NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

And leaks too. It's amazing how good people have gotten at making fake leaks look authentic. to the point where you can't really trust any leak.

Then again, Pokemon is a franchise that tends to attract the nerdiest or nerds, ie, people with way too much time on their hands.

On a slightly relevant note, this appeared in the latest episode of the anime:

D1ZDeVoWsAIPdSU.png

Nice Easter Egg there.

Is that Meltan in that screen cap? I hope Meltan is in Sword/Shield and can evolve without those disgusting Pokemon Go connectivity shenenigans....

Yes, that's Meltan without it's ring, it got stolen by Team Rocket during the episode.

I'm hoping that Meltan and Poipole both make in to Sword and Shield but something tells me they won't because Game Freak and The Pokemon Company will still want to make the Ultra games and Let's Go relevant for getting all the Pokemon. Either that or they will be post game. I really want to use a Poipole but I didn't think Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were worth buying at the time, they came a bit too soon when Sun and Moon were still very fresh and as a result, watching LPs the game felt short when it really wasn't because it was just retreading a lot of the same ground with some changes here and there.

At any rate, Pokemon is one of the easiest franchises to put cross promotions with. The Pokemon Company knows we want to get every single Pokemon so they try and use that to their advantage and they are slowly finding new ways to do that (making certain Pokemon and forms exclusive to side games, creating accessories to add to the game and then making that the only way you can obtain an event Pokemon, getting more people to play Pokemon Go by making that the only way to get a brand new Pokemon).

Anything with a collectable element to it presents the opportunity for cross promotion and boosting sales of products that would otherwise be unpopular if they weren't the only way to obtain what you REALLY want. Fortunately the Pokemon Company aren't as egregious as some companies (*cough* Bandai *cough*) when it comes to this type of thing.

So is there going to be a Pokémon Direct at the end of May like there was last year, or will we have to wait until E3 for proper Sword and Shield gameplay?

Still surprised we've heard nothing of a Detective Pikachu game given how massive that film is going to be. Although they did say there is more Pokémon stuff still to be announced, so let's see.

1 hour ago, Tim B said:

So is there going to be a Pokémon Direct at the end of May like there was last year, or will we have to wait until E3 for proper Sword and Shield gameplay?

Still surprised we've heard nothing of a Detective Pikachu game given how massive that film is going to be. Although they did say there is more Pokémon stuff still to be announced, so let's see.

Other than the Detective Pikachu game from a few years ago?

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Other than the Detective Pikachu game from a few years ago?

I mean a sequel or port for Switch to co-incide with the release of the film. No one’s going to know the game for 3DS even exists, let alone hunt it down.

Yeah I was just joking, badly. 

It is kind of odd but maybe for the film sequel. The interest in the film may have caught them off guard. 

Let's hope that the options are better in this game than in the last two.  The male trainer options have always been utterly woeful!

Whoever designed that T-Shirt is clearly a Monster Hunter fan.

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Let's hope that the options are better in this game than in the last two.  The male trainer options have always been utterly woeful!

You already know how that's gonna turn out.

It really annoyed me that dudes playing Sun/Moon actually had less to choose from then when they played X/Y.

I'd never wear shorts in real life, and yet that's all I could have.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I'd never wear shorts in real life

Why not? They’re comfy and easy to wear! :heh: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Why not? They’re comfy and easy to wear! :heh: 

That kid is a serial liar and should be sent to juvey.

Also, shorts make you look like a tool.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

What would you wear if you were in Hawaii? Shorts seem reasonable for a tropical climate.

I'm with @Glen-i here.. Shorts look terrible. Only acceptable if you actually intend to go swimming. Otherwise I won't ever wear them ever, no matter the temperature.

• Thanks 1

I don’t wear shorts all that often but I’m definitely not a shorts facist like @Glen-i who I assume runs down the street shaming those trying to keep their legs cool.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I don’t wear shorts all that often but I’m definitely not a shorts facist like @Glen-i who I assume runs down the street shaming those trying to keep their legs cool.

Yup, I'm nicking that phrase fo sho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, bob said:

What would you wear if you were in Hawaii? Shorts seem reasonable for a tropical climate.

Trousers, because I'm compassionate enough to not force people to look at my legs.

And the region of Alola has a freaking frozen mountain on it. And yet, no shop gives the option for something appropriate for that. I'm surprised Sun/Moon didn't end with my character collapsing from hypothermia halfway to the Pokémon League.

12 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Those trying to keep legs cool are deluded enough to not see that bare legs are never cool.

I should know, I've played New Style Boutique.

• Haha 3

To be fair, a lot of video game characters don't change their clothes for snowy areas, not many developers think of that kind of thing. RPGs in particular seem to be guilty especially when character appearance is tied to apperance a la Xenoblade. It's a wonder Shulk doesn't freeze to death if you have no equipment on him while at Valak Mountain...

19 minutes ago, GenericAperson said:

It's a wonder Shulk doesn't freeze to death if you have no equipment on him while at Valak Mountain...

"I'm really feeling it!" "I'm really feeling it!" "I'm really... flippin' freezing!"

• Haha 4

Shorts are fine above the knee, otherwise you may as well wear trousers.

I am also now expecting a shorts > trousers evolution line by gen 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Huh, lots of activity in the Sword&Shield thread. Is there new information on the game?"

*Jonnas enters thread*

*Jonnas adopts "shorts fascist" into own vocabulary*

• Haha 3

Well, that's hilarious.

Guess the male trainer just lost a clothing item.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, that's hilarious.

Guess the male trainer just lost a clothing item.

tenor.gif?itemid=12601407

• Haha 3