NEurope
Cube

Metroid Prime 4 (Switch)

Only a teaser, but confirmation that Metroid Prime 4 is in development.

Edited by Cube

While that announcement is obviously awesome, "Now in development" doesn't fill me with confidence we'll see it anytime before Christmas 2019...

Whilst I would have liked to see more, this is all I need to know. The thought of playing a fourth Metroid Prime on my Switch really does make me feel a lot more assured about the forthcoming line-up.

Hope it's got a good variety of beams and missiles!

What exactly have Retro been doing for the past four years?

Something else. Apparently this Metroid is being made internally at Nintendo.

What exactly have Retro been doing for the past four years?

Metroid Prime 4 for the Wii U probably. Then shifting over to Switch and adapting the game to take full advantage of the unique features of the Switch.

I would have loved to have seen some gameplay but it's good to know that it's in development :hehe:

Would be great if they re release the Prime Collection but in HD

I started to get SO damn excited seeing this... then nothing followed but the "now in development"...

Fuck me, that's not an announcement. It's ages away if they've no gameplay or trailer to show... what a downer!

Bit of a troll announcement but I'll take it.

Still not enough to warrant a purchase for me as there's still only three games I want. (Metroid, Zelda and Mario.)

Something else. Apparently this Metroid is being made internally at Nintendo.

I like the sound of that.

Considering Switch isn't getting ANY FPS games, I hope there'll be a spiritual successor to Perfect Dark/Timesplitters.

Would be great if they re release the Prime Collection but in HD

Would love for them to do this. Safe to say, it's been a while.

A reaction to the backlash from Federation Force?

Glad Retro Studios aren't being forced to make this.

A reaction to the backlash from Federation Force?

Glad Retro Studios aren't being forced to make this.

That's a fair shout. The game done nothing but hurt the brand so announcing this will gain some favour back with fans. It would also explain why they just shoved a logo on the screen and nothing else.

I hate it when Nintendo announce games so early on in development.

Thankfully they didn't focus their entire conference on games early in development, at the detriment of future shows.

Not a great announcement but just knowing that a Metroid game is coming to Switch eventually is good to know. I'm glad Retro are working on something else, they proved they are capable of producing a great Metroid game three times so I hope they are challenging themselves with something new.

I hate it when Nintendo announce games so early on in development.

spongebob-grin.jpg

I'm glad Retro are working on something else, they proved they are capable of producing a great Metroid game three times once so I hope they are challenging themselves with something new by not making another fucking Donkey Kong Country game.

FTFY :p

That's a fair shout. The game done nothing but hurt the brand so announcing this will gain some favour back with fans. It would also explain why they just shoved a logo on the screen and nothing else.

I think it's more the 3DS Metroid game, they knew they couldn't announce a new meteoroid, and it be for the 3DS again. They couldn't get away with it so that had to tell us a switch one is coming.

Cautiously hyped for this. Really great to see that the much hinted at Metroid Prime 4 is actually a thing. The fact that it's being done under a new developer does remind me somewhat of the Halo situation where the main developer changed for Halo 4 but let's not forget, a lot of the core developers behind Metroid Prime left Retro and worked on Recore, so the Retro team of today is not the same team that made the Prime trilogy.

Thankfully they didn't focus their entire conference on games early in development, at the detriment of future shows.

Well they did it with 2 games (Pokémon and MP4), whereas if I think you're making the comparison to one specific show, Sony did it with 3 (Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, FFVII remake). Only 1 less, and even then Last Guardian was released reasonably soon after so I wouldn't really even count it.

I think the reason those 3 announcements defined the show was because they're games people have always wanted but never expected to actually happen. With Nintendo's show we'll never really know how their announcements went down but Pokémon and MP4 are generally much more expected to happen.

Either way as I've said before it makes sense to let people know as soon as possible that these games are in development, even if people have to wait a while to get them. Companies want to be convincing potential customers that the games are coming to give them confidence to buy the system.

Edited by Sheikah