NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)

So I've done the first two Colussuses now, and quite enjoying it, although I'm going to echo the comments about the control scheme. My horse just stopped dead in the middle of a road and refused to move. Stupid horse.

The rest of the game is incredible though. So cinematic!

Man, the final Colussus has precisely zero chill.

So I finally finished this game. The credits rolled after about 8 hours game time, although I don't know if that counts the half hour i spent on the final boss, only to get tossed into a ravine and restart from the beginning.

Overall, it was pretty good, but not fantastic. I liked certain elements (the music and sound design), but hated others (navigation with the sword, and that damn horse)

Spoiler

What the actual fuck was that ending? The story was just plain weird. I kind of liked the first half where it was just really simple, and the twist was good, but all the stuff during the credits I could have done without. Limpy horse somehow survives? Your character being reborn as a demon baby? Just strange.

I can't see me going back and attempting any of the trophies. I looked them up, and it looks like you have to complete the game several more times to get it. Once was enough I think.

• Like 1