NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Hyper Beams animation is really good.

Got my 8th badge, how long until I can caught the box art dog?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Hyper Beams animation is really good.

Got my 8th badge, how long until I can caught the box art dog?

Not until you've seen the credits and even then it's an hour or so after that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not until you've seen the credits and even then it's an hour or so after that.

Oh, nice. Don't have to worry about that for a bit then.

I'm actually grinding up my team for that just now. Tried to catch it earlier but Zacian absolutely destroyed my team so I felt like the 5 level deposit was too much. Grinding up to his level so that my Pokemon don't get wiped out in one shot.

Shield players may have a better time with trying to have a team that lives against Zamazenta because Zacian's already powerful attack gets boosted by it's own ability so no wonder my team got destroyed.

2 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

I'm actually grinding up my team for that just now. Tried to catch it earlier but Zacian absolutely destroyed my team so I felt like the 5 level deposit was too much. Grinding up to his level so that my Pokemon don't get wiped out in one shot.

Shield players may have a better time with trying to have a team that lives against Zamazenta because Zacian's already powerful attack gets boosted by it's own ability so no wonder my team got destroyed.

Trust me on this, Shield players have a harder time in the end.

• Like 1

Anyone up for a in-game team battle? I've got about an hour period or so from when I'm posting this when I can record battle footage on Elgato.

1 minute ago, GenericAperson said:

Anyone up for a in-game team battle? I've got about an hour period or so from when I'm posting this when I can record battle footage on Elgato.

I'll take up that challenge.

I'll set up a room with the same rules I had yesterday.

Dynamax or no Dynamax?

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, GenericAperson said:

OK, I've set up my Elgato. Code is 4258.

Dynamax or no?

Yeah, you seized the momentum immediately and I just wasn't able to recover. Didn't realise Boltund could be that fast.

Well done.

Edited by Glen-i

Good game Glen. I don't blame you for not expecting Mud Shot on an Intelleon either.

Another match or are you good?

Just now, GenericAperson said:

Good game Glen. I don't blame you for not expecting Mud Shot on an Intelleon either.

Another match or are you good?

Yeah, that was nuts. What a weird move to use, worked though.

Afraid I don't have time now. But maybe next week?

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, that was nuts. What a weird move to use, worked though.

Afraid I don't have time now. But maybe next week?

That's fine. It was fun, I'll edit the video so that I can cut out the in between turns section and put some music over it or something.

Anyone else up for a battle?

EDIT: @Glen-i How did you get titles for your Pokemon during the battle?

Edited by GenericAperson

40 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

That's fine. It was fun, I'll edit the video so that I can cut out the in between turns section and put some music over it or something.

Anyone else up for a battle?

EDIT: @Glen-i How did you get titles for your Pokemon during the battle?

Ribbons in this game can be equipped to give your Pokémon titles.

Go to the ribbons page on your Pokémon's stat screen and choose one. It shows what title a ribbon gives on the bottom left of that screen.

If you're lucky, some Pokémon will have a special kind of Ribbon called a "mark" These provide a title based on how or when you caught it.

It seems to be completely random if a Pokémon has one.

Edited by Glen-i

I've reached and beaten the sixth gym now and am continuing along Route 9. So far, it feels like a Pokémon game but there isn't much to do in the game, is there? You can either catch Pokémon or progress the Gym Challenge and that's it - no side quests or caves with interesting Pokémon or items. And catching Pokémon gets kind of boring or frustrating quickly sincee you have next to no power over the process once the Pokémon gets to the red area and has a status condition.

I've also been surprised at the lack of legendaries or pseudo-legendaries. 

My team at the moment, all just short of level 50:

Spoiler

Inteleon - quite a strong attacker with a cool look
Pangoro - one-shots most lower levelled Pokémon
Gardevoir - fairy/psychic is a strong combination
Chandelure - ghost/fire is useful but it lacks a good fire attack at the moment - haven't found Flamethrower yet
Boltund - speedy with a high physical attack stat is deadly
Nusleaf - subject to change as I already have a Dark Pokémon on the team

41 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Good fights against the giant cake and bearded crab last night, @RedShell. :D Did you manage to snag either of them?

