NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Yoshi's Crafted World (2019 - Switch)

Wonderful :)

This and Odyssey are the only game I want from what has been announced/released for the Switch.

I wouldn't say I'm excited for this but it'll be great to have another platformer to play co-operatively with my wife as we had a really good time together with Yoshi's Woolly World :smile:

I can't believe we're getting another quasi-3D, but actually 2D, platformer of another character who we've only just seen have a game like this.

Where the fuck is Waverace, F-Zero, 1080, Battalion Wars, new fucking IP?!

This is on Treehouse at the moment and looks fantastic! Attention to detail in every corner.

Looks like even more of a snore fest than Wooly World. I'll take this over a New Super Mario Bros game though :p

Delayed to 2019

From MyNintendoNews:
The upcoming Yoshi game for Nintendo Switch has a new release window. According to a post on Reddit, the Switch’s eShop has been updated to say that the Yoshi game will now release in 2019. Previously, it was slated for this year. We already know that the game will not be at E3 this year, so it’s very likely that we won’t be hearing much about it.

IGN Spain states the following:

"Nintendo has confirmed that Yoshi for Nintendo Switch is still in development despite not having appeared on the Nintendo Direct E3 this year . After its broadcast, Bill Trinen confirmed that the game, which debuted at E3 last year, is still "still in development" and that we will have more information later this year.

They are currently in good progress, they have decided that they want to make some improvements, so they are going to take a little more time in development and that is why it is not showing up this year," Trinen told IGN. "But I think you can expect news by the end of 2018.")

Disappointing news but as usual better to delay and make it better than to rush the release. I thought it looked a little rough last E3 anyway.

Interesting point on RFN this week that the Yoshi delay is maybe artificial. With Pokemon and Smash coming out at the end of the year, Nintendo have pushed Yoshi back until 2019 to maximise sales. This is because of the massive success of Kirby and DK:TF, which both had excellent sales at the start of the year. Makes sense really, add to the fact that there was a playable demo at last year's E3, it can't be too far off completion, especially now. 

26 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Interesting point on RFN this week that the Yoshi delay is maybe artificial. With Pokemon and Smash coming out at the end of the year, Nintendo have pushed Yoshi back until 2019 to maximise sales. This is because of the massive success of Kirby and DK:TF, which both had excellent sales at the start of the year. Makes sense really, add to the fact that there was a playable demo at last year's E3, it can't be too far off completion, especially now. 

Interesting point ( I haven't listened to the episode yet ) and one that I believe. As you said, there are already 2 big hitters for the end of the year and I would be VERY surprised if there aren't more 1st party games scheduled for the Switch for the same time period. I imagine a Wii U port or two could be used as filler games. They've been strong rumours of a NSMBU port happening for the Switch and that would fill in the gap nicely.

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

But then why not show a trailer or give it a title in the direct? 

Because it's now a 2019 title and that Direct was only for 2018 relea...oh wait.

:p

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

They're taking the time to build in the labo stuff like people suggested. It will come with a cardboard set which let you build various diaromas of Yoshi levels. But they're build on an axis, and you can turn them around to flip the level in-game.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Some screenshots:

43755922335_a2881897b1_o.jpg

Southern Belle Yoshi.

This game is giving me a strong desire to play Tearaway again now.

Looking forward to watching that haha! I find Derek really annoying though, was kind of hoping it was Andre doing it

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Looking forward to watching that haha! I find Derek really annoying though, was kind of hoping it was Andre doing it

Wrong. Derrick is the best GX member, followed by Andre >>>>>>>>>>>> John >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ash.

7 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Wrong. Derrick is the best GX member, followed by Andre >>>>>>>>>>>> John >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ash.

I'm afraid not. I find Derrick really annoying. Love the other three though

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I'm afraid not. I find Derrick really annoying. Love the other three though

But how can you like Ash? He is "ResetEra, the person". Unsubscribed from the podcast because I couldn't stand him.

Also, Derrick's Christams videos with his Gran are the sweetest content available on YouTube. You have no soul. Of all of the them, Derrick clearly has the most love for Nintendo games, I would have thought that would be right up your street? :D Each to their own I guess. 

Sign in to follow this