NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just done the Street Fighter event for the first time and it was hilarious. Having Ryu's theme playing throughout the fight was epic.

If anyone wants the quest just let me know and I'll hook you up.

Available til the 1st March right? What HR do you have to be to do/join it? Don't actually know much at all about it other than I saw it was on the daily check-in when I checked in the other day!

Re: graphics and switch capability, I personally think it looks lovely but most of that for me is due to its vibrancy than fine detail. However I do notice between areas sometimes usually when there's a flying thing or 5 in the distance of my eyeline they load slow flapping/dropping frames until I get closer. It could just be bad code/programming/optimisation/something else I don't actually understand but I do think to myself if I see that happening as it is now I can imagine it must be stretching the system at points.

42 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Available til the 1st March right? What HR do you have to be to do/join it? Don't actually know much at all about it other than I saw it was on the daily check-in when I checked in the other day!

I didn't realize it had a end date. I thought as long as you had a SFV save then you could play it.

The quest is a low rank one at 3 star level. 

• Thanks 1

Having a bit of a wobble over MH at the moment.

Got myself up to HR12 after about 30 hours of play and it's just...not doing much for me in terms of motivation to crack on and break through the rank barrier.

I was disappointed with the monster reveal after hunting down some ??? Tracks; I'd heard the monster variety wasn't great but I feel like even some of the "new" monsters are regurgitated from different ones in the series past, sharing moves and abilities just under a different skin. It's still not doing enough new things for me overall to think this upgrade was worth it.

Perhaps it's the realisation that the grind is very real again, I don't know, but I don't feel that same desire to I once did. It's perhaps just the series as a whole; I thought I was disappointed with Generations because they over did the amount of quests, but maybe it's just because after 400+ hours on 3 and 300+ on 4...I've had my MH fill. Torn between getting as much money back as possible and trading in now, or at least doing the game it's full service before I pass full judgement and getting to the campaign "end" at least.

• Sad 1

In terms of monster variety, you have to remember this is the vanilla version of the game. The recent entries we got over here skipped the base game and went straight to the G rank version. Plus, this was Capcoms first attempt at a ground up, next gen version of MH. I feel a little slack should be given to them.

I mean no disrespect to you when I say this but maybe the series just isn't for you anymore. You have a kid now and don't have the time you once had to sit playing in front of a console for crazy hours and grind out missions, both of which the game demands. Had this been on a handheld, which, personally I'm glad it's not, I feel you and maybe Kav would be getting more out of the game. 

Im still loving it. I'm HR 136 and passed the 200 hours mark this week and still have plenty to do on the game. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

In terms of monster variety, you have to remember this is the vanilla version of the game. The recent entries we got over here skipped the base game and went straight to the G rank version. Plus, this was Capcoms first attempt at a ground up, next gen version of MH. I feel a little slack should be given to them.

I mean no disrespect to you when I say this but maybe the series just isn't for you anymore. You have a kid now and don't have the time you once had to sit playing in front of a console for crazy hours and grind out missions, both of which the game demands. Had this been on a handheld, which, personally I'm glad it's not, I feel you and maybe Kav would be getting more out of the game. 

Im still loving it. I'm HR 136 and passed the 200 hours mark this week and still have plenty to do on the game. :D 

No disrespect taken, in fact I think you're probably spot on there, my life is completely different now and this game needs a big commitment time and effort wise to make real head way into it.

Perhaps it's just the franchise itself now, as I did have Generations on 3DS but lost some desire; I think Switch would have definetly made it easier and if we get a Switch game over here I'll almost certainly try it to see, but perhaps the grind isn't for me any more.