Got the crab, but not the giant cake unfortunately. :hehe: I often miss out on the giant Pokémon though, thanks to my standard Poké Ball obsession. I’ll get there though... eventually. :grin:

How is everyone going about organising their Pokémon boxes on this? I didn’t really pay much attention to it initially and now my collection is all over the shop! :o 

The search feature seems pretty useless too as it only highlights Pokémon, rather than give you a list.
I have a lot of duplicates from surprise trade, and they seem to have accumulated in different boxes, all mixed up with the Pokémon that I’ve caught myself.

Looks like it’ll be a right nightmare to sort out now. :shakehead

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Got the crab, but not the giant cake unfortunately. :hehe: I often miss out on the giant Pokémon though, thanks to my standard Poké Ball obsession. I’ll get there though... eventually. :grin:

How is everyone going about organising their Pokémon boxes on this? I didn’t really pay much attention to it initially and now my collection is all over the shop! :o 

The search feature seems pretty useless too as it only highlights Pokémon, rather than give you a list.
I have a lot of duplicates from surprise trade, and they seem to have accumulated in different boxes, all mixed up with the Pokémon that I’ve caught myself.

Looks like it’ll be a right nightmare to sort out now. :shakehead

I spent an hour cleaning my boxes up once I had completed the Pokedex. It was a nightmare but I've now got them all arranged in the order they appear in the Dex. 

Theh really need to add an auto clean up feature to the thing. You should be able to get them in order of type or Pokdex entry at the click of a button. 

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

I haven't started sorting yet as I'm not that far in the game, but in previous games I would sort them by type, and a separate box for legendaries and favourites.

I finished the first gym yesterday. The challenge is a nice mix up, and the battle in the stadium feels more epic than regular gym battles especially thanks to the soundtrack.

Had some fun in the Wild Area before that, and I really like the mix they have now between Pokémon walking around and random encounters. Stuff like Surprise Trade is nice as well, especially when someone decides to send you a Sobble. :grin:

For the rest it feels really linear. And the constant roadblocks are bloody annoying. I prefer the HM method a lot over this "you can't go this way because of X reason". 

So far better than Ultra Moon, but I have a feeling this will be my almost least favourite entry in the series. But to be honest I think one of the main reasons is that I just feel the series has gone stale and I am done with it.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 1

My only organisation so far is putting all my Synchronise Ralts into a single box. I know mints are a thing now but my OCD wants to have the correct nature whenever possible.

You can press Y to change the selection mode in a box from single to "multi" (which I'm not sure that does, might not be the correct name) or group.

Now 6 badges in and proceeded to the town where you get the 7th.

I don't want to finish the story too quickly though, so I'm now roaming the Wild Area for a bit again, and since I have the bike upgrade, I'll probably retrace my steps through Galar once again once I've spent more time in the Wild Area. Hopefully find some stuff I missed or couldn't get to before.

With regard to boxes, I'm currently storing "special Pokemon", like Mystery Gift, traded and one off Pokemon in Box 8, and everything else is just going in the order I catch them. xD I'm probably going to reorder and use Boxes 1 and 2 specials soon. Once I start properly trying to fill the dex, I'll probably order them by dex number from Box 3 onward at that point.

6 hours ago, Ike said:

My only organisation so far is putting all my Synchronise Ralts into a single box.

This guy gets it. Got a similar box with Abras in Ultra Sun.

Apart from that, I order boxes with typings. Separate box for Legendaries, Gigantimax and Shiny Pokémon.

The rest is where I make sure any new Pokémon I get go by making sure the PC is one of those boxes before closing it.

I have not bothered to properly organise my boxes since Gen 4. With each new Pokemon game that comes around my interest in naming the boxes and organising them has become less and less.

I used to have a "Pokemon League" box on Pearl where I created my own version of the Pokemon League and I also used to have general naming themes for the boxes but stopped doing that long ago. Maybe I should start it again as of this generation.

• Like 1