NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

19 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

So if you already have the base game, you just need to play this beta and then you'll get the rewards once you log in to the Iceborne expansion, when it comes out?

This is a bit like the demo they had for the initial base game if I remember correctly, good idea anyway, I may just set this to download...

Yeah, pretty much.

Just got in from work and fired it up. It's been a while since I played this but everything came back to instantly. I suppose playing Generations Ultimate has helped keep me sharp. Although realising that areas aren't segmented threw me off a little. :D 

Its good to see there are a few new moves/additions in this. The grab claw is great. :) 

I've taken down the Great Jagras and Banbaro with randoms. Banbaro is like a snowy version of Duramboros. Another monster appeared during that battle but we killed Banbaro and didn't get the chance to fight it. :( 

Time to face Tigrex.... 

• Thanks 1

I assume these beta quests are way too high level for someone who's only played for 3 hours? :D 

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I assume these beta quests are way too high level for someone who's only played for 3 hours? :D 

The first two should be fine but Tigrex may be a little rough for you at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Obviously I want this but we're getting closer and closer to release and I can only see physical versions up for pre-order of the Master Edition?

There's supposed to be a version of just the Iceborne expansion available as well but I can't find it for pre-order anywhere.

Zinogre hype! :D

I should get that pre-order in now then... :blank:

Yeah I've got to buy the base game again but this expansion is the size of a new game and the base game is only £8 of that value at this point.

Plus I want that extra box on my shelf. ;)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

I won’t be picking this up until mid-Sept... because I’m so skint! :cry:

Rajang Hype! :D

I can't wait for this.

*runs and hides*

I always hated fighting Rajang. Dude just bounces around too much and i'm always more than happy to just trap the hell out of it.

• Haha 1

The game is getting high praise from pretty much ever outlet. For all intents and purposes, this looks to be a new game, given all the content that's in it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The game is getting high praise from pretty much ever outlet. For all intents and purposes, this looks to be a new game, given all the content that's in it.

Did you order from The Game Collection? They shipped my copy today. :D

I'm going to check out that review right now.

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Did you order from The Game Collection? They shipped my copy today. :D

I'm going to check out that review right now.

I haven't ordered it. Too much on my plate at the moment what with playing Final Fantasy VIII and Gears 5 releasing this week. Also, its a steel book. Can't be having that on the shelf. I may just go digital with it seeing as I already have the base game. 

• Thanks 1

Starting to think that if you just ordered all the games you complain about being steel books messing up your collection then all your games would be steel books and would look fine anyway :p 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I haven't ordered it. Too much on my plate at the moment what with playing Final Fantasy VIII and Gears 5 releasing this week. Also, its a steel book. Can't be having that on the shelf. I may just go digital with it seeing as I already have the base game. 

Ah sorry, I didn't know... if I knew then I would have told you what I discovered the other day when I pre-ordered it myself...

https://www.thegamecollection.net/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-master-edition-ps4/?sqr=monster hunter&

There's a non-steelbook version or at least there was the other day as it's sold out now and they only have the steelbook in stock. :(

It's £2 more but I don't mind, I'd rather that than have to get the steelbook and then rebuy the game like I did with the Yakuza titles.

Anyway, this game will sell bucketloads so they are bound to restock soon I would hope and it seems you've got loads of game to keep you busy anyway. :D

Still, give us a shout when you get the game if you want to hunt anything. :peace: (and that goes for anyone else on N-Europe who's getting the expansion as well)

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Starting to think that if you just ordered all the games you complain about being steel books messing up your collection then all your games would be steel books and would look fine anyway :p 

It would honestly drive me nuts seeing them on the shelf next to normal boxes. It's bad enough looking at Switch cases that have a little pink triangle on the spines instead of green ones. :nono:

• Thanks 1