NEurope
drahkon

Skull and Bones (XB1/PS4/PC)

It is the Golden Age of Piracy. Renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth: warships. You are a pirate captain who has refused the king’s pardon and sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an untamed frontier full of lavish riches. However, these waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs clash. In order to survive, you will have to build a lethal fleet, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and ally with other pirates in your endless struggle for supremacy.

Dominate a Dangerous Open Ocean:

A shared open world that reacts as you plunder rich trade routes

Customize Your Pirate Experience:

Choose your captain, recruit your crew and build deadly ships

Naval Combat Redefined:

Use your weapons, spyglass and even the wind to stalk and destroy your prey

Play Solo or Coop:

Raid the Hunting Grounds alone or group with other players to hunt larger prey

Explosive Multiplayer:

Enter the Disputed Waters and fight for supremacy in a variety of game modes

Available Fall 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

It's basically the naval combat from AC Blackflag

Edited by drahkon

Assassin's Creed Black Flag without the Assassin's! And with added squid!

What a pile of crap! Everyone loved Black flag because it was a strong single player experience, which seamlessly allowed on land hand to hand combat, exploration and adventure, swimming AND naval combat to explore the high seas

And what do UBI soft think everyone wants when they ask for basically black flag 2.0 without the assassins? just the naval combat! more like Black flag 0.5!

All they needed to do was use every asset of black flag and give it its own story (no animus shit) take it out of reality a bit (krackens etc) and maybe add multiplayer.

Also... Sea of Thieves though. :p

Such a bad time to reveal this, Rare will surely have the better Pirate game, it has loads more charm for starters.

But this is multiformat I guess so there is that, Pirate game for the Playstation platform, I guess it could be worse, it's just not going to do well I feel. ::shrug:

I thoroughly recommend boycotting everything about this thing.

• Like 1

I just think it looks a bit rubbish. A typically soul-less Ubisoft game, where they spent the first 10 minutes of that presentation talking about crafting, and cosmetics and progress bars, without actually saying what the main gameplay was.

Ubisoft Milan and maybe a couple more apart, the whole publisher is in a shocking state at the moment.

I'm still stunned that this game hasn't been cancelled yet.  If it weren't for the Singapore goverment subsidies and associated Must-Release release clause in their contract? I'm sure that this game would've been shitcanned long ago.

Literally a 10 year development cycle... for what was supposed to essentially be a DLC mod pack for Assassins Creed 4... Insane.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

So the Open Beta is out Thursday. I'll give it a go, any of you considering it? Seems like Duke Nukem Forever in that it was in development hell and finally pushed over the line. I've not been massively conscious of this game so have no expectations :hehe:

Edited by ViPeR

On 2/6/2024 at 7:26 AM, ViPeR said:

So the Open Beta is out Thursday. I'll give it a go, any of you considering it? Seems like Duke Nukem Forever in that it was in development hell and finally pushed over the line. I've not been massively conscious of this game so have no expectations :hehe:

I'm considering it, but I need to do a bit more research apart from 20 second YouTube ads before other videos. If it's just naval warfare and related stuff, crafting only for boat etc and a lot of sailing, I might give it a miss. If it's like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, I'd be much more interested, that game was amazing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I'm considering it, but I need to do a bit more research apart from 20 second YouTube ads before other videos. If it's just naval warfare and related stuff, crafting only for boat etc and a lot of sailing, I might give it a miss. If it's like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, I'd be much more interested, that game was amazing.

So I played an hour or so yesterday of the Open Beta. It felt distinctly average. The main gripe I had was camera and aiming settings couldn't be adjusted in the Beta so it soured my whole experience. Such an odd thing to block. You can adjust your sailing camera...Great. In terms of gameplay and graphics well let's start with Gameplay. It got mildly interesting during sections where you're fighting other ships but there didn't really feel like there was any sense of tactics or nuance to the combat. Now weapons etc can be upgraded but actual combat itself just felt like me and the other ship circling each other until one got destroyed. Sailing the open water felt a bit dull. I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps because the ship I had wasn't really that fast so I'm sure that might change. Thing is in Sea of Thieves at least there's things to do while you sail. Checking map coordinates, making minor adjustments to your bearing, keeping an eye out for enemy ships etc. Here you are just sailing from point A to B with nothing to do other than, if you want, starting fights with other ships but then that leaves you vulnerable if you're heading for a contract where you have to fight enemy ships lol. I also felt it just wasn't particularly easy to play. How they approach button configuration feels really off.

Graphically it is massively underwhelming. I appreciate this is a Beta but man, really not impressed. For a game in development so long I'm really surprised.

The positives for the moment however I did feel the community,  at the time I played, was respectful and worked together. I would join people taking on enemy ships and vice versa. It happened quite organically so that was quite cool. It's certainly not a game I'd spend any money on as it just didn't pull me in. There was no immediate story hook either. You just play some voiceless pirate who has no real backstory other than surviving a ship battle. Again this might likely get explored later but if the gameplay doesn't draw you in sometimes a good story hook can. Wasn't there for me.

So to summarise I might play it again if it's on game pass but that'd be it.

Edited by ViPeR
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ViPeR said:

Shizzle

Is there any on land stuff? Or are you just sailing the X seas?

Would be a bit crap if you never docked surely, can't have you just sailing the seas for all eternity.

9 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Would be a bit crap if you never docked surely, can't have you just sailing the seas for all eternity.

I dunno, that bit was pretty cool in Sea of Stars.

3 hours ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

There was a part where I explored a port town and a ship wreck but it was pretty uninspiring to be honest. Looks like you can dock in certain areas, perhaps there are ones more interesting