NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

I did a bunch of trades with a pal the other day and we got each other all sorted for finishing our dex's!

Today I got to 393. All that's left are a couple of friendship evos, a few weather specific finds and a rare max raid with a 15% encounter rate. Bye bye wishing peices lol.

For the weather ones, I'm aware it's possible to force certain weather by setting the Switch's clock to a certain time. But I feel like that's just a little slightly bit cheating. :p Although it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if someone else did it, everyone should enjoy the games the way they want. But I just can't bring myself to do it lol.

After that I'm gonna start making my in-game team as competetively useful as I can. @Glen-i's guide will certainly be a big help!

Edit: 1 Day later

397 now! Rhyperior (the 15% dude) was a NIGHTMARE to catch. I had to throw wishing pieces into a den at Dusty Bowl. Hope for a rare raid. Then hope it was there at 15%. And THEN hope I actually caught the darn thing! It took several hours, but I eventually found one and was lucky enough to catch it with a Dusk Ball.

All that's left now is to catch Milotic and Mimikyu, which are both weather dependent, and breed a Feebas. So it's just a matter of time muahahahaahaaaah! If the weather's not right that day there's not much I can do about it, so I'll probably start working on making my team more competetive now anyway.

Edit 2: Days Later

399!!! Got foggy weather in the Lake of Outrage today. Caught a Milotic and bred a Feebas. Just need fog at Bridge Field or Giant's Mirror for Mimikyu now.

Edited by Sckewi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

content-4-36082-pokemonswordshieldnewcontentbanner.jpg

Pokémon Sword and Shield has more details shown post release

More details about version exclusives, different forms etc, in a cut 'n paste press release from Game Freak.

Just putting the information out there.

One day, I might get back into playing the game, you never know. ;)

• Like 1

QAPLAAAAAAAAAA'! Pokedex complete! After being at 399 for like a week, I finally got foggy weather at Bridge Field, and caught Mimikyu. :D

Edited by Sckewi
  • Like 2

4 gym badges in and still really enjoying this game. 

My team at the momentL 

Hattrem - 40

Toxtricity - 40

Rillaboom - 40

Mudsdale - 42

Morgrem - 40

Coalossal - 41

Pleased I'm managing to keep them all at similar levels, although this is definitely not the final team. I need to get a decent water Pokemon, which I haven't encountered many of yet. 

I think most of them will be keepers, but would toss Rillaboom into the box as I never seem to bring him out in battle too much. 

Hattrem / Morgrem are yet to evolve, but can't see me keeping both of them on the team. 

So any Shield players who want to trade some version exclusives?

I need:

Eiscue

Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, 

Goomy/Sliggo/Goodra

Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus

Drampa

Sableye

Lunatone

Croagunk/Toxicroak

Basculin (Blue-stripe form)

Spritzee/Aromatisse

Indeedee (Female form)

PM me if you want to trade and what you want in return so I can catch ‘em all! 

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

So any Shield players who want to trade some version exclusives?

I need:

Eiscue

Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, 

Goomy/Sliggo/Goodra

Solosis/Duosion/Reuniclus

Drampa

Sableye

Lunatone

Croagunk/Toxicroak

Basculin (Blue-stripe form)

Spritzee/Aromatisse

Indeedee (Female form)

PM me if you want to trade and what you want in return so I can catch ‘em all! 

I can breed them for you apart from Basculin and Indeedee. I need to evolve my Spritzee/Aromatisse so if you're OK with a trade back then that works out. Don't suppose you have an Appletun, I only need the 'dex entry?

5 hours ago, Ike said:

I can breed them for you apart from Basculin and Indeedee. I need to evolve my Spritzee/Aromatisse so if you're OK with a trade back then that works out. Don't suppose you have an Appletun, I only need the 'dex entry?

Wow, that would be really great! I do have Appletun, but just one unfortunately. At least it will help you completing your Dex. When would you be available for some trading and are there any particular ‘mon you want in return?

3 hours ago, markderoos said:

Wow, that would be really great! I do have Appletun, but just one unfortunately. At least it will help you completing your Dex. When would you be available for some trading and are there any particular ‘mon you want in return?

I can provide the Basculin and the Indeedee.