Yesterday I had a bit of time to play it but couldn't get up for it; scoured my previous games with gold purchases and saw I am Alive sat in my list, so thought I'd fire that up as I'd never played it back in the day. Now I'm in no way suggesting that it's a better game than MH, but in terms of a linear, a to b experience I felt it served me a lot better. Also I think that's why I've enjoyed PUBG so much; it's just 30 mins or so, all starting at the same point, then once it's done it's done and has no bearing on the next game! I've also found the older I'm getting I want fresher experiences, so as I say perhaps I've simply had my fill of MH and will just remember 3 and 4 as some of my favourite ever games and leave it at that :)

Ah well, I'm glad to have experienced this new MH, and I'll give it a day or two and hopefully get back up for it, not ruling out completely yet!

• Thanks 2

I've hit HR70 after 130 hours and I'm just a bit bored now.

The ultra rare bird and fish aren't showing up for me and after doing the bounties and event quests, I can't be bothered doing anything else until they refresh.

I still love the game @Hero-of-Time

Just because it’s my least favourite MH so far doesn’t mean I don’t like it. I want to play it all the time, haha.

I just think the way it forces the story & doesn’t allow you to just get in a party and hunt all together from quest 1 without having to faff is a miss-step (watch cut-scenes then join etc).

@Kaepora_Gaebora when playing the other games did you play with all the different weapons? A switch of weapon can make the game feel very fresh!

• Thanks 1

How are you still dealing with cutscenes? The story mode is a distant memory to me :p

11 hours ago, lostmario said:

I've hit HR70 after 130 hours and I'm just a bit bored now.

The ultra rare bird and fish aren't showing up for me and after doing the bounties and event quests, I can't be bothered doing anything else until they refresh.

But you haven't unlocked the final mission.

Back to FIFA for you then? :p 

8 hours ago, Kav said:

I still love the game @Hero-of-Time

Just because it’s my least favourite MH so far doesn’t mean I don’t like it. I want to play it all the time, haha.

I just think the way it forces the story & doesn’t allow you to just get in a party and hunt all together from quest 1 without having to faff is a miss-step (watch cut-scenes then join etc).

@Kaepora_Gaebora when playing the other games did you play with all the different weapons? A switch of weapon can make the game feel very fresh!

For 4 I played with Lance I initially and then started using the bow for some quests as well, and in Generations I completely mixed it up and used the switch axe too; although I'm not sure if that didn't help in terms of going off it.

Went back to the Lance for this one, partly because of familiarity and knowing I'd be able to get into it straight away, and partly because I watched an interview where two of the creators said they both always used the same weapon in every entry (one of them being the Lance), so I thought no shame in that! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

How are you still dealing with cutscenes? The story mode is a distant memory to me :p

I'm the same. These days adult life just gets in the way. Ive nearly put in 40 hours so far which is quite a bit considering its been out for a month.

How do you find the time? I'm only HR13!

Do I need to upgrade considerably for Negregante? or is he just a winged ass hole?

I just unlocked his quest, and solo its reasonably easy to avoid him and survive, but man when people join in on you! I've tried it 4 times and I get slaughtered once more then one person joins.

I'm currently rocking low rank Legaia helm, gloves and boots (the legaia perk for more loot had been a god send) and Zorah Magdaros chest and coil, but I have enough for the full Zorah set (alpha since it won't be my main set)
Should I grind for the HR versions?

I'm aiming for the Odogaron mail to make a set recommended for the insect gaive, but I wasn't going to grind for that until the story was out of the way? am I wrong?

Since I had a snow day yesterday I did get all the Aloy alpha set, which is okay but I didn't overly like it and switched back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But you haven't unlocked the final mission.

Back to FIFA for you then? :p 

Nah, back to Shadow of War and Everybody's Golf

On 02/03/2018 at 1:27 PM, Agent Gibbs said:

Since I had a snow day yesterday I did get all the Aloy alpha set, which is okay but I didn't overly like it and switched back.

I don't know if I'm alone but ever since the game came out, I've been rocking the Origin Armour Set which came with pre-ordering most versions of the game.

