NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Rocket League (Switch)

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've asked about the matchmaking in the Era thread and a guy replied saying that you can play with your mates. Scroll to the bottom.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rocket-league-switch-release-and-impressions-thread.5853/page-19

Awesome news. It just wasn’t a surprise when you said it wasn’t in, just yet another gimped game, but this is great. 

13 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Awesome news. It just wasn’t a surprise when you said it wasn’t in, just yet another gimped game, but this is great. 

So i've got more clarity of the situation. The guy was talking about the cross platform matchmaking, rather than just the Switch. It appears that the party system will be patched in the future so that you can invite friends who own the game on other platforms and then start searching for games with them in your party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started a few games offline to warm up, awesome fun.  While not the best graphics, on the TV RL looks fine, moves fluidly and is a blast.  Can't wait to get online tomorrow.

Probably going to pick this up at some point, already played it quite a bit as a freebie on PS4, but seeing as I'm not planning to renew my PS+ subscription next year, I'll need to get it on PC or Switch if I want to play it again. :hehe:

Nice to hear the devs prioritised 60fps over visuals on Switch anyway, definitely the right choice for this type of game.

BTW, anyone found out what happens if you use the Nintendo themed cars on cross-play, do they actually show up like that in the other versions? :D

Currently skirting the line between really enjoying this game yet being terrible at it, as @welsh_gamer and @Nicktendo can probably attest to last night! 

Still, it's only been a day, and I'm very keen to keep playing and getting better at it too.

26 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Currently skirting the line between really enjoying this game yet being terrible at it, as @welsh_gamer and @Nicktendo can probably attest to last night! 

Still, it's only been a day, and I'm very keen to keep playing and getting better at it too.

Who cares how good we are at it, as long as we're having fun! Improvement will come!!

Though if we form a team who's going to be the keeper...?

1 hour ago, dazzybee said:

Who cares how good we are at it, as long as we're having fun! Improvement will come!!

Though if we form a team who's going to be the keeper...?

Well at the moment I'm playing in my own bumble formation; swarm the ball wherever it is regardless of tactical thought or where any one else on my team is...:p

It must be infuriating for veterans though with cross play, the amount of times I'm heading towards the ball near goal thinking "IM GOING TO SCORE A SCREAMER" only to actually be blocking off someone far better placed than me must be driving people bonkers! 

Still as you say, the more we play, the better we'll get, and luckily it's bloody brilliant fun in the mean time :D

Was looking at this on the eshop earlier and thinking of maybe picking it up as I play the game every now and then on the PS4 but would like to free up space on that for other games so it being on the switch would be handy. But the price just seems odd, why is it £15.04? Why not just £15 or £14.99, what's with the 4p, it just seems really odd. I need to look at my money anyway before I even consider picking it up but either through using my card or getting an eshop gift card, it's going to leave a stupid amount ::shrug:

1 hour ago, Ganepark32 said:

Was looking at this on the eshop earlier and thinking of maybe picking it up as I play the game every now and then on the PS4 but would like to free up space on that for other games so it being on the switch would be handy. But the price just seems odd, why is it £15.04? Why not just £15 or £14.99, what's with the 4p, it just seems really odd. I need to look at my money anyway before I even consider picking it up but either through using my card or getting an eshop gift card, it's going to leave a stupid amount ::shrug:

It was a really weird price on the Russian E-shop as well 1172 rubles, if I remember correctly. Must be a direct conversion from 20 USD.

Trying to connect onmine but it won’t. Error 67. Frustrating. Looking online it seems a common rocket league problem but does anyone know what’s going on?

Some great games with @dazzybee and @tapedeck last night, we were quite a team! 

Apart from finding my shooting boots and nabbing two hat tricks in the evening, great moment was our teams first goal; I prodded it goal bound, started peeling off in my car to celebrate a definite goal, only for Mark to fly through the air to tap it over the line and get the goal for himself! Still, I got an assist :D

It paired us against a really even team and we had a series of great matches, winning a couple and also losing to a last second winner.

Really got to grips with it more, made a lot more interceptions and a few epic saves too, we all worked very well as a team and hopefully this could be the start of some N-E organised nights if there's enough of us :)

Just don't tell Dazzy we got battered when he had to leave, we'll never hear the end of it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Those games last night were superb. Pure, gripping entertainment. Great, simple party chat/invite system as well. 

Still not mastered the physics/timing of this yet and I imagine it will take time. At the moment I’m like a dog chasing a balloon! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tapedeck said:

Those games last night were superb. Pure, gripping entertainment. Great, simple party chat/invite system as well. 

Still not mastered the physics/timing of this yet and I imagine it will take time. At the moment I’m like a dog chasing a balloon! 

You need the chaos of a 4th team member.. and I will duly oblige :grin:

I downloaded the game in the early hours of the morning but what little I've played has me both excited and nervous at the skills required to play well..

• Thanks 1

Picked it up and got it downloaded earlier, managed a handful on exhibition matches against the AI on all star to get to grips with the controls but there was no problem there as I've managed to jump back in at the skill level I was playing at last on the PS4 and won all those matches. So seems the change in platform hasn't negatively impacted my play :D

The game really doesn't look great undocked, the pixellation at times brings to mind playing N64 era games or even DS ones. It holds up a bit better docked but still looks a bit rough. And that solid 60 fps that's supposed to be there, yeah there are noticeable drops whole playing undocked and some slight when docked when I played so not the smooth experience they hoped for. Hopefully that'll get smoothed out in the coming weeks with patches.

Still, it's Rocket League and I love the game, easily one of my favourite indies and seeing as I got it for free of PS+ I was more than happy to give Psygonix my money this time around. Looking forward to putting many an hour more into this.

1 hour ago, Ganepark32 said:

The game really doesn't look great undocked, the pixellation at times brings to mind playing N64 era games or even DS ones. It holds up a bit better docked but still looks a bit rough. And that solid 60 fps that's supposed to be there, yeah there are noticeable drops whole playing undocked and some slight when docked when I played so not the smooth experience they hoped for. Hopefully that'll get smoothed out in the coming weeks with patches.

Funny that, when it goes incredibly pixellated it reminds me of Metroid Prime Hunters on DS, always first thing that pops into my mind!

What game are you guys playing?  I've been playing it almost exclusively in handheld mode and yes it's a little soft but never what I'd describe as pixelated.

I have noticed the framerate dropping though, usually the first thirty seconds or so after I've woke it from sleep mode.

So the quick messages. I’m sure I was somewhere and I could write my own... but in the options is just drop down menu if choices. Am I imagining it or can I write my own?

Sign in to follow this