NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Done. Thanks again for the tip. It’s great having such a clued-up and helpful Pokémon fan here. :bowdown:

Nah, it's nothing. That Excadrill you helped me catch has great stats, which helps me get off to a good start breeding a competitive one.

So I just did a Suprise Trade for the very first time. I skpped Gens 6 and 7, so I never did a Wonder Trade before either. Anyway, I sent a Farfetch'd holding a Leek, hoping it would help out a Shield Player. What do I receive, a Level 1 Magikarp of course! I must admit, it made me laugh lol. xD

4 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

So I just did a Suprise Trade for the very first time. I skpped Gens 6 and 7, so I never did a Wonder Trade before either. Anyway, I sent a Farfetch'd holding a Leek, hoping it would help out a Shield Player. What do I receive, a Level 1 Magikarp of course! I must admit, it made me laugh lol. xD

Could be worse, could be a Level 100 Magikarp that you can't evolve. Yes, people did that.

Except, this generation fixed that by letting you evolve Pokémon at level 100 by using a Rare Candy.

• Haha 2

@Glen-i, you weren’t kidding about Behemoth Bash! :o Crazy move. Looks awesome too! :cool: Already got me out of a few tricky situations in the battle tower.

Loving my powered up Pikachu too. It’s just a shame Pika’s defense is so bad. :hehe: 

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

That Excadrill you helped me catch has great stats, which helps me get off to a good start breeding a competitive one.

Good stuff. 

Is there any benefit to breeding a Pokémon with Best stats over simply Hyper Training them? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Is there any benefit to breeding a Pokémon with Best stats over simply Hyper Training them? 

Cheaper. Also, Hyper trained stats can't be passed on through breeding while "Best" ones can.

I aim for 4 Best IV's and then fill in the rest with Hyper Training. Feels pretty reasonable to do.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Pointless piece of paper GET! :D 

Thanks to everyone that helped out.

:peace:

Congratulations on your worthless piece of paper!

• Thanks 1

@RedShell, you should really get in the habit of using your G-Max Pikachu more when you go first.

That guaranteed paralysis makes it by far the most useful Pokemon I've teamed up with! It's bonkers!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@RedShell, you should really get in the habit of using your G-Max Pikachu more when you go first.

That guaranteed paralysis makes it by far the most useful Pokemon I've teamed up with! It's bonkers!

Yeah, the HP boost is very handy too. Will try to remember to use it. 

Just now, RedShell said:

Yeah, the HP boost is very handy too. Will try to remember to use it. 

Speaking of, have you used 10 Dynamax Candies on your Pikachu? That lets you double your HP instead of a 1.5 multiplier.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Speaking of, have you used 10 Dynamax Candies on your Pikachu? That lets you double your HP instead of a 1.5 multiplier.

Yep. ;) 

• Like 1

So after my loss of my shiny Purrloin, I decided to take some time out shiny hunting a Wooloo during play sessions because the whole Black sheep aesthetic was highly appealing to me and Wooloo is cute af. After 105 battles I finally got one and I'm feeling redemption. 

Image may contain: text
Image may contain: food

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So, @Ugh first aid and I are getting a competitive team ready for the online competition in just over a week from now.

@RedShell, she's inspired by your Corsola shenanigans and was wondering if you (or anyone else) happened to have one with the Cursed Body hidden ability.

EDIT: Never mind, one of her friends has one.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beat the Champion last night, gotta say it was a decent challenge.

Spoiler

The battle against Eternus was really cool as well.

Unlocked the judge function so ready start building a competitive team and working on completing the 'Dex.

• Like 1

Picked up Shield as it was down to 37 in Curry's. I look forward to playing it in 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Beat the Champion last night, gotta say it was a decent challenge.

End gamey stuff (Reveal hidden contents)

The battle against Eternus was really cool as well.

Unlocked the judge function so ready start building a competitive team and working on completing the 'Dex.

Yeah, Champion was the first time I really had to use some kind of strategy.

Spoiler

However, my Pangoro took out a couple of his Pokémon and then Gardevoir could take out a couple as well. So it wasn't down to the last Pokémon or anything but it was nice to fight someone with an unknown line-up and with a varied typing combination.

59 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, @Ugh first aid would appreciate a Mirror Armour Corviknight if anyone has one.

I've got one. If I breed it will the ability be passed on to the offspring?

• Thanks 2

Spoiler

The ironic thing is that his Charizard is actually his worst Pokémon by far. Any other Pokémon would have been a serious threat when Dynamaxed, but no, he's gotta Dynamax Charizard because Gen 1.

I laughed so hard when I had a genuinely good fight with him, until I one shotted the Charizard.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got one. If I breed it will the ability be passed on to the offspring?

If you breed it with a Ditto, you're guaranteed to pass a hidden ability on.
Otherwise, it's 50% chance.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:
  Champion Fight (Reveal hidden contents)

The ironic thing is that his Charizard is actually his worst Pokémon by far. Any other Pokémon would have been a serious threat when Dynamaxed, but no, he's gotta Dynamax Charizard because Gen 1.

I laughed so hard when I had a genuinely good fight with him, until I one shotted the Charizard.

If you breed it with a Ditto, you're guaranteed to pass a hidden ability on.
Otherwise, it's 50% chance.

Bred it with a Ditto but 5 eggs have all spawned Rookidees with Big Pecks ability.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Bred it with a Ditto but 5 eggs have all spawned Rookidees with Big Pecks ability.

Yep, that's the hidden ability. It changes when it evolves.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Yep, that's the hidden ability. It changes when it evolves.

Ah. Well I've got 5 for her. :p 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Ah. Well I've got 5 for her. :p 

1 will do.

I'll open a room. Code is 4829.

EDIT: OK, I keep getting a Japanese player, changing it to 6821

Edited by Glen-i