NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're a right trophy whore. :D 

50 tempered monsters, 500 large monsters, HR100 and that'll be it I think.

I've never had much luck with the small and large crowns.

13 hours ago, lostmario said:

I've never had much luck with the small and large crowns.

I think I need 3 more mini crowns and 4 more large crowns. The events that have been held over the past 3 weeks have helped massively in the crown hunts. They offered a greater chance of a mini or large crown spawning on the map. It was just a question of doing the quest over and over, which also offered a crazy amount of experience points. 

I've been trying to get a large Kirin to show up but most of the time when I do get a decent size one to spawn randomers just keep on dying. Methinks I will end up doing that one myself. A lot of random players just don't know how to handle/fight Kirin and end up getting annihilated.

• Thanks 1

I've played this game quite a lot and I still don't even know what a crown is. Where do you guys find all the time for this? :eek:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I've played this game quite a lot and I still don't even know what a crown is. Where do you guys find all the time for this? :eek:

If you check your guild card or monster diary you can see the size of the monsters that you've hunted. It will always record the largest and smallest beats you have killed/caught. If they are small enough you will get a gold mini crown and if they are large enough you will get a gold crown.

It's not hard. I go to work for 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. When I get back, I go to gym for an hour, have food and then play until i'm knackered. Saturday and Sundays are free days and I only stop gaming if I go to the cinema with the lads or to watch the footy. Honestly, i'm the opposite in that I often wonder how people DON'T have time for stuff like this. One of my brothers has been married for years, has two kids, works crazy hours, travels up and down the country for work, goes to the gym but still has plenty of time to sit in front of the TV and play video games. I guess if something is important to you then you make then time. Just like any hobby really. ::shrug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good old Monster Hunter... did a shit load of Anja hunts tonight and not a single Plate to be found! :(

• Sad 1

I finally managed to beat both Diablos and Rathalos this evening, solo... still using the origin armour too. :D

Planning on going for Rathalos armour next, after I've progressed the story a bit more. :)

• Like 1

Finally seen the credits after 110 hours - but I'm still only HR29.

The monsters could have been more varied. It may as well have been called Dragon Hunter. The non-dragon monsters were pretty cool though. The only one I hated was the wind one. Even with flash pods it was hideous!

Still playing as much as humanly possible. Looking forward to the DLC. :D

• Like 1

I got in a few hunts late on tonight, an investigation of Barroth, Diablos & Black Diablos all together, repeated.

Got the Diablos Charge Blade fully upgraded now... what a beast of a weapon!

Finally got an Anjanath Plate too...  now I need a Gem, haha.

• Thanks 1

Yay! The infamous Murder Pickle is back... :D

Gotta love Deviljho. ;)

• Haha 1

Erm, what’s happened to the squad?!

Says I can’t search as I’m not a member of any squad..?!

9 hours ago, Kav said:

Erm, what’s happened to the squad?!

Says I can’t search as I’m not a member of any squad..?!

I kicked you out due to my general dislike of you. :p 

Nah, I just disbanded the squad. Nobody seem to play with each other anymore and everyone is off doing their own thing. It's not a huge issue as you can easily jump into a friends game via the PlayStation OS.

I'm nearly done with the game now, well at least until Jho and the other beasties arrive. The other day I managed to finally get all large and mini gold crowns for every monster. I found this was best to do on my own as I could load up the quest, check the size of the beast and the decide whether to just quit or fight it. This was especially useful when hunting Kirin, as I found randomers just kept dying and failing the ques,t which was very annoying if it was a large/small version of him.

All that i've got left to do is to do another 12 special arena quests and the platinum should be mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Platinum obtained! I can finally play something else now.  
Oh man. That be some epic shiz. Don't think I could get every crown for this.
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sheikah said:
8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Platinum obtained! I can finally play something else now. emoji3.png 

Oh man. That be some epic shiz. Don't think I could get every crown for this.

Yeah, that kinda grind certainly isn't for everyone but I love the game/series so much that im happy to go for it. 

24 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Send me the game :p

Nah. There's still free DLC on the way that will be getting be played. :D 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There's still free DLC on the way that will be getting be played. :D 

Yeah, by me. So send me the game :p

Ah well, I will eventually get this. Could be a nice Christmas game. I mean...it almost is Christmas time.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:59 AM, Kav said:

Good old Monster Hunter... did a shit load of Anja hunts tonight and not a single Plate to be found! :(

I spent days looking for a negrigante gem, and on my 35th Neg i got one so i could make my Catastrophe's Light finally! but i've had shit loads of everyone elses gems and plates (anj included) so i know your pain! I honestly think the game knows what you want and makes it harder to obtain

So finally completed my armour set for my insect gaive

Castrophe's light
Psuedocanth 3 insect (BLAST)
Dragon king eye patch
Ordrodon beta chest and the remainder of the odrogon set in alpha
Critical eye charm

Gives me max critical, weakness exploit and a few others so i can when properly boosted melt most things now
So if you see a hunter called Snake, looking like Old Snake, spouting metal gear quotes (gotta fit the look) its me

onward to complete the game i suppose, not sure how you guys got through it so fast

• Like 1

Just completed the last 9 star optional quest after reaching HR 100.

Time to play other games again!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lostmario said:

Just completed the last 9 star optional quest after reaching HR 100.

Time to play other games again!

But Jho arrives today!

• Like 1

I’ve finally watched the credits roll, I’m so glad the story is over!

Now comes the grind for Decorations, Armour Sets and weapons... many, many weapons!

Gutted I’ve not got the time to play much anymore!

Edited by Kav

The more time passes, the more I wish this was ported to Switch. I don’t get to game on this as much as I’d like these days, if it was on the Switch it would be perfect for me with my commute.

• Like 2