It would be great if you could breed me the Sword exclusive versions of them in return.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I can provide the Basculin and the Indeedee.

It would be great if you could breed me the Sword exclusive versions of them in return.

Great, will do that! When are you on? We need a code to trade right?

And do you need that Indeedee and Basculin bred or is caught also ok?

5 hours ago, markderoos said:

Not really, if you've got any breeding rejects or spare HA 'mon I'll take them, but I'm fine with a bunch of Wooloo.

I'm free the rest of the day, I'll start breeding them now. Do you want them as eggs or hatched? 

• Like 1

Eggs is fine, wouldn’t want you to do all the extra work while you’re already helping me out so much! :)

25 minutes ago, Ike said:

Not really, if you've got any breeding rejects or spare HA 'mon I'll take them, but I'm fine with a bunch of Wooloo.

I'm free the rest of the day, I'll start breeding them now. Do you want them as eggs or hatched? 

6 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Eggs is fine, wouldn’t want you to do all the extra work while you’re already helping me out so much! :)

Your eggs are ready.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Your eggs are ready.

I’ll be on in 5/10 mins!

code 8192

Extra favour to ask; can we also trade my Whipped Dream Swirlix and Rhydon back and forward for their final evolutions?

10 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I’ll be on in 5/10 mins!

code 8192

Extra favour to ask; can we also trade my Whipped Dream Swirlix and Rhydon back and forward for their final evolutions?

Yeah, no worries.

@markderoos that's all the eggs I've got. Let me know if I missed anything (or given a duplicate of). Is that everything you wanted to do?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

@markderoos that's all the eggs I've got. Let me know if I missed anything (or given a duplicate of). Is that everything you wanted to do?

Nope perfect, now only missing Spritzee/Aromatisse and the evolutions I need to do myself. Thanks alot!!! :)

3 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Nope perfect, now only missing Spritzee/Aromatisse and the evolutions I need to do myself. Thanks alot!!! :)

Oh, if you want to do the trade to get your own Aromatisse just say, you should have the dex entry for both though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Oh, if you want to do the trade to get your own Aromatisse just say, you should have the dex entry for both though.

Yeah, I’ll let you know! I’m going for a complete living dex so I want one of all :)

Getting both a Type:Null and a Sylvally will be hard this time I guess :)

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

Yeah, I’ll let you know! I’m going for a complete living dex so I want one of all :)

Getting both a Type:Null and a Sylvally will be hard this time I guess :)

Yeah, you'll have to wait until Sun and Moon transfer becomes available for that. No-one is giving away their Silvally.

58 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, you'll have to wait until Sun and Moon transfer becomes available for that. No-one is giving away their Silvally.

If that comes available with Pokemon Home at all. Still no details on that right?

36 minutes ago, markderoos said:

If that comes available with Pokemon Home at all. Still no details on that right?

Actually, we do know.

pokemon-home-release-date-which-games-ar

Simply put, Pokémon put into Bank can be transferred to Home, but it's a one-way trip. You can then move them into Sword/Shield, provided they exist in the Galar Pokédex. You'll want to be careful, transfer a Pokémon that doesn't exist in Sword and Shield, and it'll be stuck in Home until a new Pokémon game that features that Pokémon is released.

The interesting thing about this is that there are some Pokémon that exist in Sword and Shield's code, but can't be caught in the game. This might mean it's possible to transfer these specific Pokémon once this comes out.

Spoiler

Venusaur Family

Blastoise Family

Mewtwo

Mew

Celebi

Jirachi

Cobalion

Terrakion

Virizion

Reshiram

Zekrom

Kyurem

Keldeo

Decidueye Family

Incineroar Family

Primarina Family

Solgaleo/Lunala Family

Necrozma

Marshadow

Zeraora

Melmetal Family

Worth noting that @Ugh first aid already has a Mew, seeing as she got a Poke Ball Plus last Christmas.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:The interesting thing about this is that there are some Pokémon that exist in Sword and Shield's code, but can't be caught in the game. This might mean it's possible to transfer these specific Pokémon once this comes out.

I also saw some in game shots/animations of a

Spoiler

non-Galar Ponyta and Zigzagoon.

Together with your list is dead certain we’ll be getting more past generation Pokemon in SwSh