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Origin+Armor+Set

I've upgraded it with armour spheres to maximum level and... it offers a little bit of defense but I've had to improve my dodging skills just in case. :p

Sadly I'm only around 30 hours in so far, there were weeks where I just couldn't play but I've now started playing online regularly with an old friend who I've been playing online games with since the good old DC PSO days and it has made the world of difference. :D

Of course he's more advanced in HR level and over a hundred hours in I think but that hasn't stopped the game from being fun, though I am going to put in the effort now to advance the story so that I can get up to higher HR level soon (HR12 at least) so that more interesting quests open up. :peace:

I still love the game, adore Monster Hunter and can't wait to put in more time as and when I can. :)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

The game is now Capcom's best selling title ever!

- Becomes the best-selling title in Capcom's history -
Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One*1 has shipped 7.5 million units worldwide (including digital download sales). A PC version is to be released at a later date.

The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in a beautiful natural environment. The series has sparked a social phenomenon known as the "Monster Hunter Craze" by introducing a new kind of communication style for players through cooperative play focused on hunting monsters with their friends. Since the first Monster Hunter title made its debut 14 years ago in 2004, the series has attracted a dedicated fan base, and overall grown into a mega-hit with cumulative sales of more than 48 million units worldwide as of March 5, 2018.

Monster Hunter: World is the latest entry in the series, and the first new Monster Hunter title for home consoles in nine years. It is also the first title in the series to be given a global simultaneous launch, and was given an ambitious worldwide promotional campaign in order to further build upon its fan base both in Japan and in markets overseas. As a result, Monster Hunter: World has overcome both linguistic and cultural barriers to delight approximately 7 million players worldwide, and has shipped 7.5 million units, making it the best-selling title in company history.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all users by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fully deserved! I am really enjoying it despite the slow progress. I am so glad they developed a MH game fit for current gen consoles.

Should a MH game be released for the Switch that is similar to the old ones then I am not sure i'd pick it up.

• Thanks 1

Despite my own misgivings about the game, that truly is great news for the series, well done Capcom! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ugh, the Kushala Daora makes me want to stop playing. No one seems to join that quest and it's a bugger to solo. Too much wind in the last stage, can't move, killed without being able to move. Dull and frustrating. First monster that's really pissed me off.

6 minutes ago, somme said:

Ugh, the Kushala Daora makes me want to stop playing. No one seems to join that quest and it's a bugger to solo. Too much wind in the last stage, can't move, killed without being able to move. Dull and frustrating. First monster that's really pissed me off.

Flash pods are your friend. Whenever he flies in the sky just wait until he leaves his tornado area and then flash him to the ground. As soon as you see him limping away flash him. You can lock him in the area he is currently in and this will stop him from getting to his final resting place, which is where he causes most damage. This is true of everyone of the Elder Dragons. If you allow them to go back to their nest then you will make the fight harder for yourself.

• Thanks 3

Finally caught that rare bird, just that rare fish now.

Refusing to do any more hunting until I catch it...

4 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Finally caught that rare bird, just that rare fish now.

Refusing to do any more hunting until I catch it...

Congrats! 

I just kept looking for them during hunts. For the fish I would quickly nip to the pond while I was farming Vaal Hazak as its right near where he spawns. I found it far less hassle to look while I was on a mission, rather than quitting out and starting again.

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Congrats! 

I just kept looking for them during hunts. For the fish I would quickly nip to the pond while I was farming Vaal Hazak as its right near where he spawns. I found it far less hassle to look while I was on a mission, rather than quitting out and starting again.

Got the rare fish on the second spawn tonight. It's crazy, after getting so frustrated with the game looking for the fish and bird, I'm enjoying it again.

50 tempered monsters next target.

1 minute ago, lostmario said:

Got the rare fish on the second spawn tonight. It's crazy, after getting so frustrated with the game looking for the fish and bird, I'm enjoying it again.

50 tempered monsters next target.

You're a right trophy whore. :D 

• Haha 1