NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4/XB1/PC)

I'm happy to see 16. Any fighting game gets better when you include Rocket Punches.

In recent rumours, the website to this game seems to have some revealing URLs:

• Gohan's profile is listed as "gohan_y", likely short for "Gohan Young". This means Adult Gohan is practically a certainty;
  • Buu is listed as "buu_z", likely short for "Buu Zen" (the japanese nickname for Buu-turned-good). So, at least one of the evil Buus (either Kid Buu or the taller Super Buu) is in;
  • Finally, Android 17's voice actor has recently revealed that he's voicing him in this game. Apparently, he didn't have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. This does not confirm him as playable, because...

Dragon-Ball-Fighters-V-Jump_08-17-17_001

...17 seems to be part of 18's moves. This doesn't deconfirm him, though it hurts his chances. I personally think his recent return in Super spiked his popularity enough that he'll be in, even if he needs to be added later as DLC.

So, as far as fighters go, the only shoe-in that hasn't been confirmed one way or the other is Gotenks. Anybody else they confirm for this game will surprise me.

• Like 1

Son of a bitch! 17 is with 18. :angry: Surely they will make Super's 17 available as DLC. It would be madness not to.

Feb release. sooner than I thought it was going to be.

DH0SZIHXoAAFrTq.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

That steelbook looks great.

It's been confirmed the game is called fighters and not Fighter z, if anyone was interested. :p

New magazine scans have surfaced. Two new playable characters!

Spoiler

vknk8bo.jpg

Yamcha and Tenshinhan! :yay: I know Yamcha gets a lot of crap from the fandom, but I still like him. Here's hoping he has a baseball technique.

I'm also wondering if Tenshin will have his multi-form and four-arm techniques.

And also, an original character designed by Toriyama for story mode:

Spoiler

DJ2HleoXkAImXKc.jpg

"Android 21" is her name. I think she's just an NPC, but nothing's confirmed

*grumble**grumble* She's a gynoid, not an android *grumble**grumble*

*grumble**grumble* She's a gynoid, not an android *grumble**grumble*

Did you just assume their gender?

Edit that post @bob please.
I don't mind, but others might.

Edit: Talking about the spoilers.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bob said:

Did you just assume their gender?

Yeah. I do that, like, all the time.

I'm buying this probably the day it comes out, but having to explain to friends who aren't up on what's happening in fighting games that you're super hyped for a goddamn Dragonball game is one of the most awkward experiences you can have as a human being.

I kind of wish something like this had come out 12 years ago when I was 16, out of my Dragonball phase but only just, and really getting into my competitive fighting games phase. Wouldn't have been hard at that point to rope friends into playing this with me. As it stands I'm fairly sure the only competition I'm going to get is random online battles.

• Like 1

Release date.

Promising fighting game Dragon Ball FighterZ comes out on 26th January 2018, Bandai Namco has announced. That's for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

• Like 4

Got my main character, loved using him in Hyper Dimension and his movesets looks similar.

• Like 1

So, just to keep the thread updated, the trailers teasers for Kid Buu (who shows a variety of fun stuff) and Adult Gohan (with some bland moves) have landed.

While I don't have a source right now, I know I read somewhere that Gohan has a mechanic where he activates a "Mystic Mode" (not the actual name) of sorts where he gets stronger the more Super Meter you have.

And the magazine Gematsu confirmed that Beerus, Hit, and Goku Black (w/ Zamasu) will be playable on the base roster. Excellent news, as Hit is probably my favourite DBS character.

On 12/13/2017 at 5:26 PM, Jonnas said:

While I don't have a source right now, I know I read somewhere that Gohan has a mechanic where he activates a "Mystic Mode" (not the actual name) of sorts where he gets stronger the more Super Meter you have.

That seems to be the case.

Spoiler

Anyone know which version comes with the anime songs, hoping it's not the expensive collector's edition?

• Like 1

DTFnkXaW4AAE7Bn.jpg

(the date on the picture is the game's release date, not for the beta)

Bandai Namco has revealed the playable character roster for the upcoming Dragon Ball FighterZ open beta, which kicks off on PlayStation 4 this weekend. The stress test will feature 11 warriors, several of which weren't available in previous betas.

Here's a quick list:

• Goku
  • Vegeta
  • Piccolo
  • Krillin
  • Android 18
  • Adult Gohan
  • Nappa
  • Frieza
  • Cell
  • Kid Buu
  • Beerus

The open beta starts on Sunday, the 14th January at 00:00 PT/ 08:00 GMT, and it ends on Tuesday, the 16th January at 00:00 PT/08:00 GMT.

via PushSquare.

The original tweet for those who are interested and can speak Spanish :p

31 minutes ago, drahkon said:

DTFnkXaW4AAE7Bn.jpg

(the date on the picture is the game's release date, not for the beta)

via PushSquare.

The original tweet for those who are interested and can speak Spanish :p

If you pre-order from PSN or XBox Live you get access on the 13th

2.4 GB.

Won't be able to play much but will definitely give it a go on Sunday.

Thought I preordered too late to get an early access code, turns out I had to active it in Shopto so guess I'll try it out tomorrow. Wish Gotenks was playable in the beta.

Only played the tutorials but the game is amazing.

Wondering if I should have gotten the PC version since I don't have Plus, although not sure if I'll really be playing online much.

Ok I played a few matches and I think I'm going to have to cancel my preorder. This thing is far too simplistic for me to dish out full price for. It's like a fisher price Ark Sys game. I still have Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear to play through, maybe I'll pick this up when it drops in price.

Ok so I cancelled my preorder. Then I bought it again after playing more of the beta and figuring out there's a universal parry and a pushblock mechanic. That really changed the game because before, the game was just one player or the other sitting there eating blockstrings and waiting for an opening. Now I can punish predictability as well as push frame advantage. I'm not typically into tag fighters, so I can't tell how deep the combo system is, but it still feels a little featherweight compared to GG or even Persona 4 Arena.

Sign in to follow this