NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@RedShell I've now got a bunch ready for you. I've attached 4 fossils (2 of each) to some of the Pokemon so you should be able to create the ones you are missing.

Let me know when you're ready.

Cool, thanks. :) 

I’m online right now, hook me up with the code.

Wow, the fossils are ugly Pokémon designs in this game!

Just finished the semifinals tonight. Was severely overlevelled with all my Pokémon and my Pangoro took out half the enemies, I think.

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Isn't that kinda the point?

Just now, Glen-i said:

Isn't that kinda the point?

Then I missed the point. Aerodactyl, Cranidos, Shieldon and that other T-Rex-spin-off look really good. The ones in Sword/Shield look... crazy weird. And not in a good sense.

5 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Then I missed the point. Aerodactyl, Cranidos, Shieldon and that other T-Rex-spin-off look really good. The ones in Sword/Shield look... crazy weird. And not in a good sense.

Well, the difference this time is that you're mashing two unrelated fossils together to make an unholy abomination. As opposed to the usual method of reviving one fossil.

Edited by Glen-i

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Just finished the semifinals tonight. Was severely overlevelled with all my Pokémon and my Pangoro took out half the enemies, I think.

I feel really bad about the one I got, kinda feel like turning it back into a fossil would be the kindest thing to do.

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, once I realised that, I decided to just use a mint instead. I recommend that you do the same.

I got the nature I wanted after a couple of resets, thankfully. Can hopefully finish the story now. :laughing:

38 minutes ago, Ike said:

I feel really bad about the one I got, kinda feel like turning it back into a fossil would be the kindest thing to do.

It's Arctozolt, isn't it?

You monster...

EKg3Jh2VAAAozbx?format=jpg&name=large

All done, time to fully work on that competitive team!

Thanks to everyone who helped, if anyone needs anything bred, just give me a shout.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

EKg3Jh2VAAAozbx?format=jpg&name=large

All done, time to fully work on that competitive team!

Thanks to everyone who helped, if anyone needs anything bred, just give me a shout.

Congratulations on your useless piece of paper. :p 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Is that Gigantimax Snorlax and other unreleased event Pokémon already in the games code, or can we look forward to some more surprises in the future?

6 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Is that Gigantimax Snorlax and other unreleased event Pokémon already in the games code, or can we look forward to some more surprises in the future?

I think they are already in the games code. If you head over to Serebii's site and check the G-Max section there are a couple of others that have yet to be released that are already being shown.

Awww that's a shame. Would be great if they could add Pokemon species as data rather than requiring an update. Then you could technically battle or trade anyone with a Pokemon species you don't have yet, receive the data and continue without having to update your game.

By the way, can anyone help me with the following?

If you get the latest Wild Area News, is the current Wild Area News saved to your save data? Or do you have to do it EVERY time you start the game. (I do get that you'd need to update if there IS new Wild Area News, what I'm asking is if the one you most recently got stays or is deleted if you quit the game, if that makes sense).

And also, in Max Raids, is there a way to tell if you already got the dex data for this Pokemon? I have a terrible memory and keep catching duplicates. xD

Edited by Sckewi

@RedShell, had a quick peek at your Pikachu just now. Notice it's holding a Magnet.

Perfectly fine item, of course. But there's an item called Light Ball that actually doubles Pikachu's Sp. Atk. It's the quintessential item for it.

The best way to get one would be to catch a wild Pikachu that's holding one. If you have a Pokémon with the ability "Super Luck" (Unfezant is a good shout) at the front of your party, then the chance of a Pikachu having a Light Ball increases.

The only problem there is that you have Shield, so Pikachus are stupid rare.
You might have to ask someone with Sword to help you with this.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@RedShell, had a quick peek at your Pikachu just now. Notice it's holding a Magnet.

Perfectly fine item, of course. But there's an item called Light Ball that actually doubles Pikachu's Sp. Atk. It's the quintessential item for it.

The best way to get one would be to catch a wild Pikachu that's holding one. If you have a Pokémon with the ability "Super Luck" (Unfezant is a good shout) at the front of your party, then the chance of a Pikachu having a Light Ball increases.

The only problem there is that you have Shield, so Pikachus are stupid rare.
You might have to ask someone with Sword to help you with this.

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip. :) 

25 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip. :) 

Got a light ball! You want it? Yeah, you do. Got one on @Ugh first aid's game.

I'll trade with you after this raid. Code will be 2581.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Got a light ball! You want it? Yeah, you do. Got one on @Ugh first aid's game.

I'll trade with you after this raid. Code will be 2581.

Nice one, cheers. :cool: 

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Nice one, cheers. :cool: 

Enjoy your positively murderous Pikachu!

Back to raiding for me now!

• Haha 1

So with max raiding in the wild area, how does it exactly work with friends? I noticed @Glen-ijoining me a lot, do you get a pop up that one of your friends is raiding?

By the way, nice nickname for your Obstagoon, I was going to do the same :grin:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

So with max raiding in the wild area, how does it exactly work with friends? I noticed @Glen-ijoining me a lot, do you get a pop up that one of your friends is raiding?

By the way, nice nickname for your Obstagoon, I was going to do the same :grin:

Pretty much, but you can't join raids that are a higher star rank than you are at. So if I did a 5-star one, you wouldn't be able to join until you saw the credits.
On the Y-menu, there's an option called "Search Stamps", I filter my stamps through the "Friends Only" function, and it prioritises stamps that your friends post.

Thanks, honestly, if you don't name an Obstagoon after one of the KISS members, you're doing it wrong.

• Like 1

@RedShell, I highly recommend you teach your Zamazenta Iron Head. When it has that item equipped, Iron Head changes to Behemoth Bash, by far their best move. 100 power, gets a same-type attack boost of 50% and does double damage to Dynamaxed Pokémon.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@RedShell, I highly recommend you teach your Zamazenta Iron Head. When it has that item equipped, Iron Head changes to Behemoth Bash, by far their best move. 100 power, gets a same-type attack boost of 50% and does double damage to Dynamaxed Pokémon.

Done. Thanks again for the tip. It’s great having such a clued-up and helpful Pokémon fan here. :bowdown: