NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

The game sounds so good it could bring my a tear to my eye... this is the direction I've always envisioned Monster Hunter heading in! :D

I can't wait!!!! :D

I'm genuinely excited by this title, at first when it was announced I was thinking that this might be like one of those Monster Hunter Frontier titles but it seems that this really is the bold new direction for the series on the Playstation platform...

Yes I know it's slated for Xbox One and PC as well but I think it's clear which platform most people will be gravitating towards with this. ;)

Of course I still want Monster Hunter Cross Generations to be released on the Switch over here - no way am I importing if there's no English text - but I'm ready for a brand new Monster Hunter game. :)

The potential for this title is huge, there have already been concerns voiced that it might not sell so well on the Xbox One but I can only hope that on the PS4 at the very least, some newcomers to the series will give it a fair chance and I also hope that it's released at a decent enough time as well... Early 2018 then? How about the end of January... not that I'm impatient to go hunting of course. :heh:

Given that the very nature of the map design is very open, the level of A.I. utilised by the monsters and the ever-changing situations which can escalate rather quickly meaning that you'll need to rely on your skills as a hunter; this is going to make for a very unique experience which with any luck will just further bolster the popularity of the series while simultaneously moving it forward in what it hopefully the right direction. : peace:

Seeing the videos and reading impressions it seems pretty clear now how a more powerful device can create a much better experience.

I played Monster Hunter on the 3DS before and thought it was a little...limited? Can't point my finger on it but it just felt like.

Looks like PC, XB1 and PS4 are able to provide much more of everything. : peace:

• Like 1

Seeing the videos and reading impressions it seems pretty clear now how a more powerful device can create a much better experience.

I played Monster Hunter on the 3DS before and thought it was a little...limited? Can't point my finger on it but it just felt like.

Looks like PC, XB1 and PS4 are able to provide much more of everything. : peace:

Whilst its also hardware(and infrastructure e.g communication). The design is important too. Clearly Monster Hunter has some unique elements that could gain from advancement. Parts of it sound like Destiny.

Capcom streaming live gameplay right now.

EDIT: The stream is now finished but the gameplay starts at around the 46th minute for those wanting to take a look.

The new LS attack looks awesome.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Capcom streaming live gameplay right now.

EDIT: The stream is now finished but the gameplay starts at around the 46th minute for those wanting to take a look.

The new LS attack looks awesome.

I have been refraining from commenting just to contain my hype but I can't do that anymore. The map is HUGE.

Damn why are the streams and vids from Japan in such low quality?! I want to see everything in more detail.

Anyways hugely looking forward to this.

At SDCC they confirmed you'll be able to drop in and out of multiplayer.

Some of the new animations for the weapon attacks looked amazing

This is a great watch. The moment Diablos pops out of the ground and then the player gets sucked into the sand pit is amazing. Also, when the water beastie attacks and wraps itself around Barroth was such a cool moment. This is looking to be something very, very special.

• Like 1

Nice demo, shame they had to put their banner right over the health meter but good coverage in any case. :)

I'm at that impatient stage where the game could arrive right now and I'd jump right into playing it, I've seen enough video footage to confirm that it's probably going to be amazing. :D

Anyway, only half a year or so to go... ;)

• Like 1

The more I see of this, the more I weep with joy! 

So so excited for it! :bouncy:

Edited by Kav

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Release date 26th Jan!!!!!!!

Man, the TGS trailer was amazing. Some of the new monsters looked nuts.

That is not all that far away!! Im really looking forward to this!

• Like 1