NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

On 12/01/2020 at 5:07 PM, markderoos said:

thanks in advance @Ike for the upcoming trade. Maybe I can get online later tonight and otherwise some other evening this week. Let me know what suits you the most!

Can do it tonight if you want, otherwise it'll have to be Tuesday or Thursday.

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Can do it tonight if you want, otherwise it'll have to be Tuesday or Thursday.

How late are you on tonight? 

2 minutes ago, markderoos said:

How late are you on tonight? 

Probably until 10:30ish.

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

Probably until 10:30ish.

Ok, I’ll be on in a sec! Any Pokemon will do in return right?

Code 7253

Edited by markderoos

7 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Ok, I’ll be on in a sec! Any Pokemon will do in return right?

Code 7253

Yup. 

Just now, Ike said:

Yup. 

Great, thanks again!

Now on to get me a G-Max Gengar and I’m done (until Pokemon Home and the DLC launch that is)

Heads up: today is the last day players are able to get gigantamax (Kanto) Meowth through Mysterie Gift!

No idea where to put this so i'll just plonk it here. The Food Network Challenge recently had an episode where contestants had to make a cake using the theme of Pokemon as their inspiration. The results were horrifying/hilarious.

Spoiler

EORr3mKUwAApoXg?format=jpg&name=medium

0bc7c8db5007c7974f1d7fcaff366be6.gif

EORo1N1UYAAx2Jj?format=png&name=small

EORnmlEVAAE7NQj?format=png&name=small

EORnHOYU4AER-ub?format=png&name=900x900

:laughing:

• Haha 4

Jeez, I learnt a lesson in the Battle Tower the last few days. This is just my experience, I'm sure this is quite a general thing to say, and it probably depends on the Pokemon. But it seems like for a Sweeper it's probably better to have an Adamant (+Attack -Special Attack) or Modest (+Special Attack - Attack) Nature over a Jolly (+Speed -Special Attack) or Timid (+Speed -Attack) one.

My team was mostly made up of Sweepers with Attack/Special Attack boosting Natures. I randomly made the decision that going first was more important, so I started using Speed boosting Mints on them. For me - big mistake. I found that it really made the difference between a 1HKO on a lot of Pokemon. So I switched them back using Attack or Special Attack boosting Mints, and the Battle Tower suddenly got easier again. I was still outspeeding most Pokemon, but 1HKOing more of them.

And with that, it's just one more 50 BP to earn to get the Mint I need for my last Pokemon. Then that's my team's stats all maxed out. Just need to get High Jump Kick onto my Cinderace, and decide what items to give them all, and my in-game team is all set for now. I'll probably have a few online battles with them to determine their weak points and get some experience. And then take a look at training some more Pokemon that aren't just Sweepers. xD

23 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No idea where to put this so i'll just plonk it here. The Food Network Challenge recently had an episode where contestants had to make a cake using the theme of Pokemon as their inspiration. The results were horrifying/hilarious.

Pics Stolen From Era (Hide contents)

EORr3mKUwAApoXg?format=jpg&name=medium

0bc7c8db5007c7974f1d7fcaff366be6.gif

EORo1N1UYAAx2Jj?format=png&name=small

EORnmlEVAAE7NQj?format=png&name=small

EORnHOYU4AER-ub?format=png&name=900x900

:laughing:

That Chikorita longs for death...

• Haha 2

It has officially been two months since I last played Pokémon Sword.

Time to finally start playing it properly now I reckon, especially with the news of the new content on the horizon. :smile:

• Like 1

I have finally (FINALLY!) finished the storyline of Pokémon Sword. Beat it with this team (I was expecting a nice shot of my champion team but that never came so I had to do it with the save screen:

All around level 60-63. It was a pretty enjoyable experience and I'll go back to it to fill up the Pokédex and probably grab the DLC as well. I really like a lot of the new Pokémon, but I can't shake the feeling that I've just outgrown the main series. I can imagine this is a great adventure if it is your first or second Pokémon game, but for me the writing and the handholding have all become too much kid-friendly. The Darkest Day never felt like a threat and Team Yell was just laughable. Guess I'll give Mystery Dungeon a go to get a better Pokémon story.

I was also wondering if the game is indeed more stripped-down compared to previous entries, or that it is just more apparent now they have made the switch to 3D HD. But the lack of secret hide-outs, labs, complicated caves and legendary Pokémon makes me think it's just a bit barebones. There just isn't that much to discover.

