NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Rocket League (Switch)

Out "this holiday". It will have exclusive customisation items and battle cars.

I got it for cheap on Steam a while ago and haven't actually played it yet. Am probably getting this version.

I've never been particularly interested in Rocket League and I'm still not convinced a Switch version will be enough to lure me in.. but it helps :heh:

To be honest, this game isn't for me, I got it free on PS4 and deleted it very soon after.

Great for Nintendo that it will have cross-platform network play!

Edited by Kav

FFS Sony, same as the Minecraft cross-play. Seems so short-sighted.

To be fair, they don't need it. They've got a huge install base as it is.

Smart move from Nintendo, though. Without their own install base it's now ensured that people will find matches online.

To be fair, they don't need it. They've got a huge install base as it is.

Smart move from Nintendo, though. Without their own install base it's now ensured that people will find matches online.

Haha, don't give them feeble excuses, it's awful anti-gamer attitude, if it wasn't Sony doing this you'd slag it off big time, dread to think the reaction on here if it was Nintendo? Eh @Kav82 :)

But anyway, the game is amazing, never really played it on ps4 because... But loved it, this is a perfect console for it!

Haha, don't give them feeble excuses, it's awful anti-gamer attitude, if it wasn't Sony doing this you'd slag it off big time, dread to think the reaction on here if it was Nintendo? Eh @Kav82 :)

Excuse me?

I think it's stupid from Sony and really do not agree with their stance on this at all.

If you want to know my reaction to the Minecraft Cross Play reveal.

I just said that Sony don't actually need Cross Play with Rocket League because they probably have the largest userbase out of the three consoles.

I don't know why you think I'm giving "them feeble excuses" but apparently everything in these boards is taken as "anti Nintendo and pro Sony", aye?

This is ridiculous.

Edit: Oh, and please spare me with your "haha, I was just semi-joking" crap.

It is an utterly bollocks thing to do from Sony, who claim to be "For the players".

With every game that offers cross platform online gaming it will look worse on Sony.

Excuse me?

I think it's stupid from Sony and really do not agree with their stance on this at all.

If you want to know my reaction to the Minecraft Cross Play reveal.

I just said that Sony don't actually need Cross Play with Rocket League because they probably have the largest userbase out of the three consoles.

I don't know why you think I'm giving "them feeble excuses" but apparently everything in these boards is taken as "anti Nintendo and pro Sony", aye?

This is ridiculous.

Edit: Oh, and please spare me with your "haha, I was just semi-joking" crap.

No. I wasn't joking. Or semi joking. No idea why'd you'd even put that. But you are giving them feeble excuses - they don't need it. Utter arrogance and weak justification of this anti-gamer stance. Why try and justify it?

Yeah, can't really blame Sony imo; a bit cynical but makes total business sense; if a bunch of mates are all into playing online on PS4 then any of their friends thinking of buying a console are definitely going to be buying a PS4. One of the casual games these days next to fifa et all.

In any case - I still play online at least a couple times every week, two years after release; it's a brilliant, brilliant game. Perfect for Switch - tbh given how uninspiring most of the PS+ games are these days I'd consider sacking off my subscription and playing on switch instead for the lower price..

No. I wasn't joking. Or semi joking. No idea why'd you'd even put that. But you are giving them feeble excuses - they don't need it. Utter arrogance and weak justification of this anti-gamer stance. Why try and justify it?

I'm not justifying it. And I don't give them an excuse. I just can see why it's not something they'd need right now given their large userbase.

I think it's stupid, as I've said many times before. And if they'd use the large userbase as an explanation I'd say: "Yeah, I can see that, but it's still pathetically stupid."

I'm not justifying it. And I don't give them an excuse. I just can see why it's not something they'd need right now given their large userbase.

I think it's stupid, as I've said many times before. And if they'd use the large userbase as an explanation I'd say: "Yeah, I can see that, but it's still pathetically stupid."

That's fair enough. Have they actually given that as their reason? Have they spoken out about it?

Also, how does it actually work? Can you set up a friends group and friends from switch, Xbox and pc all join? That simple.

Also, how does it actually work? Can you set up a friends group and friends from switch, Xbox and pc all join? That simple.

You can set up a private match. Random matches also include other platforms.

However, you can't team up with friends on other platforms and play against others.

That's fair enough. Have they actually given that as their reason? Have they spoken out about it?

Basically, they used the typical Nintendo "think of the children" defense.

And it's really hilarious.

Because nothing is more dangerous to kids than us filthy Switch-playing Scum.

No-one's buying it.

Basically, they used the typical Nintendo "think of the children" defense.

And it's really hilarious.

Because nothing is more dangerous to kids than us filthy Switch-playing Scum.

No-one's buying it.

Correct. If it was Nintendo doing this they would rightfully be getting ripped and no excuse would be seen as worthy.

Sony are reaching and its only going to get worse.

As @liger05 says, the more cross platform games this keeps happening to, the more backwards Sony will look

Glad I waited and didn't buy Rocket League on PC. Looks really fun and it's timing effectively killed Metroid Prime: Blast Ball.

Would be call if the exclusive Switch items included the Blue Falcon. Imagine using that in Rocket League games?

Would be call if the exclusive Switch items included the Blue Falcon. Imagine using that in Rocket League games?

I wonder if the special Ninty exclusive stuff shows up when other platforms play against Switch players?

That'd be cool and funny.

I'm so so excited for this game!! Really hope we get Mario karts and F Zero craft in it!

Sign in to follow this