NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World has shipped over 10 million units* worldwide following the release of the PC version on Steam and in combination with the home console versions of the title.

Monster Hunter: World, the best-selling title in company history, achieved this 10 million-unit milestone following the titles' PC release on the globally accessible Steam platform, allowing the game to appeal to a wider fan base spread across a greater number of regions, and in combination with continued robust sales of the home console version of the game even now, more than six months after its release.

And to think, people said the game would flop not being on a handheld. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible to lose with a ps4-exclusive these days really? Btw if anything needs still plays/fancies hunts I'm still stuck behind Tempered Kirin but I'm getting tempted to get back into the game as a ps4 friend plays and also did a bit last week with my mate in Japan - just let me know somewhere here or on ps4!

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has just been announced. It's a huge expansion that is set to release next Autumn and includes new ranks, monsters and locations. It's essentially the G rank/Ultimate bits. Can't wait. :bouncy:

Also, Geralt from The Witcher series is making an appearance in the base game. He will come with a new story and quests. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A new trailer for the DLC dropped last night during the State of Play.

Details about the expansion were released during a special stream that happen last night.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 6, 2019, and will launch on PC / Steam this winter!

The second burning question you’re all probably wondering is, “how much content is packed into Iceborne?”

This isn’t just your average expansion. In fact, we can tell you that the volume of gameplay content in Iceborne will rival that of Monster Hunter: World, with even more quests to face this time around!

Speaking of the base game, if you already own World, you’ll only need to purchase the Iceborne expansion digitally. And for players that do not own World, we’re preparing an all-in package that includes both World and Icebornecalled Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition.

New Environment

Chasing this mystery leads us to a remote part of the New World, a land of extreme conditions where the cold is so intense you’ll need to outfit yourself with specific gear and items to keep warm during your hunts. Enter the Hoarfrost Reach.

Despite being such a harsh environment, it is actually full of energy and life. From small endemic life like Rime Beetles, to fierce new monsters like the predatory Beotodus and the brutish Banbaro, you’ll have plenty to explore, discover and hunt! I’ll leave you with this fun fact about the environment: Iceborne is set to offer the largest region in World so far.

#1. The Slinger can now be used while your weapon is drawn! This will open up a variety of opportunities for dealing with monsters, setting up new powerful combo attacks, getting out of harm’s way, etc.

#2. Clutch Claw: a versatile tool that lets you grapple onto monsters at a moment’s notice. From there you’ll also be able to unleash devastating attacks or even directly guide the monster momentarily.

I can't wait to get my hunt on again. :yay:

My new lady has a PS4 which takes pride of place under the TV, despite my protests that my Xbox should go there that's been relegated to the Netflix/Prime/Blu Ray box upstairs, half tempted to pick this back up and start again on PS4, especially with the new content coming as well...

I've ummed and ahhed about the Division 2 as I want an online game I can dip in and out of along side MHG on Switch, but this might be a better shout...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

My new lady has a PS4 which takes pride of place under the TV, despite my protests that my Xbox should go there that's been relegated to the Netflix/Prime/Blu Ray box upstairs, half tempted to pick this back up and start again on PS4, especially with the new content coming as well...

I've ummed and ahhed about the Division 2 as I want an online game I can dip in and out of along side MHG on Switch, but this might be a better shout...

Well, I'm on Monster Hunter World on the PS4, so is @Hero-of-Time and there's a strong possibility that @Gadwin might well join us for the Iceborne expansion.

So it sounds like we may well have a team moreorless ready to go. :D

I didn't realise that just the expansion is seemingly being released on a standalone disc... unless I misunderstood what was in the trailer...

I was going to just buy the DLC on the PS Store but if there's a physical option then this might be a better bet, though I reckon it's likely just an install disc, but still... another box. :smile:

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@lostmario will you be picking the game back up when the hefty expansion arrives or are you done with the game completely?

Funnily enough I was going to message you last night saying "I'm going to have to buy Monster Hunter World again aren't I?"

Have we got any pricing yet for how much the full game and expansion will cost together?

4 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Funnily enough I was going to message you last night saying "I'm going to have to buy Monster Hunter World again aren't I?"

Have we got any pricing yet for how much the full game and expansion will cost together?

I think it's £40.

I've been away from Monster Hunter World for a few months but I am very much looking forward to hunting the new monsters in Iceborne.

Still have the game installed on my PS4 so if anyone wants to do some hunts online I'm up for it sometime.  The last time I played it was when Behemoth EX was released so there's a lot of arch tempered hunts I've still not done yet.

My PSN is Dizzy_Moogle

• Thanks 1

So...is this game worth the 20€ it's currently being sold for on the PSN store? 

