NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4/XB1/PC)

So pretty! My Mrs' son will absolutely love this!

No doubt he'll want it so I'll not get it on PS4, XBO it is.

Edited by Kav

Golden Frieza?

Jesus, I'm so out of touch with Dragon Ball...I stopped following it halfway through the Buu Saga. No idea what happens in the movies or in whatever the fuck's going on with the series now :lauging:

Looking forward to the game, though.

Golden Frieza?

Jesus, I'm so out of touch with Dragon Ball...I stopped following it halfway through the Buu Saga. No idea what happens in the movies or in whatever the fuck's going on with the series now :lauging:

Looking forward to the game, though.

DB Super has been fantastic. The Goku Black storyline was amazing and the current storyline is setting up to be something special.

DB Super has been fantastic. The Goku Black storyline was amazing and the current storyline is setting up to be something special.

This week's episode was great. Do wish they would hurry up and start the main arc though.

Hoping Gotenks and Vegito make it in the roster. I got a bit tired of DBZ fighter games but no way I'm going to pass this one up.

Would I have to catch up on something or can I just watch DB Super and be good?

This week's episode was great. Do wish they would hurry up and start the main arc though.

Hoping Gotenks and Vegito make it in the roster. I got a bit tired of DBZ fighter games but no way I'm going to pass this one up.

The Yamaha baseball episode was legendary. :D

Would I have to catch up on something or can I just watch DB Super and be good?

You'll probably be a bit lost. There's been around 95 episodes of Super, although the first two story arcs were essentially the two movies but just split up and stretched out.

You'll probably be a bit lost. There's been around 95 episodes of Super, although the first two story arcs were essentially the two movies but just split up and stretched out.

Ah, I see.

Will give it go and see if I need to read up or not. :)

Oh god this looks fucking amazing. Perfect property for Arc System Works.

The Yamaha baseball episode was legendary. :D

Yup. It's up there with the Goku and Piccolo learn to drive episode. :bowdown: The slice of life episodes tend to be better than the main story arcs.

Ah, I see.

Will give it go and see if I need to read up or not. :)

The anime and manga (and movies) differ quite a lot, although the overall stories are pretty much the same. The manga jumps through the Battle of Gods arc and even tells you go watch the movie. I assume it's the same for Ressurection of F arc/movie, I've not read that far.

Edit: already posted.

Direct gameplay video:

Homina!

Edited by Ike

Whats the difference between this and the xenoverse games that are out?

Whats the difference between this and the xenoverse games that are out?

This is 2D, they're 3D... this looks better for sure.

The game is getting an insane amount of good press from E3. In comparison Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite seems to be a lukewarm affair.

SameIdolizedAmericancreamdraft.gif

Dat Father-Son Kamehameha. :love:

This game looks gorgeous. A Marvel vs Capcom game using Guilty Gear's art style... and also it's Dragon Ball? Hot damn, I'm going to have to try this.

Looking forward to seeing Piccolo eventually. And hopefully some unlikely character choices, like Tao Pai Pai or Android 16.

Ok so having not played it, and just going on what the director has been saying in interviews about input/execution simplification in this game, I wonder if they're going to release a completely stripped down game without a lot of serious competitive and tournament potential.

I really hope that everything you can do in this game isn't just a series of canned auto-combos and flashy looking assists, and that there's actually some scope for a variety of mixups, cancels, crossups, fakeouts, parries and all the other good shit ASW are known for. Can't wait to get my hands on a demo or something.

I watched a metric buttload of Dragonball growing up and it'd be so fucking good to sit down with some childhood buddies and play some versus matches where skill plays a large part and you're not just mindlessly mashing to make cool shit happen on screen.

Ok so having not played it, and just going on what the director has been saying in interviews about input/execution simplification in this game, I wonder if they're going to release a completely stripped down game without a lot of serious competitive and tournament potential.

I really hope that everything you can do in this game isn't just a series of canned auto-combos and flashy looking assists, and that there's actually some scope for a variety of mixups, cancels, crossups, fakeouts, parries and all the other good shit ASW are known for. Can't wait to get my hands on a demo or something.

I watched a metric buttload of Dragonball growing up and it'd be so fucking good to sit down with some childhood buddies and play some versus matches where skill plays a large part and you're not just mindlessly mashing to make cool shit happen on screen.

This may kill some if not of your mentioned fears:

This may kill some if not of your mentioned fears:

Yeah Maximilian's been stoking a boner for that game for ages. LI Joe gave an interview where he suggests that it has a bit of a low skill ceiling, so that's partly where my fears came from. But hopefully we'll get our hands on it during the beta to check it out for ourselves.

Honestly, I can't wait until the game hits the tournament circuit. The game looks better than the anime ever did, it'll be super fun to reenact some of the classic fights.

More characters have been announced. SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Android 16 and Android 18 have all been added to the lineup. There's gonna be hell to pay if 17 isn't in the final roster.

Also, a 3v3 online mode mode where each person controls a character, making it a 6 player mode, was also announced.

• Like 2

Why 16?

Unsurprised about SSB Goku and Vegeta, now just add Vegito Blue. And Gotenks.

Sign in to follow this