NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Got an Orbeetle for you Swordies.

Sorry, @Hero-of-Time, might have to sit out of that raid if you started, it's more important @Ike and @markderoos get a shot at this.

2 minutes, 4387.

EDIT: Room's open now.

Edited by Glen-i

The Toxtricity den sodded off. Very weird.

Thats me done for the night. Thanks for the raids everyone.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Ike said:

I haven't seen gmax Orbeetle, that's amazing! :laughing:

Yeah, design wise, it's one of my favourites. It's so silly.

Shame Orbeetle kinda sucks and the G-Max move isn't great.

@Ike I believe you have all three Shield exclusives now?

I'm happy to keep going if you want more Shield exclusives. As long as you send Toxtricities my way.

In hindsight, Inteleon probably would've been a better choice than Excadrill...

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@Ike I believe you have all three Shield exclusives now?

I'm happy to keep going if you want more Shield exclusives. As long as you send Toxtricities my way.

Yeah I've got 'em all now, cheers. I don't mind just doing raid anyway though.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

In hindsight, Inteleon probably would've been a better choice than Excadrill...

That Torkel, of all things, wrecked us,

• Like 1

I hate it when I accidentally press "Ready to Battle" before swapping my Pokémon.

Especially when it leaves me with Zamazenta or Eternatus, feels dirty.

Ah, only Draco Meter'd because I thought I was slower. I wasn't paying attention.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Ah, only Draco Meter'd because I thought I was slower. I wasn't paying attention.

I laughed when you did that. Such a colossal waste. Really funny. Hope the millimetre of damage you did was worth the stat drop.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Sad 1

I once mentioned to @RedShell that the combination of his Fat Pikachu and my Toxtricity made a great two man combination for Max Raids.

But that combo of Dynamax Excadrill and Rhyperior works amazingly! Excadrill's crazy speed means instant Sandstorms which makes Rhyperior borderline unbeatable.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I once mentioned to @RedShell that the combination of his Fat Pikachu and my Toxtricity made a great two man combination for Max Raids.

But that combo of Dynamax Excadrill and Rhyperior works amazingly! Excadrill's crazy speed means instant Sandstorms which makes Rhyperior borderline unbeatable.

Mine's Assault Vest'd so its defences are sky high in sand.

I think weather teams are quite disadvantaged this gen (except for sand teams because sand seems a lot more common) due to how easy it is to change the weather.

Just now, Ike said:

Mine's Assault Vest'd so its defences are sky high in sand.

I think weather teams are quite disadvantaged this gen (except for sand teams because sand seems a lot more common) due to how easy it is to change the weather.

Yeah, it reminds me of Generation 5 where everyone had a weather changing Pokémon because the effect was permanent. They fixed that in Gen 6, but Sword/Shield seems a regression in that regard.

I mean, I like Max Raids a lot, but if the next games ditched Dynamaxing, I would not be as upset as I was about Megas getting the chop.

Last raid and I'm done. Getting sleepy.

And done. Thanks for the raids everyone!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Got an Orbeetle for you Swordies.

Sorry, @Hero-of-Time, might have to sit out of that raid if you started, it's more important @Ike and @markderoos get a shot at this.

2 minutes, 4387.

EDIT: Room's open now.

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I get the feeling @markderoos is done as well.

I can keep going though.

9 hours ago, markderoos said:

Looks like it, exactly the same happened to me... 

I’m off to bed, thanks for the games guys. If you happen to encounter a G-Max Gengar and catch it, let me know! :)

Yep, was off to bed already :)

And I already had G-Max Orbeetle before the Wild Area update. Out of all the available G-Max Pokemon I only miss a G-Max Eevee (Let’s Go Eevee exclusive) and G-Max Gengar (Shield exclusive).

And in due time a G-Max Inteleon, Rillaboom, Firebunny and Melmetal.

Unfortunately my old phone isn't compatible with Pokemon Home...

Fortunately the Android emulator provided by Android Studio on PC is! :D

So I've claimed my Bulbasaur, Pichu and am currently waiting for a Wonder Trade and GTS trade to complete so I can get my Rotom and Eevee!

In case anyone is not aware, the free starter has its hidden ability.

Also people are trading hacked 'mons that can cause the game to glitch and block you from using the online features, so you might not want to use Surprise Trade for a while.

• Thanks 2

Speaking of hacked mons, I received a Squirtle in a Dive Ball with its hidden ability. Is the fact it's in a Dive Ball indication it's hacked? I've checked and I think it's possible through breeding, but I'd appreciate cofirmation. :) Nothing else about it seems suspicious.

On 13/02/2020 at 9:42 AM, Sckewi said:

Speaking of hacked mons, I received a Squirtle in a Dive Ball with its hidden ability. Is the fact it's in a Dive Ball indication it's hacked? I've checked and I think it's possible through breeding, but I'd appreciate cofirmation. :) Nothing else about it seems suspicious.

Not necessarily. You could catch wild Squirtle in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, although why anyone would use a Dive Ball on Squirtle is beyond me.

So... Probably hacked, but not guaranteed.

If the parent Squirtle is from Home, then it's defo hacked.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

D'oh! I'd rather not have any hacked Pokemon, so I'm going to release it and GTS for another one (one that's not hacked xD). Thanks for the help!

Edited by Sckewi

3 hours ago, Sckewi said:

D'oh! I'd rather not have any hacked Pokemon, so I'm going to release it and GTS for another one (one that's not hacked xD). Thanks for the help!

You could just ask me? Or anyone else on N-E who chose Squirtle on Pokémon Home?

I wouldn't rely on GTS if you don't want a hacked Pokémon. Golden rule ever since GTS was a thing.