NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

The game arrived about an hour ago. They included a tiny Pikachu haha (though I should have gone with the bundle that comes with a starter plushie..).

I chose Sobble. I named him @Glen-i.

No I'm kidding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

The game arrived about an hour ago. They included a tiny Pikachu haha (though I should have gone with the bundle that comes with a starter plushie..).

I chose Sobble. I named him @Glen-i.

No I'm kidding.

God damn it! I called mine Leon too for precisely the same reason!

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

Haha! That's amazing!

To be honest not many other famous chameleons came to mind, but it didn't matter as I thought it was fitting anyway..

• Like 1

FINALLY ARRIVED! :D Proceeded to start playing Pokemon Sword and pick Grookey. I spent ages resetting for an Adamant Nature (I know about the mints but idk when you actually get them. Anyway, caught a few Pokemon and now I've just reached the first Pokemon Center. Next I'm going to try and figure out if/how I can start a new game twice on Shield so I can send the other two starters to my Sword save. (Also am I the only one that felt sorry for the starter that's not picked for the moment before Leon takes it? xD)

14 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Next I'm going to try and figure out if/how I can start a new game twice on Shield so I can send the other two starters to my Sword save. (Also am I the only one that felt sorry for the starter that's not picked for the moment before Leon takes it? xD)

If you don't have two Switches, you'll need someone online to help you.

I don't mind doing that if you want.

So I named the squirrel Berri, the little blue bird Falco, and the sheep is Shaun of course.

I also spent most of my money in the boutique haha. I just love customisation. I'll be spending a lot of money on clothes..

59 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

(Also am I the only one that felt sorry for the starter that's not picked for the moment before Leon takes it? xD)

No.. :p

Edited by Sméagol

58 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

FINALLY ARRIVED! :D Proceeded to start playing Pokemon Sword and pick Grookey. I spent ages resetting for an Adamant Nature (I know about the mints but idk when you actually get them. Anyway, caught a few Pokemon and now I've just reached the first Pokemon Center. Next I'm going to try and figure out if/how I can start a new game twice on Shield so I can send the other two starters to my Sword save. (Also am I the only one that felt sorry for the starter that's not picked for the moment before Leon takes it? xD)

I wanted Adamant as well but got Lonely after my first reset so settled with that, couldn't be bothered with all the cutscenes afterwards. Can make it a mixed attacker at least.

And yeah, I felt sorry for it as well. :laughing:

Bought the game today and played a considerable amount. I've just finished the Gym opening ceremony and about to head towards the first gym challenge. Already obtained half of my final team that I intend to use for the rest of the game, assuming one of the Pokemon I obtained is the pre-evo of Corviknight. If it isn't, I will have to change track.

That Pokemon was never officially revealed so my team will be boxed in a Spoiler but if anyone wants to know what I've got so far, feel free to expand the box below.

EJbETz3VUAA6qRN.jpg

I just beat a level 31 Haunter with a level 10 Wooloo (and another early game 'mon)! :laughing:

• Like 1

Oh, BTW. If anyone wants to swap cards with me, use Y-Comm and set the link code to 4444.

I kinda want to collect N-E's cards.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Oh, BTW. If anyone wants to swap cards with me, use Y-Comm and set the link code to 4444.

I kinda want to collect N-E's cards.

I'm not ignoring you, the game won't let me yet.

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm not ignoring you, the game won't let me yet.

Nah, it's cool. You need to get to the town after the wild area first.

But the cool thing is that I can keep the search going while I play the game. So whenever anyone is ready with a card, they can just enter that code and when I'm not in a battle, it'll let me know.

OK, 4444 is too obvious of a code, loads of people are guessing it.

So I'm making my trade card code 4129 instead.

37 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, it's cool. You need to get to the town after the wild area first.

But the cool thing is that I can keep the search going while I play the game. So whenever anyone is ready with a card, they can just enter that code and when I'm not in a battle, it'll let me know.

I figured as much but I've been having exploring the wild area too much.

Just now, Ike said:

I figured as much but I've been having exploring the wild area too much.

Well, if you decide to try a max raid, I'll join in.

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, if you decide to try a max raid, I'll join in.

Just got my league card, but I'm up for trying a max raid.

Just now, Ike said:

Just got my league card, but I'm up for trying a max raid.

Well, give me your card first, then we'll do a raid.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, give me your card first, then we'll do a raid.

I got yours, how do we join a max raid then?

Just now, Ike said:

I got yours, how do we join a max raid then?

See those red glowing spots? Go examine one, and then I can join you through Y-Comm

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

See those red glowing spots? Go examine one, and then I can join you through Y-Comm

Want to keep going?

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, sure.

Cool. Gonna go heal. Just got Drill Peck'd by a Delibird.

• Haha 1

Raid battles have potential to be quite fun if there happens to be tougher Pokémon later on.

I should carry on though. I'll join in if I happen to notice anyone on my friend list start a raid, but it depends on if I'm in a battle/cutscene or not. So don't be offended if I miss it.

I’m really not getting the online setup on this game. It seems pointlessly convoluted. Would’ve much preferred a bog-standard friends list. ::shrug:

The game itself is great though, been having a lot of fun exploring and discovering new Pokémon. :)