreigon can easily finish it off once that's done.

Steel Pokémon aren't a bad choice either, thanks to their resistance. (Assuming they don't have a second type that's weak to Psychic)

New Pokémon, Zarude, revealed (as promised). Rogue Monkey Pokémon, Dark/Grass, Ability: Leaf Guard.

No word about how to obtain it, though.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

New Pokémon, Zarude, revealed (as promised). Rogue Monkey Pokémon, Dark/Grass, Ability: Leaf Guard.

No word about how to obtain it, though.

It's pretty cool. Don't think we've had a Grass/Dark Pokémon since Gen 3. Leaf Guard is a pretty situational ability though.

Mythical implies that it won't be available through the Expansion Pass. Which is odd.

Edited by Glen-i

OK, yeah. Hydreigon was a mistake, the Mewtwo has blizzard as well as a fighting move.

I've also seen Fire Blast, Psystrike, Earthquake, Rock Slide as well as nasty setup moves like Nasty Plot, Bulk Up and Calm Mind.

Bulky Ghost Pokémon are probably the way to go here. Corsola, Eviolite Dusclops, Sableye and the like. Moves that remove stat increases like Clear Smog and Haze will be helpful as well as long as you're careful not to reset a stat drop.

Edited by Glen-i

content-4-36163-mythicalpokemonzarudebanner.jpg

New mythical Pokémon to be added into Sword and Shield

It's Pokémon Day and GameFreak have shared a brand new mythical Pokémon to be included in Sword and Shield; meet Zarude.

Check the article for the Press Release info and the reveal trailer. :D

• Like 1