NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

So I just did some online battles, am getting destroyed over and over again, I finally win one and the opponent disconnects. :heh: And keep in mind that this is in casual mode! :laughing: 

Anyway, I’m noticing that a lot of people seem to use the exact same Pokémon/strategy when playing online, obviously the best ones, but I gotta say, it makes it kinda boring. :hmm: Especially after coming off the Battle Tower were there’s quite a bit of variation.

This game needs more silly trainers and Pokémon teams battling online! :hehe: 

*edit*

@Dcubed, just been having a good laugh at your Twitter posts about this game, hilarious stuff. :bowdown:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RedShell said:

So I just did some online battles, am getting destroyed over and over again, I finally win one and the opponent disconnects. :heh: And keep in mind that this is in casual mode! :laughing: 

Anyway, I’m noticing that a lot of people seem to use the exact same Pokémon/strategy when playing online, obviously the best ones, but I gotta say, it makes it kinda boring. :hmm: Especially after coming off the Battle Tower were there’s quite a bit of variation.

This game needs more silly trainers and Pokémon teams battling online! :hehe: 

*edit*

@Dcubed, just been having a good laugh at your Twitter posts about this game, hilarious stuff. :bowdown:

Is casual mode full of legendaries?

Because ranked mode bans them. Also, if the opponent disconnects in Ranked, they get penalised with a loss and a temporary ban.

Edited by Glen-i

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Is casual mode full of legendaries?

Because ranked mode bans them.

Doesn’t look like it, the only legendary I saw was my own Zamazenta. :grin: 

And yeah, unfortunately ranked mode also bans my Pikachu. :( 

Just now, RedShell said:

Doesn’t look like it, the only legendary I saw was my own Zamazenta. :grin: 

And yeah, unfortunately ranked mode also bans my Pikachu. :( 

Oh right, G-Max Pokemon are banned as well.

Next weeks online competition allows for G-Max Pokémon if you're interested in that. And you get 50 BP for entering.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Oh right, G-Max Pokemon are banned as well.

Next weeks online competition allows for G-Max Pokémon if you're interested in that. And you get 50 BP for entering.

Ah cool, I’ll probably check that out, yeah.

Been doing loads of surprise trades today (trying to increase my Poké lotto chances :hehe:) if I had a quid for every Dreepy that got sent my way I’d be a millionaire by now! :heh:
Also, people actually send out some really great Lv. 1 Pokémon on there, got so many with almost all perfect stats.

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Ah cool, I’ll probably check that out, yeah.

Been doing loads of surprise trades today (trying to increase my Poké lotto chances :hehe:) if I had a quid for every Dreepy that got sent my way I’d be a millionaire by now! :heh:
Also, people actually send out some really great Lv. 1 Pokémon on there, got so many with almost all perfect stats.

I have no luck with Surprise Trade. Magikarps and Route 1 Pokémon all the time.

It didn't happen in this game, but in Sun/Moon, I got a Lv 100 Magikarp through that.

That jerk spent the time to train that up just to annoy me.

I got a few Creepy today. Impidimp is quite popular as well. Hope they like Wooloo though. :heh:

1 minute ago, Ike said:

I got a few Creepy today. Impidimp is quite popular as well. Hope they like Wooloo though:heh:

You're the reason I don't like Surprise Trade!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You're the reason I don't like Surprise Trade!

I got a Feebas through it.  What's your problem? ;) 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

I was just taking my Surprise Trade anger out on that Maractus.

I don't know what your beef was, @RedShell. What did @Dcubed do to you?

EDIT: Also, holy hell, that damage was halved and it still almost killed my Charizard!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 3

Did @Dcubed seriously just get an Arctozolt from Surprise Trade!? He hasn't even got to the first gym yet!

Some people, I swear.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I don't know what your beef was, @RedShell. What did @Dcubed do to you?

EDIT: Also, holy hell, that damage was halved and it still almost killed my Charizard!

I really wanted to kill your Charizard. :D 

Think we might be just a little bit overpowered for 1 star Max Raid Battles... :laughing: 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Think we might be just a little bit overpowered for 1 star Max Raid Battles... :laughing: 

Only a bit.

