NEurope
Cube

Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield (2019, Switch)

19 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Ah, so I'd need to go to customer services on the Pokémon site first, then?

Man, I really wish they would ditch this rubbish newsletter method of distribution and just stick with Mystery Gift. That works perfectly fine, and Sword/Shield knows if you've got Trainer club account anyway.

Yeah, I would if you haven't got the email.

https://support.pokemon.com/

• Thanks 1

I'm going through the same thing. xD They told me the best date to reply to the ticket asking for the codes in 10th October (if I don't receive the newsletter with the codes by then).

TBH after receiving the codes I'm going to try making an email account with a different provider and changing it on the Pokemon site just for future codes. Maybe that won't even work, but it's worth a try!

Edited by Sckewi
xD

Yep, also got the codes in my e-mail today. So i’m finally 100% complete in my ‘all forms dex’ in Pokémon Home. 

I hope you’re all happy now, Vivillons, Deerlings, Pumpkaboos/Gourgeists, Sinisteas/Polteageists and especially you Alcremies!!!

I’m Reggie for BD/SP and Arceus now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Have the Zarude codes been released now? Customer services said to reply to the support ticket if I didn't get the codes.

Got mine too. Pretty trash, though, as it didn't turn up in my 'Focused' Outlook inbox, so I only caught it by chance. I think I might have even missed out last time they did this. 

100% agree with @Glen-i, Mystery Gift was always the right way to do events like this (and especially during COVID times). It's just an altogether frustrating experience; just make it a timed WiFi event for a month/limited window and let that be that! 

PlayStation apparently runs a similar thing for some regions for some first party games, where if you get a Platinum trophy, you'll get a code through email to get a cool set of avatars, and back on PS4, a wallpaper. But I say apparently because I've never got one of these emails, and neither has anyone else that I've ever come across ::shrug:

So it seems that everyone apart from me got a code?

Well, that's just bloody typical!

Sent a complaint, let's see what happens.

Edited by Glen-i

@Glen-i I believe that I still have a Zarude code from the first giveaway, I'm pretty sure that I didn't redeem it, I don't know how the code redemption works being that this is the second giveaway, but you're more than welcome to have the code to see if it can be redeemed.

I think I offered the code in here the first time, but I think nearly everyone either managed to get one, or were still just playing the 'wait and see' game with the e-mails.

You get a Shiny Celebi as well, and the Zarude us different (it's based on the movie, which is available on Netflix btw).

I full odds shiny hunted mine and they just give one out 

6 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

@Glen-i I believe that I still have a Zarude code from the first giveaway, I'm pretty sure that I didn't redeem it, I don't know how the code redemption works being that this is the second giveaway, but you're more than welcome to have the code to see if it can be redeemed.

I think I offered the code in here the first time, but I think nearly everyone either managed to get one, or were still just playing the 'wait and see' game with the e-mails.

I already have the first Zarude. Thanks anyway.

And yeah, I need Zarude with Cape. Because capes are cool.

• Thanks 1

Oh right, I didn't know it was a different Zarude from the first one, in that case, let's hope they sort the codes out soon. :smile:

Nice, hopefully they won't mind I registered with two diff email addresses since I have two saves. xD Anyone know if they have the Rusty Sword/Shield attached?

12 minutes ago, Sckewi said:

Nice, hopefully they won't mind I registered with two diff email addresses since I have two saves. xD Anyone know if they have the Rusty Sword/Shield attached?

Yeah, they do.

• Thanks 1

At least there's a good chance that this will bloody work then.

Given up on getting that Caped Zarude. I keep getting useless responses from the Pokémon Newsletter responses...

On 22-10-2021 at 10:34 AM, Sckewi said:

I had registered with two different e-mail accounts and got two e-mails with different codes. You can’t claim more than one legendary per save file though. So I have Zamazenta in my Sword save file and Zacian in my Shield save.

And an extra set of codes that I can’t use. I’ll keep those for anyone on here who’s to late to register this time.

• Thanks 1

Codes came through from GAME.

On 22/10/2021 at 10:28 AM, Glen-i said:

At least there's a good chance that this will bloody work then.

Given up on getting that Caped Zarude. I keep getting useless responses from the Pokémon Newsletter responses...

At least they are replying, they've ignored my message from 2 weeks ago chasing up for a code.

• Sad 1

Yep, got my shiny dog codes as well.

No idea what to do with the Sword one though. Might borrow @Ugh first aid's Switch and use my account to get myself both.

Pokemon support finally replied, funny because I was just about to chase them up (although it would have probably bumped me down the queue) and they gave me a code for Zarude and Celebi.

They suggested changing your email, but I've already tried that.

• Like 1

Saaaame. Well I made a Yahoo account years ago and literally never use it for anything. Now it has a purpose. xD

I kinda fell out of favour with online battling because Dynamax stripped the fun out of it. But this one? I'm gonna get a team ready for this one.

Only Pokémon that can learn Metronome, and only Metronome, as in, you'll have to delete the other three moves.

Good thing I have over 150 PP Ups!

Registration closes on the 6th of January. Battles take place from the 7th to the 9th.

More details, including which Pokémon are allowed, here.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Oh my god, this Max Raid battle I just had was brutal! For once, was the person letting down the team.

It was a Ditto. I send in my Inteleon, the other three people were some losers going with boring legendary Pokémon; Zacian, Mewtwo, and Zarude.

And then, the ability Imposter activates and it transforms into my Inteleon... My very competitive, very strong, Inteleon.

So we've got a Max Raid Ditto with the massive HP pool you'd expect from it, and the horrifying stats of a level 100, max IV, Sp. Atk and Speed EV monster of death.

The next 5 turns were just these three legendary Pokémon getting one-shotted, and me getting a painful hit whenever I was targeted. Barely scraped through there.

I was literally too good for this fight...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got my Metronome team ready to go! I normally don't make the team public, because strategies vary so wildly. But, in this case? What bloody strategy!?

So, if you can't be bothered getting a team together, but want to take part in this Russian Roulette of a competition, feel free to use mine.

HttzR3V_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

All Max IV, EV trained specifically for these stupid battles. Shoved full of PP Ups as well, to minimise having to resort to Struggle.

Clefable is probably going to be the best Pokémon here. Magic Guard is an amazing ability for this.

Inteleon is more of a statement then a viable choice, and that statement is "I like chameleons". An OK choice if you wanna go more offensive though.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

Just a final reminder that if you want to enter the Metronome only tournament, you have to register today.

Eh, that competition was a bit of a wet fart.

It's fine in theory, but then it just devolves into people swapping Pokémon, desperate to get the opponent to run out of PP.

Metronome matches kinda need a gentleman's agreement to ban swapping Pokémon out. Probably would have to disallow items too, makes it too easy to tank everything.

A pity that. Well, if anyone wants to have a Metronome fight with me, go ahead.