NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

From now until January 3rd, Magikarp are everywhere in raid battles.

The reason this is worth mentioning is that there's a much higher chance of it being a shiny than usual. (Around 8%, I believe)

So might be worth going for that.

• Thanks 1

Oh snap, @RedShell, no pressure!

EDIT: Cheers, dude! Appreciate it.

Could you do me a solid and make any future Magikarp raids a Link Code one? @Ugh first aid and a friend of hers are also trying to get one. Use the code 0709.

SECOND EDIT: Never mind, we've all got one now.

Anyway, if you took part in Ranked Battles, you can claim your rewards now. I can confirm Singles and Doubles both count, so you can get double the stuff.

Edited by Glen-i

54 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Could you do me a solid and make any future Magikarp raids a Link Code one? @Ugh first aid and a friend of hers are also trying to get one. Use the code 0709.

Sorry, didn’t see this until just now, I did wonder why you were doing link code raids though.

Just now, RedShell said:

Sorry, didn’t see this until just now, I did wonder why you were doing link code raids though.

It's cool, like all the other times, as soon as I mentioned it on the internet, the problem resolved itself.

• Haha 1

Finally started this. Only just spoken to the professor and yet I've got nine Pokémon and my starter is level 13. 

Am I doing Pokémon right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Finally started this. Only just spoken to the professor and yet I've got nine Pokémon and my starter is level 13. 

Am I doing Pokémon right?

I'd say so, that sounds similar to how I play Pokémon, going into each patch of grass and catching all of the different types before moving on, plus doing a good bit of levelling up.

I've still only played six hours or so since getting the game, still in the Wild area as well... I should go back to it.

Which starter did you pick? (I went with Grookey just because... Grass Type starter traditions)

Let us know if you want the other starters, I'm not in a position to get starter eggs yet (still need a Ditto) but I'm planning on doing so soon as my brother is going to be starting playing Pokémon Shield soon and I said I'd try and get him some starters which gives me a reason to play again plus I'll gladly breed starter Pokémon for anyone else who wants them at the same time. :peace:

Although... after searching on where/how to get a Ditto, it looks like I'd best get playing as you do have to progress a fair bit before you can get to where Ditto is.

I miss the earlier games when you could catch one within the first few hours of starting. :p

• Like 1

I'm close to the end now and I've barely touched the wild area. It's the first new Pokémon game I've played since Sapphire on the GBA (although I suppose I did play Soul Silver so DS is technically the last gen I touched) so a lot of it is new to me. It feels almost perverse not to have HM's and the experience system is a lot more generous than I ever knew it to be. Pokémon was never that hard to begin with but this game has been absurdly easy - I haven't lost a single battle - but I've mostly enjoyed myself. 

The core gameplay is still fun and engaging but Game Freak could definitely do more to spruce up the presentation. It's really disappointing hearing the majority of Pokémon sound like they would on the GB. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'd say so, that sounds similar to how I play Pokémon, going into each patch of grass and catching all of the different types before moving on, plus doing a good bit of levelling up.

I've still only played six hours or so since getting the game, still in the Wild area as well... I should go back to it.

Which starter did you pick? (I went with Grookey just because... Grass Type starter traditions)

Let us know if you want the other starters, I'm not in a position to get starter eggs yet (still need a Ditto) but I'm planning on doing so soon as my brother is going to be starting playing Pokémon Shield soon and I said I'd try and get him some starters which gives me a reason to play again plus I'll gladly breed starter Pokémon for anyone else who wants them at the same time. :peace:

Although... after searching on where/how to get a Ditto, it looks like I'd best get playing as you do have to progress a fair bit before you can get to where Ditto is.

I miss the earlier games when you could catch one within the first few hours of starting. :p

I went with Grookey too. I typically go for water but honestly none of them were really appealing to me.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, killthenet said:

It's really disappointing hearing the majority of Pokémon sound like they would on the GB. 

You know, the Game Boy Pokémon actually got their sounds updated in X/Y.

If you're talking about anime voices though. That's very unlikely. A lot of Pokémon have completely different names and voices in other languages and the sheer amount of voice acting needed to cover all that would be a lot of work for little payoff. Pikachu only gets away with it because that's its name everywhere. Same with Eevee, I imagine.

Have you tried playing Smash Ultimate in a different language? It's worth it to hear German Squirtle.

New ranked season is now live.

I’m still doing pretty badly, but sometimes there’s the perfect opportunity for a bit of Pika-power!: :hehe:

:D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally got a shiny Magikarp after searching for ages.

Does synchronise work of raid battles or was it just a coincidence it had the same nature?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ike said:

Finally got a shiny Magikarp after searching for ages.

Does synchronise work of raid battles or was it just a coincidence it had the same nature?

Coincidence, the nature (and EV's and so on) are predetermined the moment that beam of light shows up.

• Thanks 1

Some more useful Mystery Gift codes now.

KAMPFTEAM gets you 20BP while GALAR will get you a bottle cap.

• Thanks 1

Some more useful Mystery Gift codes now.
KAMPFTEAM gets you 20BP while GALAR will get you a bottle cap.
MEIN KAMPFTEAM?
  • Haha 2

I'm after an Appleton, so if anyone can setup a raid battle, it would be much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Ike said:

I'm after an Appleton, so if anyone can setup a raid battle, it would be much appreciated.

You mean a Gigantamax Appletun? Because if so, me too!

If any of the Shield owners encounters a Gigantamax Appletun, Lapras or Gengar In a purple den, would you be so kind to set up a Max Raid with a code and share it here? Would be hugely appreciated! :)

I've never used ShopTo before but I just bought the Expansion (twice, one for each game xD) from there and it worked perfectly. They give you a code and then you open up the eShop on your Switch and select Reedeem Code.

Also claimed all the available Mystery Gifts I've been too lazy to get this last couple of weeks haha, and caught a Gigantamax Coalossal and Lapras, will work on the rest later.

That's me all set for the DLC, looking forward to more news about it. :D

11 hours ago, Ike said:

56 minutes ago, markderoos said:

You mean a Gigantamax Appletun? Because if so, me too!

If any of the Shield owners encounters a Gigantamax Appletun, Lapras or Gengar In a purple den, would you be so kind to set up a Max Raid with a code and share it here? Would be hugely appreciated! :)

Once I finish at the community centre today, I should be available to help with these.

I don't think Gengar is one the G-Max Raids that are more common at the moment, so no promises with that Pokémon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Once I finish at the community centre today, I should be available to help with these.

I don't think Gengar is one the G-Max Raids that are more common at the moment, so no promises with that Pokémon.

No pressure, I won’t be able to join untill tonight anyways. But of course feel free to set something up without me if that works out for the better! And thanks anyway for offering your help :)

6 hours ago, markderoos said:

No pressure, I won’t be able to join untill tonight anyways. But of course feel free to set something up without me if that works out for the better! And thanks anyway for offering your help :)

Well, let me know what time you plan on starting, so I have some notice.

Edited by Glen-i

6 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, let me know what time you plan on starting, so I have some notice.

I’m sorry @Glen-i, can’t make it tonigh... Maybe sometime tomorrow if you’re up for it?

28 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I’m sorry @Glen-i, can’t make it tonigh... Maybe sometime tomorrow if you’re up for it?

That's unlikely, I'll have to let you know if I can in the afternoon.

• Thanks 1

OK, @markderoos, I should be available to help until around 5pm today. Give me a shout when you know when you'll be able to go online and then I'll start looking.

Edited by Glen-i