NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

So disappointed to see that stuff has leaked. However, I am going to be vigilant about it and not click on any clickbait videos that are talking about exactly what has been leaked. Some are nuanced so far...

..but I do have the feeling that a certain Verlisify will go out of his way to spoil it for clickbait...

On the one hand, I'm not fussed about spoilers for Pokémon. On the other hand, I'm kind of excited to see hundreds of Pokémon for the first time in-game, so I won't be checking all the news and rumours anymore. I still have have some (.. hundreds of) suprises left. I did see Chandelure in that trailer (or rather the thumbnail of that trailer, didn't actually watch it). I chose a Litwick for one of @ReZourceman's Pokémafias (talking about a blast from the past), it's cool to finally be able to catch one!

Christ Gamefreak, what is that fire starter? You just aren't trying any more are you?

11 hours ago, bob said:

Christ Gamefreak, what is that fire starter? You just aren't trying any more are you?

Whenever someone complains about a fire starter, it's normally a sure fire sign that I'll probably like it.

Incineroar, Emboar, Infernape, those three are my favourite starters of their respective generations, yet get absolutely lambasted for their designs.

Of course, the actual reason for a lot of the complaints is because they happen to be anthropomorphic.

Which is mad, because Incineroar alone has the most character out of any starter ever.

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So fear not, you can still endlessly soft-reset for perfect natures/IVs @Glen-i ;) 

I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the most relieved I've ever been when it comes to this game.

That said, get with the times! Since Ultra Sun, I've only needed to reset for natures thanks to Hyper Training.

And now I'm worried that they'll drop that feature here.

Just looking on the usual sites for news, both Go Nintendo and Nintendo Everything are sharing news about the leaks but they haven't shown anything in the headers for the news so it looks like at the moment, you won't be spoiled unless you click on the actual articles, though I can't say the same for other sites though where I'm sure they'll be sharing every detail but hopefully a lot of them will just put a generic thumbnail up so you don't actually see anything new unless you investigate further byt clicking the article.

I won't be posting any leaks and neither will N-Europe in general, so no need to worry here. :D

- - - - -

About all that EV training... I have a vague idea about it but with the exp share being on all the time with no way to turn it off, I take it that if you want good EV's for each creature then I suppose you have no choice but to reset them and train for better ones, it's a shame that they don't just make it the whole exp sharing optional, playing through the second generation games again at the moment makes me realise that although they are limited in comparison to the newer entries, at least you had more control over everything.

As far as the EXP Share goes, I'm OCD about my Pokemon's levels, they all must be in or around the same level as each other. So, to avoid one being massively overlevelled compared to another I am going to be leaving just the lowest levels in the party to help everyone get up to standard.

6 hours ago, S.C.G said:

About all that EV training... I have a vague idea about it but with the exp share being on all the time with no way to turn it off, I take it that if you want good EV's for each creature then I suppose you have no choice but to reset them and train for better ones, it's a shame that they don't just make it the whole exp sharing optional, playing through the second generation games again at the moment makes me realise that although they are limited in comparison to the newer entries, at least you had more control over everything.

The series has made great strides to simplify the process of EV training since the 6th generation.

Sun/Moon, for example, has the Isle Pelago feature, where you can leave a Pokémon there, specify what stat you want to train, how many points you want it to aim for (whether it be just 1, or all 63) and then bugger off and do something else until it's done. You don't even have to have the game running for it to do its work.

The only thing you had to know before hand was that each Pokemon could only have a total of 127 bonus stat points through EV training (so you can't have every stat get the extra 63, you have to decided which stats are best for what you're going for).

It was very easy to get a competitively viable Pokémon if you used this stuff, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a similar feature in Sword/Shield.

• Thanks 1

There has to be a Pokémon Direct coming soon right, probably next week sometime? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

28 minutes ago, Tim B said:

There has to be a Pokémon Direct coming soon right, probably next week sometime? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

I mean, personally, I hope not. They've managed to keep much more under wraps than with some of their more recent releases, helped a lot by the lack of a demo for the game (thank Arceus for that), and I look forward to exploring and finding out more for myself when the game launches. I think we've probably got an awesome trailer and a few TV spots left to release before launch.

I don't recall any Pokémon Directs airing this late on for previous games, and honestly, I don't think they've got to much gain by airing one at this point, besides spoiling some of the fun of the game. Everyone who's going to be onboard for these games (i.e. the majority of Switch owners) is already onboard, either for release day or Christmas. 

On 11/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, Dcubed said:

Ultimately there's nothing they can really do other than blacklist and take legal action against those who do end up dumping and distributing review copies of games.  That's if they can even figure out who did the deed in the first place.

The only alternative is to just not give review copies out; and that's not really much of an alternative is it?

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-has-caught-the-culprit-behind-the-pokemon-sword-and-shield-leaks/

Whelp! Looks like they did indeed find out who did the deed...

giphy.gif

You are already dead...

• Like 3

Now would be a great time for someone at N-E Staff to drop a hint that we would never break embargo like that.

• Haha 1

Is there a full list kicking about yet that shows which Pokemon are exclusive to which version? I'm pretty sure i'll be getting Sword but exclusive Pokemon may be able to sway me.

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is there a full list kicking about yet that shows which Pokemon are exclusive to which version? I'm pretty sure i'll be getting Sword but exclusive Pokemon may be able to sway me.

https://www.polygon.com/pokemon-sword-shield-guide/2019/11/5/20947831/pokemon-sword-shield-exclusives-list-ponyta-farfetchd-tyranitar-zamazenta-zacian

Erm... so they state that it's a complete list in the headline and then goes on to say that this is what they know "so far".... bad Polygon, bad! So I guess you'd have to go to the leaks to see if there is anything there.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

https://www.polygon.com/pokemon-sword-shield-guide/2019/11/5/20947831/pokemon-sword-shield-exclusives-list-ponyta-farfetchd-tyranitar-zamazenta-zacian

Erm... so they state that it's a complete list in the headline and then goes on to say that this is what they know "so far".... bad Polygon, bad! So I guess you'd have to go to the leaks to see if there is anything there.

From that list there's not much between the two. I'm trying to avoid any news that has come from the leaks, so that list will have to do for now. Thanks.

Yeah, I agree. It's a good trailer with almost no Dynamaxing-stuff in it, very much contrary to the previous three trailers or so... I really wish they hadn't included that in the games, it really puts me off.