Still a decent game though, and collecting has always been the more fun part so I still have that to go. Won't burn my hands on competitive Pokémon though.

tenor.gif

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I have finally (FINALLY!) finished the storyline of Pokémon Sword. Beat it with this team (I was expecting a nice shot of my champion team but that never came so I had to do it with the save screen:

Go back to the Title Screen, let it run, thank me later.

• Haha 1

There's a lot of info popping up for Pokémon Home. Apparently there will be a free and a paid subscription, and it launches in February. I've never really looked into the whole Pokémon Bank/Pokémon Home stuff, so I'll let someone else do the summary :p

https://home.pokemon.com/en-us/?cid=&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pokemonhome&utm_term=january28

Edited by Vileplume2000

Hmm, it's £15 a year for the premium. Looks like there's a mobile version as well which you can do some stuff with, like trading.

GTS is back via Home.

You can Wondertrade from Home. 

Looks like you can setup group trades with friends.

Home exclusive Mystery Gift events. You can use the app to collect gifts for Sword and Shield.

Pokémon Bank is going to be free for a month so you can move 'mons over.

Pokémon Go connectivity is coming soon.

• Thanks 1

That price is insulting. Around three times the price of Bank for some features that were already there in the 3DS games.

And unlike Bank, the main selling point, being able to transfer Pokémon from older games, can't be done because the 200 or so Pokémon that aren't in Sword/Shield can't be transferred to Sword/Shield anyway, so they'll be trapped in Home.

No way in hell I'm getting my Shiny Greninja trapped there.

It's a rip-off.

• Thanks 1

I think the free version will suffice for me. The GTS should help with completing the updated Dex for the DLC. :)

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

That price is insulting. Around three times the price of Bank for some features that were already there in the 3DS games.

And unlike Bank, the main selling point, being able to transfer Pokémon from older games, can't be done because the 200 or so Pokémon that aren't in Sword/Shield can't be transferred to Sword/Shield anyway, so they'll be trapped in Home.

No way in hell I'm getting my Shiny Greninja trapped there.

It's a rip-off.

It's just sheer greed at this point. Also, the fact that some of the features are locked behind the mobile app is another slap in the face.

• Thanks 1

Hmm... You can't transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Bank to Home if you don't have the Premium subscription. However, Pokémon Bank will be free for a month after launch of Home. That's a really crazy decision. At least let the people with Bank be able to move to Home freely...

Starting today, the Gigantamax Alcremie raids have been replaced by Milcery. (All the other current G-Max raids are still more likely)

Some of these Milcery can still Gigantamax though.

Anyway, the thing to note is that these Milcery raids can reward you with Ribbon and Star Sweets, which were previously unavailable.

The current more likely G-Max raids (Coalossal, Flapple, Lapras and Appletun) will end next week.

Also, on the 27th of February, a new Mythical Pokémon for Sword and Shield will be revealed, this Pokémon will be featuring in the next Pokémon movie. There will also be a "Special Max Raid Battle"

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/01/2020 at 8:10 AM, Glen-i said:

Starting today, the Gigantamax Alcremie raids have been replaced by Milcery. (All the other current G-Max raids are still more likely)

Some of these Milcery can still Gigantamax though.

Anyway, the thing to note is that these Milcery raids can reward you with Ribbon and Star Sweets, which were previously unavailable.

So basically you can get a G-Max Alcremie in any of its gazillion forms now?

Those ribbon and star sweets, are those all new items or are they only for the first time available through max raids?

1 minute ago, markderoos said:

So basically you can get a G-Max Alcremie in any of its gazillion forms now?

Those ribbon and star sweets, are those all new items or are they only for the first time available through max raids?

Yep, whatever form you like.

And they've been in the game's code, but unavailable until now.

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, whatever form you like.

And they've been in the game's code, but unavailable until now.

So previously unavailable indeed, interesting

February's Ranked Battles have started. If you took part in any battles last month, you should be able to collect your rewards.

Also, enter the Mystery Gift code "SUPEREFF1CACE" to get 20 BP.

• Thanks 1

I should finally be getting this in a couple of days and I'll have a good chunk of time to actually play it as well. Any tips for a newbie (not new to Pokémon)? Stuff you wish you had known before starting? I'm not a hardcore fan though. I tend to stop playing after beating the elite four etc.