Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter World (PS4)

1 hour ago, Kav said:

My copy has shipped... cannot wait!!!

I should’ve booked the Monday off too.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah mine too

Add me to the "shipped" squad. :D

There's every chance that I'll be playing this at 9PM after Mario Kart 8 tomorrow. :grin:

Possibly even before... ;)

• Like 1

I need to buy a headset for Party Chat, my WiiU one broke!

Thinking of the PlayStation wireless 2.0 one as it works with the Switch too apparently.

Edited by Kav

If anyone is interested in watching, Giant Bomb will be running a Monster Hunter livestream at 4pm.

I need to buy a headset for Party Chat, my WiiU one broke!
Thinking of the PlayStation wireless 2.0 one as it works with the Switch too apparently.
Great headset, a lot of us on here have it.
  • Thanks 1

Well my copy just arrived. Time to see how big the day one patch is...

...813mbs, not too bad.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My copy arrived... :D

...and now I have to go to work. :(

#TheUpsAndDownsOfGettingAnEarlyGameOnThursday

• Like 1

Monster Hunter World seems great so far but the online side is a bit messy. When you connect after the tutorial mission you just get a flood of messages saying people are logging on/posting quests etc. I have a feeling I’m just gonna log on each day, get my daily bonus then just set myself to offline and on play solo or in private matches.

I'm not gonna be picking this up til April as I've got a busy few months and bad enough at doing stuff already. I should be able to catch up and hunt with guys if I get into it still then, right?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rummy said:

I'm not gonna be picking this up til April as I've got a busy few months and bad enough at doing stuff already. I should be able to catch up and hunt with guys if I get into it still then, right?

I’ll be up for it still!

My copy has arrived. I also bought a new headset.

My body is ready.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I put four hours into Monster Hunter World this evening, this is after not really playing anything for weeks and I've only been playing in Single Player mode so far but...

...easily my Game of the Year so far and while it might only be January, I can see myself playing this nearly every day for the duration of the year. :D

Monster Hunter is back and this time, it means business. :cool:

• Like 3

I woke up extra early so I could get time to play this. Still spent for ever in character and erased most of my time so will have to wait till after work, drinks and a meal before I can really sink my teeth into it.

Think I’ll be manning charge blade but dabbling a bit in almost every other weapon this time.

Everyone else doing something similar?

Edit: oh and it’s great to be talking/playing/dreaming monster hunter again

• Thanks 1

I'm sticking with dual blades for now as I hear its quite a good beginner weapon and I like the speed. Not going overboard playing at the moment, I mostly just do one or two quests before taking a break so I expect a lot of you will overtake me quite quickly.

I got as far as seeing a Pukei-Pukei last night in the story I believe and I hunted a Kula Ya Ku... the one that carries Rocks and tries to smash you to death with them, fun. :p

I'm enjoying it so far, I also spent a decent amount of time in the character creation, in case anyone can't guess, I went with a Dual Sword wielding Male Hunter named Edge because... tradition. :D

I may get to play some more of this tonight for an hour or so I hope, but first... *sigh* the call of work must come before the call of the hunting horn. :(

So ive just finished Pukei-Pukei and now at HR3. I'm wanting to game with folks as its a bit dull playing on my own.

Do people mind if i see you party chat if i jump in (providing there is space, of course).

I’m hoping my copy arrives today!

Royal Mail didn’t come yesterday the buggers, I’m gutted!

Started playing this way too late last night, 2:30am or something... so it was only on for half an hour as I was tired.

I went looking for Pukei-Pukei but couldn't find it so I just quit the quest and called it a night.

Hopefully I'll make up for it this weekend though, well after work today anyway.

Switched to full bone armour now, try and actually get some resistances up a bit after having a bit of mix and max with the leather and preorder armours.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Blade said:

So ive just finished Pukei-Pukei and now at HR3. I'm wanting to game with folks as its a bit dull playing on my own.

Do people mind if i see you party chat if i jump in (providing there is space, of course).

Never fear, JBS is...not here :p

Been getting nostalgic thinking about playing with you and @Kav on 3 all this moons ago, had some great times on that!

How are you finding this one? Not feeling much hype in here; having actually been in Game yesterday and resisting the urge to buy it, I should be able to wait until it's reduced in price a bit now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Never fear, JBS is...not here :p

Been getting nostalgic thinking about playing with you and @Kav on 3 all this moons ago, had some great times on that!

How are you finding this one? Not feeling much hype in here; having actually been in Game yesterday and resisting the urge to buy it, I should be able to wait until it's reduced in price a bit now.

I'm really enjoying it. Its such am advancement from the Wii U/3DS games.

I have no idea why people aren't talking about it.

People are playing it already through their established groups though. I imagine games are being organised via whatsapp, PSN or something. 

I'm mainly playing on my own :blank: but have had some games with lostmario when there is space in his group.

Edited by Blade
  • Thanks 1