NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

12 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

That would explain it, thanks @Glen-i :D I was totally getting the two mixed up.

It's not your fault, they are really badly named.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

It's not your fault, they are really badly named.

Oh, there's certainly no denying that. I already miss Mega Evolutions.

BTW, if anyone is worried that they'll miss out on getting the OP Pikachu or Eevee from Let's GO, don't be, it won't be the same Pokémon, you'll just get a Pikachu/Eevee for having save data on your Switch.

It's gonna be a seperate Pikachu/Eevee that can use the Gigantamax form.
Competitively speaking, they'll be next to useless, because if you want to evolve any of them, you'll lose that form, and Pikachu and Eevee (and Meowth) have rubbish stats, so you'd be better off Gigantamaxing something else.

Can I just point how Charizard now officially has 4 forms!

6.png 6-mx.png  6-my.png gigantamaxcharizard.png

For once, the people who complain that "Pokémon is turning into Digimon" actually might be right.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

BTW, if anyone is worried that they'll miss out on getting the OP Pikachu or Eevee from Let's GO, don't be, it won't be the same Pokémon, you'll just get a Pikachu/Eevee for having save data on your Switch.

Competitively speaking, they'll be next to useless, because if you want to evolve any of them, you'll lose that form, and Pikachu and Eevee (and Meowth) have rubbish stats, so you'd be better off Gigantamaxing something else.

For once, the people who complain that "Pokémon is turning into Digimon" actually might be right.

You can't evolve them so they are even more useless.

I do think Meowth's transformation is funny though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

It would have been equally fine if the game didn't have Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing in though I reckon, maybe even better for it.

I think this is very true. I don't think anyone in the world cares about this concept and thinks it's cool or beneficial. 

The raids in the game are a good idea and something I think the game will benefit from, but this is just... useless and unnecessary. I think that everyone would have loved the game if it were like Pokémon Stadium regarding battles. No tricks, no gimmicks, just plain battling in beautiful 3D environments on the big screen.

And yes, the gen 1 love is just getting too much. We just had a remake of that generation, let it be for ... sake! There ARE other generations, Game Freak! I would be very surprised if any Pokémon from Gen 1 were missing from the National Dex.

Edited by MindFreak

Christ, this is like a bad fan made Pokémon game, using crappy Deviantart versions of gen 1 pokemon.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

ThankfulIdenticalBat-size_restricted.gif

THERE ARE FOUR CHARIZARDS!!!!

• Haha 2

content-4-36016-pokemongigantamaxgenwunpanderingbanner.jpg

And it's on the front page...

No, I couldn't resist mentioning the blatant "Gen Wun" pandering... @Glen-i you're welcome. :D

At least it livened up what would otherwise be another, cut, paste, format PR and video posting exercise. :peace:

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

So just to clarify, the giant old school Pikachu they showed in that trailer won’t be exclusive to those with Let’s GO save data? I’d hate to miss out on that thing, it looks hilarious. :D 

20 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Oh boy are you gonna have fun if we ever have a Pokémon battle. :heh: Imagine our fights on Smash Bros. but like 10 times easier for you to win. :laughing: Yep, pretty sure that every Pokémon I choose will have rubbish stats. They’ll look cute while they’re getting killed though... you can be sure of that. :hehe:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RedShell said:

So just to clarify, the giant old school Pikachu they showed in that trailer won’t be exclusive to those with Let’s GO save data? I’d hate to miss out on that thing, it looks hilarious. :D 

It's exclusive to those with Let's Go, Pikachu-save data but it won't remove the Pikachu from said game. There are other Pikachus in the game (Sword / Shield) but they won't be able to go Giga.

19 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

It's exclusive to those with Let's Go, Pikachu-save data but it won't remove the Pikachu from said game. There are other Pikachus in the game (Sword / Shield) but they won't be able to go Giga.

Aww man. No giant Pikachu for me then. :( They should’ve done it like how Smash Bros. did with the Spirits. People with Let’s GO save data get them first, but everyone else can still get them later on.

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, sorry @RedShell for being unclear. @MindFreak explained it perfectly.

No worries.

Hey, I wonder if the giant Pikachu be tradable though? Seeing as you love Pikachu so much, Glen-i :heh: I’ll gladly take him off your hands if so. ;) 

24 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Aww man. No giant Pikachu for me then. :( They should’ve done it like how Smash Bros. did with the Spirits. People with Let’s GO save data get them first, but everyone else can still get them later on.

No worries.

Hey, I wonder if the giant Pikachu be tradable though? Seeing as you love Pikachu so much, Glen-i :heh: I’ll gladly take him off your hands if so. ;) 

I have no idea if it's tradable. Don't see why not.

Tell you what, I'll cut you a deal. @Dcubed has an unopened physical copy of Let's GO Pikachu. I'll be open to sullying my Switch Play History to start a save file and get one for you if it can be traded.

In return, if anyone tries to pull the "But Glen, I thought you hated Let's GO, why is it on your play history?" argument, you have to respond to my eventual mention and explain why that is.

Deal?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have no idea if it's tradable. Don't see why not.
Tell you what, I'll cut you a deal. [mention=883]Dcubed[/mention] has an unopened physical copy of Let's GO Pikachu. I'll be open to sullying my Switch Play History to start a save file and get one for you if it can be traded.
In return, if anyone tries to pull the "But Glen, I thought you hated Let's GO, why is it on your play history?" argument, you have to respond to my eventual mention and explain why that is.
Deal?
How long do we have to wait before using this argument?

4 minutes ago, bob said:

How long do we have to wait before using this argument?

Until someone is able to prove that I have Let's GO on my Switch play history.
As of now, you can't, because I don't.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I'll be open to sullying my Switch Play History to start a save file

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

if anyone tries to pull the "But Glen, I thought you hated Let's GO, why is it on your play history?"

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

you have to respond to my eventual mention and explain why that is.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Until someone is able to prove that I have Let's GO on my Switch play history.
As of now, you can't, because I don't.

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

tenor.gif

Nope, I like Pokémon too much. Let's GO is no doubt the reason Sword/Shield has a forced EXP Share, and the even lower diffculty that will come about from it will no doubt affect my enjoyment of Sword/Shield.

So in other words, I'll stop complaining about it when it stops having an impact on Pokémon games I play.

• Thanks 1

I've been reading a few of the previews that dropped this afternoon and they all seem very positive. My excitement for the game is starting to rise. I'm still not sure which version though.

I've decided that if I don't get to review this, I won't be getting it on this side of Christmas. I'm just not convinced that the Maxing tihng won't ruin the game completely for me.

Congrats on your site's 20th anniversary @Serebii! There really aren't many sites that end up celebrating such a milestone! :hehe:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Congrats on your site's 20th anniversary @Serebii! There really aren't many sites that end up celebrating such a milestone! :hehe:

What's even more impressive is that it still looks the same as it did 20 years ago. :laughing:

Congrats, Joe.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What's even more impressive is that it still looks the same as it did 20 years ago. :laughing:

Congrats, Joe.

Rude :p

This is how it looked in 2000

EHZw5PyX0AAwPux.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Serebii said:

This is how it looked in 2000

So you changed the background to green and called it a day. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ribbing @Serebii aside, he has made the site easier to navigate on mobiles recently.

Most of the rubes here might not notice, but I sure did. And let's face it, your site is way more informative than that smelly Bulbapedia, who I'm pretty certain crib all your info anyway.

Congrats on the 20th anniversary! Now update your damn PMD: EoS section, it's so incomplete!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1