NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

Learn from my experience, if you go to evolve Inkay, keep in mind that it won't work if any other controllers are connected.

Wasted a bit of time before finding that out.

Gigantamax Butterfree chance on my end.

5 minute warning for @RedShell and @Sméagol.

EDIT: Starting the room without a code due to no response. Get in there quick.

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, RedShell said:

Lol. This butterfly is a right bastard. :laughing: 

It never goes for me, it's like it knows I'm super defensive!

Jezus, haha, that went well. That Butterfree is a right pain in the ass! Any suggestions for what Pokémon to use? I don't have many rock type Pokémon.

Just now, Sméagol said:

Jezus, haha, that went well. That Butterfree is a right pain in the ass! Any suggestions for what Pokémon to use? I don't have many rock type Pokémon.

Fire, Flying, electric.

Gonna get @Ugh first aid to help.The CPU is a liability.

• Like 1

And of course, we do it the moment @Sméagol doesn't join.

I caught it though, which makes this my second one. If any of you need it, I'm willing to give it away.

Ah crap, did I miss it? I was catching something else and checking my pokémon in the meantime.. Was considering leveling up that solrock just for this (I did think it looked cool haha), otherwise I'd have sent my CorviKnight.

Oh god, @RedShell Giant Salazzle! Don't let the children see!

Gigantimax Corviknight, maybe. Hard to tell from the silhouette

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

I've been catching stuff in various places, collecting eggs, and hatching them. I have a bunch of Pichus and Farfetch'ds if anyone wants one. @Glen-i, I found another Axew and another Passimian. I've been breeding them, so should have spares next time. This weekend maybe, but I don't know what my plans are. I actually already got a spare Axew, but I forgot to switch it out, so it gained 19 levels in one go, and wanted to learn a bunch of moves. I also fought its last evolution, looks pretty cool.

I've also been collecting watts for the diggers, trying to find new fossils, but didn't get any new ones. Got a whole bunch of evolution stones though..

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I've also been collecting watts for the diggers, trying to find new fossils, but didn't get any new ones. Got a whole bunch of evolution stones though..

I've got loads of Fossilised Fishes and Drakes if you need some of those, pretty sure those are hard to come by in Sword.

Would like some Dinos and Birds in return.

Edited by Glen-i

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I've got loads of Fossilised Fishes and Drakes if you need some of those, pretty sure those are hard to come by in Sword.

Would like some Dinos and Birds in return.

Sure, we'll trade them next time when I have the pokemon hatched ok? I just quit the game.

And yes, I've been googleing.. Seems the fossils should be version exclusive? But I had a fish fossil, and I'm pretty sure I got that from the diggers. But perhaps I'm mistaken, and got it through some other means..

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Sure, we'll trade them next time when I have the pokemon hatched ok? I just quit the game.

And yes, I've been googleing.. Seems the fossils should be version exclusive? But I had a fish fossil, and I'm pretty sure I got that from the diggers. But perhaps I'm mistaken, and got it through some other means..

No, I got a Dino one once, they're just really rare on my version. I imagine the same is true for you with my common ones.

Edited by Glen-i

Just passed the 11 hour mark, and now have six badges. While I'm not quite feeling the excitement I might have a few years ago for this game still, I'm starting have a real warm and cosy time with it, which is what I was hoping for. Loving some of the new Pokémon designs, as well as some of the Galarian forms. Had a lot spoiled for me trying to figure out how to evolve one of my current team members, but alas, it's not that big of a deal, because I'm getting to that point in the game where I want my party ready for the final stretch, so I ended up doing a bit of research and have a few picked out to keep an eye out for. I also really loved how they changed things up on that fifth badge.

Oh, and all I'm going to say is that the two minutes or so we spent with Howse in that hotel room should have been the type of underhanded humour we got throughout the game, or at least in longer and more frequent bursts, as it genuinely forced a smile out of me. 

Even with my head now turning the other was, I do want to place a special emphasis on how poorly paced I think the opening 5 hours or so of the game were - the game since getting the third badge has been much closer in pace to the typical Pokémon experience, albeit a much easier one; as pointed out several times here, the constant party heals and handing out of items is a bit much. It was so slow that I turned off battle animations for the first time in my life. 

Also want to scream from the rooftops that it's nuts not being able to wear the different uniforms we can buy in/receive from the gyms (EDIT: in the gyms themselves) - what the heck is up with that?!

Edited by Julius

18 minutes ago, Julius said:

Also want to scream from the rooftops that it's nuts not being able to wear the different uniforms we can buy/receive the gyms - what the heck is up with that?!

Wait, but you can? You just go to a changing room in a boutique and choose the uniform on the rightmost tab.

You can even wear separate parts of it in case you like only one piece. I'm currently wearing the Flying Uniform Shoes as part of my outfit.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wait, but you can? You just go to a changing room in a boutique and choose the uniform on the rightmost tab.

You can even wear separate parts of it in case you like only one piece. I'm currently wearing the Flying Uniform Shoes as part of my outfit.

Thought I clarified further in my post, but clearly not reading back through, that's probably a sign I should put the game down for tonight :p the part missing is:

Also want to scream from the rooftops that it's nuts not being able to wear the different uniforms we can buy in/receive from the gyms in the gyms themselves - what the heck is up with that?!

• Haha 1

I specifically bought the ghost uniform for that purpose early in the game. I was thoroughly disappointed. I don't want to wear it outside of arenas.

I also wish there was more customisation for your bike outfit. Don't like that either.

• Like 1

Ditto @Sméagol, but for the ice uniform. Could've spent that money on a nice jacket... :indeed: totally agree about the cycling outfit too

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised we can't just customise our uniform like it's a kit creator in a football game. Throw in a few base designs, let us decide the primary and secondary colours, and their in some Pokémon designs and endorsements, and we'd be good to go. What sense does it make to have the player tied down to a uniform linked to only one particular type, unless you were a rare instance of someone running their team that way? ::shrug:

Also, another minor customisation thing: why do we pay for hair colour/styling changes before seeing what we're even paying for? I turned off auto-save and reset a few times just to get a decent idea of what my character's hairstyle and colour was going to be! And why can't we try clothes combinations on before purchasing them from the store, as opposed to having to buy them one at a time and before seeing what they look like together? Unless I'm doing something wrong...

Aaaaaaah, I've opened a whole can of worms! 

It is done. All 400 Pokemon seen and caught!

Special thanks to the people on here and Era for the trades. Good thing about this is that it benefits everyone on here because I can now breed whatever people are needing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It is done. All 400 Pokemon seen and caught!

Special thanks to the people on here and Era for the trades. Good thing about this is that it benefits everyone on here because I can now breed whatever people are needing.

Congratulations on your meaningless piece of paper!

Glad to have helped.

I was only asking for Pokémon that Sword players could get, but I may have to update that list if you're kindly offering.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Congratulations on your meaningless piece of paper!

So I take it you dont want yours then? :p 

• Haha 2

Seeing as a fair few of us have seen the credits rolled now, would anyone be interested in a Champions Battle with me?

It's something @Ugh first aid and I always do when we both finish the game.

Simply put, it's a battle with these restrictions.

• Standard ruleset (All Pokémon set to Lv 50, no legendaries)
  • The 6 Pokémon you use must be the 6 you used on the final battle before the credits rolled.

Yeah, it's pretty straightforward. I find it fun to compare teams that aren't even remotely competitive.

Give me a shout if anyone is interested.