NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Cheers, link code is 0112. 

I'm searching, but you're not even appearing. And I can see @RedShell throwing away Pokémon with Surprise Trade.

Are you sure you've connected online?

• Haha 1

You might have to choose a different code @Ike I've got someone else that isn't you using the same code trying to give me a Farfetch'd I don't need.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm searching, but you're not even appearing. And I can see @RedShell throwing away Pokémon with Surprise Trade.

Are you sure you've connected online?

Oh, forgot to go online.

Cheers for that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Oh, forgot to go online.

Yep, thaaaaaaat's morning gaming!

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yep, thaaaaaaat's morning gaming!

Hah, yup. Thanks for the trade.

• Like 1

Your team is working out well in the Battle Tower, @Glen-i although I had this happen:

Rest of his team was weak to fire so Charizard handled the rest.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Can anyone recommend a decent guide for making competitive Pokémon in this game? 

You know what? I was thinking of doing one of my nerdy threads on how to go do exactly that. As well as general recommendations for setups for certain Pokemon anyone asks about.

So if you're willing to wait until this evening. I can give you everything you need to know.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You know what? I was thinking of doing one of my nerdy threads on how to go do exactly that. As well as general recommendations for setups for certain Pokemon anyone asks about.

So if you're willing to wait until this evening. I can give you everything you need to know.

Please post to the site too 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Your team is working out well in the Battle Tower, @Glen-i although I had this happen:

Rest of his team was weak to fire so Charizard handled the rest.

Awww... That's the worst. Battle Tower has always been notorious for that one Fissure/Horn Drill/Sheer Cold guy who gets lucky. Good thing you bounced back though.

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Please post to the site too 😉

Oh yeah, that never occurred to me. I'll still make a thread when it's done. For general questions about what sets would work for Pokémon people here would be interested in trying out.

A competetive team building guide would be really handy for me! I've not got much competetive experience, but once I complete the dex I'd like to build a decent team for battles.

Hey there sorry to be a pain. I'm just wondering if anyone might have a Hidden Ability ( magic bounce )  Hatterene available at all?  Sadly I have to head of to work right now but I'll be available after work ( which isn't till about 11:30pm )/ tomorrow. :'3 I very much appreciated it! 8D thank you very much! If it helps I have Hidden Ability corsola up the wazoo! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ugh first aid said:

Hey there sorry to be a pain. I'm just wondering if anyone might have a Hidden Ability ( magic bounce )  Hatterene available at all?  Sadly I have to head of to work right now but I'll be available after work ( which isn't till about 11:30pm )/ tomorrow. :'3 I very much appreciated it! 8D thank you very much! If it helps I have Hidden Ability corsola up the wazoo! 

Yeah, I've got one.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I've got one.

She's gone to work now, but she's left her Switch with me, so I can do the trade when you're ready.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

She's gone to work now, but she's left her Switch with me, so I can do the trade when you're ready.

I've bred one for her. Is Healer the ability it needs in its first evolution? If so, throw up a link code and fire a HA Corsola my way, please.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I've bred one for her. Is Healer the ability it needs in its first evolution? If so, throw up a link code and fire a HA Corsola my way, please.

No, it should be Magic Bounce.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

No, it should be Magic Bounce.

Weird. I bred the one with Magic Bounce with a Ditto. That should have passed it on, right?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Weird. I bred the one with Magic Bounce with a Ditto. That should have passed it on, right?

I think I may have been mistaken with the guaranteed chance. I think it's closer to 80%, sorry.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I think I may have been mistaken with the guaranteed chance. I think it's closer to 80%, sorry.

K. Got one now. 2709

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

K. Got one now. 2709

Thanks, she'll be thrilled. That's the 6th Pokémon needed for her team.

• Thanks 1

Just finished the story at 60h 48m, although I spent a lot of time in the Wild Area, and retraced my steps through Galar a couple of times. Anyway, excellent game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it's not over, next step is to complete the dex! :D

Oh and thinking about it, I totally forgot about the Gigantamax Snorlax, I better get trying to catch that too!

• Like 1

Started to wind down on the amount of time spent on this game now. I've beaten the post game storyline now so all that's really left to do is try to rank up in the Battle Tower and grind for BP. This is along with my traditional post game goal of training my entire team up to Level 100 but I feel that this is extremely easy to do now with EXP Candies so my focus will be on evolving all the Pokemon I've caught and helping to fill out the pages of the Pokedex.

Also trying to find a Salandit but they seem to be extremely difficult to find in this game, never mind the fact that I would have to get a Female one from the wild. Or just catch the first one and mass breed for a Female Salandit which I suppose is always an option, since this is a post game capture to fill the dex rather than a member for my in-game team.

Though, speaking of that I am trying to catch Pokemon that were on in-game teams in previous games and nickname them as the "Jr" or "2" of those Pokemon. They have the exact same movesets as the previous or at least close as possible to them with some improvements where necessary and they are taking up some of the boxed team slots. Which is why I want to try and get a Salandit.

• Like 1

Well today's the day Gigantamax Snorlax is available in raids. So I'll get working on that later. :D

Edited by Sckewi
  • Thanks 1