Thing is: I could never get into the previous installments (DS games) due to the technical limitations. With this, though, I think I might enjoy more due to the world being larger. How beginner friendly is Monster Hunter World?
Also: Is it a game that I could play for 30 minutes and still make at least some kind of progress? This is what threw me off the handheld games, 'cause I always felt I needed to play for longer in order to achieve something.
Aaaaand: Would it be worth it for a solo player? I usually don't like playing with randoms and I'm not sure if I can convince a mate to buy this :D 

@Hero of Time, help :p 

29 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Thing is: I could never get into the previous installments (DS games) due to the technical limitations. With this, though, I think I might enjoy more due to the world being larger. How beginner friendly is Monster Hunter World?
Also: Is it a game that I could play for 30 minutes and still make at least some kind of progress? This is what threw me off the handheld games, 'cause I always felt I needed to play for longer in order to achieve something.
Aaaaand: Would it be worth it for a solo player? I usually don't like playing with randoms and I'm not sure if I can convince a mate to buy this :D 

@Hero of Time, help :p 

• The game is very beginner friendly. 
  • You can do a short mission or two just to grab some ingredients/monster parts to help build new weapons or armour.
  • I don't mind playing these games solo but it really does come alive when hunting with friends or even random players.
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Is it worth £20? Of course it is! :D

You didn't like the 3DS games? Fair enough... technical limitations, I like both for different reasons but the world in Monster Hunter World is certainly larger.

The game is easy to get into, there's plenty to do solo so still worth it but the multiplayer is where the action is at, you can even ask for help as and when you need it per quest.

It's the most beginner-friendly Monster Hunter game I've ever played but there's still plenty of challenge there as well.

I've been meaning to go back to this, so I likely will in the run up to the Iceborne expansion. :peace:

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Can’t really vouch for World as I only played a bit of the beta, but I’ve played all of the Nintendo platform MH games since MHTri on Wii and I definitely enjoy them as a single player experience. The game is much funnier when playing with others for sure, but it’s also (generally :heh:) a lot easier that way too. I personally enjoy the extra challenge of taking on the monsters by myself though, and I’m willing to bet you will too. It’s really satisfying when you manage to take down a huge monster alone. :cool:

Anyway, for 20€ I say you should definitely give it a try. :) Just know that it can take a while to get into these games, as there’s a lot to take in with different weapon types items etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First of all...I think I asked H-o-T and not you guys, S.C.G. and RedShell, so...Just kidding :p 

Thanks for the input. I think I'll give the game a go. Will be my first gaming purchase in a while. Hopefully I'll get some serious mileage out of it :peace: 

Edit: Bought it :D 

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, drahkon said:

First of all...I think I asked H-o-T and not you guys, S.C.G. and RedShell, so...Just kidding :p 

To be fair, you actually asked Hero of Time and not Hero-of-Time. I didn't get a notification. I just happen to notice someone had posted in this thread and had a gander. :p 

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be fair, you actually asked Hero of Time and not Hero-of-Time. I didn't get a notification. I just happen to notice someone had posted in this thread and had a gander. :p 

Well, it's your fault...you and your no-avatar-having-ways. :nono:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Well, it's your fault...you and your no-avatar-having-ways. :nono:

He does have an avatar, it's Rimmer's forehead: :heh:

dpa8xFj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Alright. Chose Charge Blade as my weapon.

I only did one quest so far...and other than the fact that I didn't die, I had no idea what I was doing :D 

I think I'll explore Astera for now and see what all the vendors have to offer.

What I can already say: This game is going to be a time sink...

• Like 1

Switched to Hammer. Bone Bludgeon II to be precise. Kinda like how it hits hard but is still relatively fast.

Before I even got to the Great Jagras quest I encountered one during another quest. Was quite the intense fight which was interrupted by a Pukei-Pukei...I got my ass handed to me when I got sandwiched between them :D I managed to escape when they decided to attack each other.

Love this game :peace: 

• Like 4

On 07/06/2019 at 8:18 PM, drahkon said:

Alright. Chose Charge Blade as my weapon.

I only did one quest so far...and other than the fact that I didn't die, I had no idea what I was doing :D 

I think I'll explore Astera for now and see what all the vendors have to offer.

What I can already say: This game is going to be a time sink...

The Charge Blade is a god-tier weapon... it’s SO good!

The beta for Iceborne starts today. Here's what you get if you complete the quests.

IL4Br5Y.png

I downloaded the beta yesterday and hopefully it will be ready to play when I get home.

• Thanks 1

So if you already have the base game, you just need to play this beta and then you'll get the rewards once you log in to the Iceborne expansion, when it comes out?

This is a bit like the demo they had for the initial base game if I remember correctly, good idea anyway, I may just set this to download...