Man, I wanted to do a lot more raiding today, but I was too busy breeding 6 good Pokémon and getting all the drug money together to make them competitive, that I just couldn't.

Still have to get the BP together for bottle caps and Nature mints as well. Gonna be a hectic week to get that done before the 5th of December.

Managed to breed 3 perfect Pokémon today, although their competitiveness may be up for debate. I need a skill capsule for one of them though.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Managed to breed 3 perfect Pokémon today, although their competitiveness may be up for debate. I need a skill capsule for one of them though.

If you want, I can give you the code for the team I used to get 33 victories in Battle Tower so you can rent that. That should get you some quick BP.

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got one. If I breed it will the ability be passed on to the offspring?

Thank you ever so much for the corviknight! :'3 alas thanks to work I've lacked time to get much done. ; 0 ; thank you once again! 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you want, I can give you the code for the team I used to get 33 victories in Battle Tower so you can rent that. That should get you some quick BP.

Ooh, yes please.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Ooh, yes please.

OK, let me just hyper train them for maximum awesome.

22 minutes ago, Ike said:

Ooh, yes please.

Okie dokie, here's the improved team ID number for you or anyone else to use.

Go to the VS. menu and select Battle Stadium. Then choose "Rental Teams", select "Manage teams you're renting" choose an empty spot to save the team and then enter this ID.

0000-0000-D56T-KD

As for using this Singles team, two things to note.

- Zamazenta is best sent out first to get a feel on what the opponent is like.

- If Charizard Dynamaxes, Choice Scarf won't lock you into a move until Dynamax runs out, but you still get the speed boost. Abuse this to get some easy revenge kills and boost stats or set up Wildfire.

Have fun!

EDIT: Sorry @Ike, forgot to change the nature of the third Pokémon to Modest. Fixed now, so I updated the code.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Only a bit.

Man, I wanted to do a lot more raiding today, but I was too busy breeding 6 good Pokémon and getting all the drug money together to make them competitive, that I just couldn't.

Still have to get the BP together for bottle caps and Nature mints as well. Gonna be a hectic week to get that done before the 5th of December.

Yeah, I’ve started breeding for a standard Pikachu now, so that I’ll be able to delight (and occasionally annoy :hehe:) people in ranked battles. Seeing as I have the shiny charm and a foreign Ditto, I figure I’ll go for a shiny too (even though shiny Pikachu is basically the same as normal :heh:) No luck so far, but I’m sure the millions of Pichu that I send out on Surprise Trade will bring joy to Pokémon trainers all over the world. :laughing: 

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I had no idea you could do this. Very cool. :cool: 

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Also, if the opponent disconnects in Ranked, they get penalised with a loss and a temporary ban.

Good to know. I wanted to play ranked yesterday really, but then discovered that half of my team was ineligible. Once I get a few replacements sorted I’ll check it out. I take it you actually get rewards for playing in ranked battles, right? They definitely dropped the ball by not giving you anything at all in casual mode. Hell, even if it was just a few berries or whatever, you should get something for playing it. :blank: 

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I had no idea you could do this. Very cool. :cool: 

Yeah, Sun/Moon introduced that. You can even use those teams in online matches. (Well, OK, you can't use that specific team I posted in most formats because of legendaries, but you get the point.)

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Good to know. I wanted to play ranked yesterday really, but then discovered that half of my team was ineligible. Once I get a few replacements sorted I’ll check it out. I take it you actually get rewards for playing in ranked battles, right? They definitely dropped the ball by not giving you anything at all in casual mode. Hell, even if it was just a few berries or whatever, you should get something for playing it. :blank: 

I'm not certain what you get for doing ranked, but @Serebii's site does confirm there are rewards for playing. (Probably better ones if you win)

Something to keep in mind is that the ranked battle rules changes every 2 months or so. So G-Max Pokémon may not be allowed now, but they could be in the future.

Sometimes they do some really wacky rules like "only Pokémon with 5 or more weaknesses allowed" Or Pokémon that have small heights only.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Anyone want to help me evolve my Rhydon?

I can quickly do that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I can quickly do that.

Cheers, link code is 0112.